Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Umbra of Sorrow (1999 Fan Project)  (Read 458063 times)

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania: Umbra of Sorrow (Fan Project)
« Reply #555 on: June 02, 2016, 04:00:31 PM »
Do they even MAKE windscreens for the Snowball? I've never seen ones big enough.

Also, it's purely a question of money. At present my coping mechanism is to simply record about ten inches from the mic and compress the audio to compensate.

Hardly ideal, but it's what I'm stuck with at the moment.

Any standard 6" pop filter will work. You might have to rig something up to mount it. If all else fails, duct tape the thing to the stand. They're dirt cheap on amazon.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 05:39:15 PM by Belmontoya »
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #556 on: June 02, 2016, 10:52:35 PM »
I confirm they're really cheap. I bought a microphone last year and the pop filter was included; a real life savior. (Now I'm just waiting on the new phantom alim and cables :3)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #557 on: June 04, 2016, 07:00:42 AM »
Any standard 6" pop filter will work. You might have to rig something up to mount it. If all else fails, duct tape the thing to the stand. They're dirt cheap on amazon.

Bruh, You should really REALLY consider voice acting as a career.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Gemini

• Maria's Pimp
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Falling!!
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Devil Hackers' Nest
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #558 on: June 04, 2016, 08:55:26 AM »
Extremely sexy, makes me almost willing to resume developing my platformer engine.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #559 on: June 04, 2016, 01:19:36 PM »
Bruh, You should really REALLY consider voice acting as a career.

You do realize way more goes into voice acting than just knowing what hardware to use, right?

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #560 on: June 04, 2016, 01:43:29 PM »
You do realize way more goes into voice acting than just knowing what hardware to use, right?

That's absolutely true. Good thing I have years of experience in acting on stage in addition to a plethora of acting classes I took in college which is more experience than a lot of professional voice actors have.

Not really sure what you're trying to imply with that passive aggressive comment.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #561 on: June 04, 2016, 01:48:05 PM »
Wasn't implying anything--was correcting the possibility that KaZudra was making a blanket statement since it came from a very basic hardware suggestion rather than any of the actual acting and vocal training that goes into VA. I'm well aware of your background and obviously have no reason to do something like pretend it doesn't exist.

Plus, as someone working towards it, why wouldn't I be inclined to make a correction if someone sees a hardware statement and goes "you should be a real voice actor" as a reply? That's not really what goes into doing it--hardware is just hardware.

Good job flipping your lid there.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 01:51:10 PM by Dracula9 »

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #562 on: June 04, 2016, 01:54:04 PM »
Not on my thread, guys. Take this to PM.
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #563 on: June 04, 2016, 01:55:28 PM »
'Sall good. I have nothing to start.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #564 on: June 04, 2016, 02:27:51 PM »
It behooves any voice actor to be familiar with different microphones and gear used in the studio. Especially those who record at home.

But the most important part is the acting by far. And I think you're good at both. As I said, it was a nitpick.

That was a pop of the lid, not a flip. Because I take acting that seriously.

But thanks for clarifying that you weren't trying to passive aggressively imply that I know nothing about acting. Because that's how it came across.

It was just a misunderstanding.

Both of you guys are doing great work.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #565 on: June 05, 2016, 02:05:10 PM »
Just to clarify: The voice acting is extremely good for Dracula.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
« Reply #566 on: June 05, 2016, 03:25:20 PM »
+1
Hello! Today I come to unveil one more artist contributting to Umbra of Sorrow: Aensland!

Aensland has composed fan tracks before, some of which you can find on Vampire Variations III, which you'll remember as a project helmed by Chernabogue.

Aensland has already contributed three arranges for this project at this time, two of which I'll post here. He plans on contributting more, but I'll probably withhold them so all is not spoiled at once :P For now, take a listen:

Into The Mirror [Entrance ~ Legends] -- Track meant for Umbra's incarnation of the Dracula's Castle Library.
Vampire's Stomach ~Hesitant Night~ [Final battle ~Bloodlines] -- The track you'll hear when the Count first meets Julius Belmont.

Also, something partially unrelated: For now all I've shown are arranges, but there are original tracks being created for this project too. So, expect to listen something new in the near future!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 03:38:01 PM by theplottwist »

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #567 on: June 05, 2016, 03:39:58 PM »
+1
Aensland keeps improving each time. Those are nice tracks. :)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #568 on: June 05, 2016, 08:48:36 PM »
Just to clarify: The voice acting is extremely good for Dracula.

Ah, well thanks!

Hitting that intonation is a killer on the throat (hooray for Throat Coat tea!), so I'm glad the efforts are appreciated and as well-received as they've been so far.

Hopefully I can keep holding to this standard, heh.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #569 on: June 26, 2016, 05:09:17 PM »
So, as you must have seen by now, Intersection has contributed with a 100% original track for this project. He created a thread for it, but I'm posting it here for "search" and organization purposes.

The track is named "Last Light" but I'm not saying what is it being used for. I'll just say it's meant for one very badass moment in the plot.

Soon, as with all public-available tracks, it'll be posted on the first page of this thread.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 05:12:21 PM by theplottwist »

Tags: 1999 Awes