Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Mega Man X5 Improvement Project Addendum  (Read 3313 times)

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« on: August 27, 2021, 05:22:36 PM »
https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/6131/

I helped the Addendum author acediez a bit during beta testing. It was the very first time I could be involved within a project that big, and it's a great experience I can remember it forever.
While this project could still be further evolved, according to discussion with Addendum author acediez there's very little room in the game's available memory so that more extended changes would not be supported that easily, what a shame. Still this project shows almost full capacity of how far X5's system can go if it wasn't plagued by Capcom's miserable choices in the first place.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 05:24:35 PM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Mega Man X5 Improvement Project Addendum
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2021, 06:29:54 PM »
The only real problem I found with X5 was its story; The whole apocalypse scenario that occurred which then plagued the rest of the series from then-on. Personally that's not how the Megaman universe should have ended up as being. And that's not even bringing into the fact that earth had colony worlds out there since Megaman 3. What happened to them when earth collapsed due to some bad writing on Capcom's part? Why didn't they help with Earth's recovery in any way? Why was this little tid-bit completely ignored so they could go with their apocalypse arc which eventually spelled the extinction of humanity? I honestly don't understand any of it. Talk about a clusterf@#k. For me Sigma died in X3 and that was that. All other games after it are just cash grabs.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 06:31:40 PM by X »
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2021, 11:56:33 AM »
Is this the one with what am I fighting FOOOOOOOOOOOOOORR

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2021, 07:08:46 PM »
Nope, that quote was in X4, but X4 also received an undub + retranslation by the same author
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2021, 02:54:08 AM »
So far the mod is really good. Million times better than the pitiful original. My only gripe was there's no convenient patch tool like in Mega Man X6 Tweaks, which seriously ruins the pace if I want to test any remaining bugs.

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2022, 06:17:54 PM »
Just a popup that as for Sept. 2022 it's been upgraded to v2.1.3. Every time it's been upgraded there's a ton of goodness added and lead to unlimited possibility.

A playthrough of an earlier version, hopefully it could demonstrate how good X5 could be improved if the additional tidbits are applied:

https://youtu.be/CSq99AarKeA

Tags:

anything