Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread  (Read 1051669 times)

Offline VEP

• Vampire Exterminator Pixelite
  • Hunter in Training
  • Vampire Exterminator Pixelite
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Castlevania Legacy
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
« Reply #1125 on: May 28, 2014, 05:54:06 PM »
Is this any better?

ouu this is cool ..making sprite animation is hard work I never got the nack for it really..always ended up being awkward or choppy. Keep up the good work.

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #1126 on: May 28, 2014, 06:03:38 PM »
Wow Drac9 that looks pretty awesome! What is that from again? Reminds me of a neat rpg like chronotrigger or possibly final fantasty like.. Looke really awesome! If this is a new game you've developed..keep at it!

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1127 on: May 29, 2014, 06:19:02 PM »
I have that full Serio Sheet for Hanz. I never used it for anything just archive purposes.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 06:23:37 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1128 on: May 29, 2014, 07:34:12 PM »
Thanks guys, but I already got it. I've been doing a lot of customs lately. Sonia Belmont has now been pixelized by me.

Also, I would enjoy a critique or two on my Simon Belmont CV2 expansion sheet.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #1129 on: May 30, 2014, 09:00:32 AM »
Sonia looks promising. I'd like to see more of her done.

As for Simon, I've messed around with doing a similar, yet more limited expansion myself.
What you've done here looks useful for some of my own projects, and most importantly it looks consistent with the original.
I say keep going!
"Stuff and things."

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1130 on: May 30, 2014, 07:53:39 PM »
Sonia whip animation :).
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1131 on: May 31, 2014, 02:18:00 PM »

It's not completely converted, and Serio says he doesn't plan on finishing it ever, but there you go.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1132 on: May 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM »
I don't wanna sound rude, but I previously stated I already have the sheet.

Also, 2 new animations for Sonia. The second one is kinda crude though.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1133 on: June 02, 2014, 01:19:28 AM »
A picture I made for a Castlevania page. Gabriel and Zobek are having a hard time.

And here are the sprites separated. Zobek tempting Gabriel with the Combat Cross:

Anyone can use them for whatever they want, but crediting is always welcome.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 01:27:50 AM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1134 on: June 02, 2014, 01:38:21 AM »
So... how's Cornell doing? :P
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1135 on: June 02, 2014, 10:08:20 AM »
A picture I made for a Castlevania page. Gabriel and Zobek are having a hard time.

And here are the sprites separated. Zobek tempting Gabriel with the Combat Cross:

Anyone can use them for whatever they want, but crediting is always welcome.

I love it. Also, I have a Sonia beta walk. I know everything that is wrong with it. I just wanted to give you guys a sneak peak sorta thing.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #1136 on: June 03, 2014, 05:42:22 PM »
Well, now you have two sheets.  :P

Sonia's progressing rather nicely. Could maybe do with an extra frame here or there, but she's good already.

Also, finally getting around to getting sprites of the Undertaker done (no, not the fucking wrestler), because there are no Swagman sprite rips on the Internet I've found (and I've done me some digging).

And a comparison of my sprite (right) against the in-game render (left)

Isolating the render frames with tedious screencapping, and spriting over them, for maximum accuracy. And great justice.
Still have to fix his robe lapel things, as they're clearly mirrored and thus fucked-up in form; but the movement I need is there, and that's what matters.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 05:47:06 PM by Dracula9 »

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Mega Man Model T 101

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #1137 on: June 05, 2014, 06:27:02 PM »
Hey guys, I know it's been awhile but I was wondering if you could help me locate a sheet I once found? I had found it on another forum, but I forget how or why, and I can't find it again. Said sheet was a full sprite sheet of the whips from Portrait of Ruin, all the swinging frames, ect.

Reason being is my laptop decided to up and die on me, and while I still have all of what I had, and was able to relocate most of the things, this is one of the tougher ones to relocate. It also features Johnathon as a place holder example for some of the sprite frames.
The Legend shall live again....

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1138 on: June 06, 2014, 04:34:41 PM »
I dunno, but i have this.

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #1139 on: June 06, 2014, 06:53:11 PM »
Hey guys, I know it's been awhile but I was wondering if you could help me locate a sheet I once found? I had found it on another forum, but I forget how or why, and I can't find it again. Said sheet was a full sprite sheet of the whips from Portrait of Ruin, all the swinging frames, ect.

Reason being is my laptop decided to up and die on me, and while I still have all of what I had, and was able to relocate most of the things, this is one of the tougher ones to relocate. It also features Johnathon as a place holder example for some of the sprite frames.

This?
work by Billrizer