Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Nintendo makes all of your worst Photoshop dreams come true  (Read 12326 times)

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
Nintendo makes all of your worst Photoshop dreams come true
« on: August 28, 2013, 11:39:05 AM »

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Re: Nintendo makes all of your worst Photoshop dreams come true
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 12:01:36 PM »
This seems to be real, sadly or not:

http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/X7JovF4r_w6KjagL-EoUexNyoO3Ewhdf

Nintendo 2DS

The newest member of the Nintendo 3DS family is designed specifically for anyone looking for a more affordable entry point into the world of Nintendo hand-held video games. Nintendo 2DS will be available in Red or Blue on Oct. 12 at a suggested retail price of $129.99.

Nintendo 2DS plays the entire library of packaged and downloadable games for Nintendo 3DS only in 2D. The system features a distinctive fixed, slate-type form factor, and optional carrying cases will be available in Red or Blue at launch at a suggested retail price of $12.99. Nintendo 2DS maintains many of the same hardware features as Nintendo 3DS: dual screens, game-play controls and touch-screen features. The system also has backward compatibility with the existing library of more than 2,000 Nintendo DS games, as well as access to wireless connectivity features like multiplayer online game play, fun Nintendo Video content and great digitally delivered games in the Nintendo eShop. To view a video of Nintendo 2DS, visit http://youtu.be/sAExBTWIp3M.

People eager to test drive the new system will have the chance beginning in October, when Nintendo 2DS joins a sampling tour in conjunction with Simon Malls that visits several different markets before it wraps up on Nov. 3. For more information about the tour, visit http://www.nintendo.com.

This:
http://www.nintendo.com/3ds/buy/
And this: http://www.nintendo.com/3ds/new/
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 12:04:25 PM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 05:51:22 PM »
is this a joke or something?

Nintendo 2DS - Introduction
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 06:07:36 PM »
It makes sense for younger children. One piece means no hinges to break, less top-heavy to hold, buttons higher up thus making for a better grip, and the 3D effect could potentially have damaging effects on children 6 or younger, I heard.

Nintendo has always been a toy manufacturer, and this here is the toy version of the 3DS. They make more money off parents with kids, so WTF do they care what 20- and 30-something Internet dweebs think about the design?
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 06:12:18 PM »
And since the screens are so close together it would make playing games such as Contra 4 a lot easier without the big gap in the middle.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 06:15:02 PM »
I hadn't noticed that.

It could potentially be a detriment, however. If I remember right, Contra 4 actually uses the gap between screens as actual gameplay space. Sonic Rush, on the other hand, doesn't.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 06:19:08 PM »
It could potentially be a detriment, however. If I remember right, Contra 4 actually uses the gap between screens as actual gameplay space. Sonic Rush, on the other hand, doesn't.

That could be a real problem, however we won't know for sure until someone actually tests out the theory *crosses fingers*
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 06:28:50 PM »
I've heard that it comes with a "sleep button" so these games that have some special functionality when you close a DS (like when you close it playing Castlevania and a sound can be heard) will still work as intended.

I only dont understand why its so large, they plan to add a extra battery in it or what?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 07:05:02 PM »
I think it's brilliant move on Nintendo's part. It comes out at the same time as the new Pokemon, addresses a lot of parental concerns AND it's cheaper.

As for the 3D thing, there are a lot of long term studies that are not yet completed that are likely going to show that these artificial 3D effects are actually detrimental to everyone's vision. I mean think about it. You're literally forcing your eyes to focus in an unnatural way that causes an inconsistency between your eyes and your visual cortex. Yeah, that sounds real healthy.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2013, 07:40:11 PM »
I don't know that 3D would ever be proven to damage eyesight. At most, 3D effects can strain the eyes and cause headaches. I don't think any permanent damage is being done, at least not to developed eyes.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2013, 07:46:25 PM »
Over the long term just normal displays can cause both eye strain and headaches and that most definitely is bad for your vision.
But like I said long term studies are ongoing and I'd personally prefer to err on the side of caution.
"Stuff and things."

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2013, 07:56:01 PM »
Honestly they should make the HDS, no 3D, but instead using the hardware to render at higher resolutions rather than a gimmicky 3d with shit framerates with quite a few games...

2DS, honestly should have kept the flip design since it doubles as great screen protection.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2013, 10:49:26 PM »
Contra 4 uses the gap as gameplay space, indeed. I just tested it. Also, once I played an Arkanoid game that used it. Sonic doesn't use it, I perfectly remember because it was so annoying. But Contra is difficult too. I don't see a way on which playing in 2 screens can be comfortable.

About the console, I don't see the point. Yes, many parents with little kids will buy this for sure, so from a marketing point I understand, but there's plenty of us, kid adults who play.
I want a 3DS with BIG screen.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2013, 01:37:27 AM »
I want a 3DS with BIG screen.

It already exists. ;) The XL's screens are 90% bigger than the regular 3DS. Any bigger and you'd have a monster of a device to hold.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2013, 02:15:06 AM »
+2
I'd buy a 1DS, for only $89.

Francis HATES the Nintendo 2ds system
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Tags: