Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread  (Read 1051825 times)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1080 on: May 01, 2014, 04:37:06 PM »
This almost makes me want to upload/share my Sypha and Grant sprites from my hiatus-project...
...but they're incomplete, so I don't know whether I should...

Sure Jorge, share them!

Lets see what you were up to! lol

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1081 on: May 01, 2014, 06:57:44 PM »

Here's one I just shared with Kaostantine in the Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse thread.
Maybe it'll help inspire people.  I don't know.  Maybe?

In theory, if I get her cloak animations done and her stair animations done, she can become a complete spritesheet.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #1082 on: May 02, 2014, 05:43:47 AM »

Here's one I just shared with Kaostantine in the Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse thread.
Maybe it'll help inspire people.  I don't know.  Maybe?

In theory, if I get her cloak animations done and her stair animations done, she can become a complete spritesheet.

wow, nice work, i still cant do female sprites but i still fighting this XD

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1083 on: May 02, 2014, 10:16:55 PM »
Like this?

Actually, no. I would like her animated Rondo style if you could. I would also like to see her going completely up a staircase.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #1084 on: May 02, 2014, 10:51:55 PM »
For that i need the other sprites, since she only move his right leg up and no the left i cant make this, unless i make the  missing sprites or perhaps i dont understand  what do you mean (my english is not good XD) or better to wait to another helps you.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #1085 on: May 03, 2014, 05:30:54 PM »
+1
Giving Bhunivelze the FFVI treatment, hopefully before that guy who sprited Orphan beats me to it. Using that gool ol' draw-then-sprite method, too. I see why they used it so much back in the day, it's actually really effective and saves a lot of time with linework.

(not really a sprite, I know, but meh)

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1086 on: May 04, 2014, 11:52:20 AM »
try reversing the order of the sprites for the other leg going up.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1087 on: May 05, 2014, 03:49:21 PM »
Also, Kaziz, I made an animation like that a while back. The whip looks like crap though. Everything looks fine, except the whip. :( :( :(

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1088 on: May 06, 2014, 03:07:02 PM »
Giving Bhunivelze the FFVI treatment, hopefully before that guy who sprited Orphan beats me to it. Using that gool ol' draw-then-sprite method, too. I see why they used it so much back in the day, it's actually really effective and saves a lot of time with linework.

(not really a sprite, I know, but meh)

That's looking incredible!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #1089 on: May 07, 2014, 01:07:40 PM »
+1
His head's mostly done. Gotta fine-tune a lot of intricate details that are really tough to nail down at this scale.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #1090 on: May 08, 2014, 11:51:26 AM »
That sprite is sick! In my fantasy reality all the monsters from every 3D final fantasy would get remade in FF6 style.
"Stuff and things."

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1091 on: May 08, 2014, 07:00:20 PM »
I'm doing a 100% custom sprite sheet featuring ME. I already have 2 animations down.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #1092 on: May 09, 2014, 02:01:31 AM »
You're a true vampire hunter 8)

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #1093 on: May 09, 2014, 01:28:22 PM »
That's looking like a pretty good start, ZSB. You look like you've improved from your earlier stuff over on Inc., especially where highlighting is concerned. His (your?) shirt could do with a little more contrast and maybe a darker tone in there somewhere, but overall, it's not bad at all. Good job. :)

And thanks, Inc. I share a similar dream.

Got his base tones and shaping done. Now I just have to start shading everything. Still not 100% on his weapon, but that thing's pretty funky in design to begin with, nevermind at several thousandths of the in-game scale and held at a different angle. But it's good enough for now, I think. Also got him in the right dimensions for the FFVI battle screen. Of course, he takes up literally half of that screen, but since hypothetically there'd just be Lightning's sprite on there with him, I think it's fine.

And on the note of 'why the hell not,' I figure I'll display the horror that is the in-progress sheet. Just about all of my WIP sprites look like this up until the last touches, actually.
http://i.imgur.com/4iP8y64.png

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1094 on: May 09, 2014, 01:30:31 PM »
Do you mean my purple jacket or my orange undershirt ?

anything