Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Umbra of Sorrow (1999 Fan Project)  (Read 455265 times)

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Re: Castlevania: Umbra of Sorrow (Fan Project)
« Reply #150 on: April 07, 2015, 07:40:25 AM »
OOooh boy, you're in for a trip lol

Soon I'll post about it ;)
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #151 on: April 07, 2015, 07:57:25 AM »
I need my brain for midterms, but fuck it. :V
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Ericard

« Reply #152 on: April 10, 2015, 05:33:21 AM »
Good luck with the project. Hope more fans get to know the storyline.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
« Reply #153 on: April 12, 2015, 08:31:06 PM »
+2
Julius' origin coming soon. I'm fixing more plot-issues.

Julius origins requires me to also tell what Alucard has been doing for the past 200 years, how the Belmonts surpassed the defect in their spirit and some other things.

Offline AISTODIAOLO

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #154 on: May 07, 2015, 04:02:19 PM »
i just read  the story.
i loved it.
good luck

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #155 on: May 07, 2015, 04:12:07 PM »
This is turning out to be pretty great, keep it up! ;D

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #156 on: May 23, 2015, 05:33:11 PM »
This is turning out to be pretty great, keep it up! ;D

Thank you!

I'll ask you dudes for a little more patience. Just as I was about to speak about Julius, a quite huge project landed on my plate and I had to take care of it. In the mean time, I gave the story a little more mind and some things changed for the better. But I haven't forgotten.

Julius' story needs me to tell a little more than simply his origin, as this is the grand raison d'etre for everything that happens here. Just a little more patience, friends! But here goes a tiny preview-spoiler:

The one responsible for creating a very specific cure spell that plays a key role somewhere is Shanoa.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 05:37:50 PM by theplottwist »

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #157 on: May 26, 2015, 07:23:35 AM »
Cure Spell? Like the Sanctuary spell from PoR? Interesting.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #158 on: May 26, 2015, 08:49:33 PM »
Cure Spell? Like the Sanctuary spell from PoR? Interesting.

Bingo.

Since I'm unable to post the whole thing yet, I'll post this specific bit right here:

(click to show/hide)

And now you know how the Belmonts were cured from their spiritual mallady. I also tried to explain where Ecclesia's studies went: Shanoa recovered them, used them to fabricate Sanctuary, and destroyed them.

Wygol plays a last large role in the story I'm writting. I'm just trying to fit the pieces in.

Now... This spell is found inside one of Brauner's paintings. Can you guess how it wound up there (and ultimatelly in Charlotte's hands)?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 09:12:02 PM by theplottwist »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #159 on: May 26, 2015, 11:20:32 PM »
Well we all know how Charlotte finds the spell; Inside one of the paintings they were traversing. The Egyptian painting if memory serves. The only one who knew about the spell or at least heard of such a spell was Wind (Eric Lecarde). But he did not know where it could be located. Are you by chance having Charlotte be a relative of Shanoa's? Remember though, Charlotte doesn't have any of the Belmont's power within her or it would have been mentioned in her PoR backstory. That and she's not mentioned to be related to the Belnades family either. Shanoa does have the Belmont power, but it was an unnatural occurrence; a blessing in disguise from absorbing Dominious, and probably cannot be passed down to the next of kin as it does with the Belmont's natural-born power. It'll be interesting to see what you can come up with  :)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #160 on: May 27, 2015, 12:39:46 AM »
Well we all know how Charlotte finds the spell; Inside one of the paintings they were traversing. The Egyptian painting if memory serves. The only one who knew about the spell or at least heard of such a spell was Wind (Eric Lecarde). But he did not know where it could be located. Are you by chance having Charlotte be a relative of Shanoa's? Remember though, Charlotte doesn't have any of the Belmont's power within her or it would have been mentioned in her PoR backstory. That and she's not mentioned to be related to the Belnades family either. Shanoa does have the Belmont power, but it was an unnatural occurrence; a blessing in disguise from absorbing Dominious, and probably cannot be passed down to the next of kin as it does with the Belmont's natural-born power. It'll be interesting to see what you can come up with  :)

Charlotte does have a connection to the Belnades, but IGA never elabored on that, even though he did mention it in his interview about Portrait of Ruin. Charlotte will be the great-aunt of Lenora Belnades in this story, and have nothing to do with the Belmonts through blood. Her family is to the Belnades what the Morris are to the Belmonts, probably.

And no, Charlotte is not a relative of Shanoa. All Shanoa did was fabricate Sanctuary from the Belmont power she got from the villagers. As soon as she created the glyph, this power left her body to work as the glyph itself.

And Wind, apparently, didn't even know something like that was possible:

(click to show/hide)

Neither him, nor Charlotte... The most we can see here is that just maybe Wind thinks a purification spell could work but not even he knew how it could work...

...but Vincent Dorin did have a vague knowledge about how purification spells work, possibly because he's an insider from the Church. You can check that in the dialogue he gives while being vampirized. More on that later.

Here's somewhat of a hint about how this "spell" landed in Charlotte's hands:

You're right about it being hidden inside one of Brauner's paintings. Now, what are his paintings? Why would a vampirism-nullifying magic be inside one of his creations? Are the worlds inside the paintings real, or are they created from something else?

The answer to this involves a very vague line from Wind in Portrait of Ruin concerning Brauner's existence:

(click to show/hide)

Why would this be? What happened to Brauner that became a secret that not even the people hunting Dracula could know? And one more hint. Remember the Vincent dialogue I mentioned up there? This is the one:

(click to show/hide)

Now keep in mind: Charlotte finds this spell inside a painting made by a vampire, and the knowledge about it was vague to null even to her, who is a magical genius. But Vincent somehow heard about something like a "purification spell being effective against vampirism in early stages" from someone.

So, I think this might help you piece what I have in mind together ;)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 12:57:46 AM by theplottwist »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #161 on: May 27, 2015, 10:01:28 AM »
Being a member of the church, Vincent would have access to knowledge normally off-limits to the general public, so it goes without saying. However he's not all that up there in the church hierarchy so his access would also be limited. But a sanctuary spell for fending off vampirism he would definitely know about, as it would be required in order to fight off the effects of vampirism if someone had been victimized.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 10:03:05 AM by X »
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #162 on: May 28, 2015, 04:42:34 AM »
Being a member of the church, Vincent would have access to knowledge normally off-limits to the general public, so it goes without saying. However he's not all that up there in the church hierarchy so his access would also be limited. But a sanctuary spell for fending off vampirism he would definitely know about, as it would be required in order to fight off the effects of vampirism if someone had been victimized.

OK, here is what happened. But since I still can't post about it due to reasons, this is subject to change as all pieces are still not in place:

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 05:05:43 AM by theplottwist »

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #163 on: May 28, 2015, 05:27:51 AM »
That last part with the Condemned Tower is soooooo cool. Man, you're a boss at reconnecting things.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #164 on: May 28, 2015, 10:23:17 AM »
I see. Wygol village is the same village from Dawn of Sorrow.

Tags: 1999 Awes