Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread  (Read 1051677 times)

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1140 on: June 06, 2014, 06:56:56 PM »
. I've started working on an Alucard SMBC skin. And it looks rather nice to me. Maria will be used for worlds 1-6. Cloaked Richter will be used for world 7 toad, probably saying something about his dang servants. Normal Richter will be used in place of Princess Peach, saying something about how tuff it was to kill his daddy.

A cloak animation and a skin overlay is present.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1141 on: June 06, 2014, 06:59:33 PM »
Well, now you have two sheets.  :P

Sonia's progressing rather nicely. Could maybe do with an extra frame here or there, but she's good already.

Also, finally getting around to getting sprites of the Undertaker done (no, not the fucking wrestler), because there are no Swagman sprite rips on the Internet I've found (and I've done me some digging).

And a comparison of my sprite (right) against the in-game render (left)

Isolating the render frames with tedious screencapping, and spriting over them, for maximum accuracy. And great justice.
Still have to fix his robe lapel things, as they're clearly mirrored and thus fucked-up in form; but the movement I need is there, and that's what matters.

What's wrong with The Undertaker?!  :P

Top 40 Moves of The Undertaker

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Mega Man Model T 101

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #1142 on: June 06, 2014, 08:11:49 PM »
This?
work by Billrizer

That's the one, but I had found the sheet on my old laptop when I went to fetch something else from it, but thanks all the same, at least ya knew which one I was talkin about. :)
The Legend shall live again....

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1143 on: June 07, 2014, 05:29:16 PM »
Nothing's wrong with the wrestler - actually, he's among my favorites - but whenever I bring the Undertaker boss from Swagman, people almost always assume I mean the wrestler, and thus irritation and mass confusion ensues.

See this is why more people need to play Swagman.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1144 on: June 09, 2014, 11:42:15 AM »
Drac, He looks AMAZING. I was animating some stuff, when I came across http://fav.me/d3lmoed <- those.
I really wanted to see them animated, so I picked an animation, and did it. It looks amazing, so I have to share it.

Also, not CVRelated, I've been working on some Megaman X Classic* style sprites, and they are not complete, but I wanna share them anyway.
* Original Classic style dashing sprites by Thanatos-Zero
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1145 on: June 09, 2014, 07:07:17 PM »
'Scuse my double post, but this needed to be posted. I made an enemy. It's called an Irkle. I guess it'd go around really fast, shooting lazers at you every 5 seconds. When you crouch down near it to attack, it'd dash away. Strong to : Holy
Weak to : Dark    HP: 75

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1146 on: June 10, 2014, 02:40:03 PM »
Drac, He looks AMAZING. I was animating some stuff, when I came across http://fav.me/d3lmoed <- those.
I really wanted to see them animated, so I picked an animation, and did it. It looks amazing, so I have to share it.

Hmmmm, what's the whip sprite sheet used for this one? I'd like to have it if you're able to share it.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1147 on: June 11, 2014, 01:41:10 PM »
Here ya go. It was originally Richter's from POR, but I modified it to my liking.

Also, I edited MegaMan X into Richter.

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1148 on: June 11, 2014, 03:49:51 PM »
Thanks. What are the modified frames by the way? I'm kinda guessing it's the frames where the whip is going limp. Just curious.

Offline kaonstantine

• Vampire Hunter
  • Pitayaware
  • Awards 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 3rd Place Award
    • Awards
« Reply #1149 on: June 11, 2014, 04:22:35 PM »
a sneak preview of the sprite i've done for darkmanx_429's Vamprotector. Probably some of yours have seen the original concept art. I have to say this is too big for my standards, but was an opportunity to experiment because i got planned to have big enemies in my game...

some details are missing, but i'm happy of how it looks right now.

What a wonderful night to have a curse.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1150 on: June 13, 2014, 06:27:11 PM »
Nice stuff,  kaonstantine.

Model T, the custom ones were the first 2 frames, the one right before the whip stiffens, and the falling frames. Also, I connected all the links with a dark grey pixel (or two)

Also, whaddya guys think of X so far? This, is the only place I can go for proper sprite criticism because on deviantART, it's either "that's cool" or *"fucking stupid that's not ryu"

*http://fav.me/d6epsd6 <go to the comments section

Anotha thang, I decided to finish that edit of the Denis Belmondo Trevor spriteset, and I'm kicking it off with a new whip animation.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 07:45:24 PM by ZeroSaberGreen »

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1151 on: June 13, 2014, 09:01:41 PM »
About X-Richter, you need to work on the head a little more so that the bandanna looks like it's under the hair but still visible.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1152 on: June 13, 2014, 10:04:07 PM »
Alright. But I seriously need feedback on that NES-X

Also, I realized how choppy one of my *old animations were,      *http://fav.me/d6epsd6
so I decided to remake it. The result is below.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 10:20:37 PM by ZeroSaberGreen »

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1153 on: June 14, 2014, 12:05:15 AM »
Again, excuse my double post, but this needs to be posted. I started goofing off in paint earlier, and this dude was born.
I put Chris there for comparison.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1154 on: June 14, 2014, 05:32:51 PM »
Quote from: ZeroSaberGreen
Also, I edited MegaMan X into Richter.

Funny you should post that, I did a whipping animation for X a while back that I never posted anywhere.

And also this, because why not.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.