Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: I think I need a 'girl-friend'.  (Read 24090 times)

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2013, 09:58:25 PM »
+1
Desiderata

That was beautiful, Shiroi. Thank you for posting it. We should have a thread dedicated to poetry/literature that we enjoy, or maybe an "inspirational literature" thread. Not in the religious sense (though that would be accepted & respected), but in the sense that it speaks to you on deeper levels & uplifts you.
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2013, 10:47:35 PM »
That's a good idea. Go for it!
"Stuff and things."

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2013, 11:07:34 PM »

Pfft. Lovers gonna hate. 8)

As for rejection, so far it's been find something to fault her (or him if it's the other way around) at and cite that as a reason you're better off without her (or him). The more faults you can cite, the quicker it will be to get over. ... Unfortunately, this has the one drawback of making you start noticing the faults in everyone before you even go out with them, but that's nothing a cute face and bubble-butt won't help you get over.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2013, 11:54:51 PM »
I find your misogyny disturbing.  That post is almost borderline psycho behavior (even if you could do it in the game.  Since I get the reference I can see what you meant, but an outsider reading this might think you're disturbed).

I know some women in your life did you wrong... but you might want to seek Therapy or something.  That was too strong.

I figured someone would get upset at that post, but am I the only one who takes Theou's posts with a grain of salt? Half the time it sounds like he's just shitting around.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2013, 12:08:41 PM »
Me too AF, I know that he is over-exaggerating on purpose and Im pretty new here, its common sense.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2013, 09:46:17 PM »
I figured someone would get upset at that post, but am I the only one who takes Theou's posts with a grain of salt? Half the time it sounds like he's just shitting around.

Those " just shitting around" days are over.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2013, 11:07:43 PM »
lolwut? Is that a threat to moderate the hell out of certain posts? Or has Theou advanced beyond troll and into SuperSeriousHater?
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Lone Wolf

Re: I think I need a 'girl-friend'.
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2013, 11:17:23 PM »
@Lone Wolf:
Everyone has their own thing and way to cope with unpleasant moments. ;)

Ditto. But i used to drink coffee instead. xP

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2013, 03:41:20 AM »
lolwut? Is that a threat to moderate the hell out of certain posts? Or has Theou advanced beyond troll and into SuperSeriousHater?

The change has already happened, Freak.  Look around.  There are very few 'just playing around' posts (which is just a clever way to be an ass while tiptoeing around the rules).  It is not a threat... it is reality.
It's just enforcing the rules that were already in place.

@Lone Wolf:
Coffee is great. I've never heard of that being used as a coping aid, though.
I've been with some great women, and a few crazy ones.  Right now I'm at that point where I don't need anyone, but I go on the occasional date.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2013, 05:36:54 AM »
i think an occasional date/ get together is all one needs who has a focus on something other than a relationship. This way you are not going to miss all the qualities the opposite gender has to offer. I mean it is human nature but at the same time if you spend countless hours trying to get the attention of one person, think about that time being used for your own benefit.
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Lone Wolf

« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2013, 11:54:22 AM »
The change has already happened, Freak.  Look around.  There are very few 'just playing around' posts (which is just a clever way to be an ass while tiptoeing around the rules).  It is not a threat... it is reality.
It's just enforcing the rules that were already in place.

@Lone Wolf:
Coffee is great. I've never heard of that being used as a coping aid, though.
I've been with some great women, and a few crazy ones.  Right now I'm at that point where I don't need anyone, but I go on the occasional date.

Nah, i drink coffee often, it's a habit. lol :P
Btw, can't say i have that luck with women. But i try not to think about it. I don't believe in luck, but still would like to meet someone. I don't mind having a girlfriend, just so i'm not the kind of guy who runs after them. I'm a passive person, always on my own.
And yeah.... I'm often alone, if not with family, at home. Schoolmates? I don't see anyone interested in me. As i said before, i'd better not think about that. The more i do it, the worse i can get, and so on. But i don't suffer or anything. I'm fine, even alone. How do they call it... Solitude? It's like being alone, but even when you're that way, you know you are still strong, and can beat anything. It feels good. I don't have problems in dealing with that. Just saying, btw.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2013, 12:54:22 PM »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2013, 04:43:36 PM »
Hmm I have a question for you guys and girls too.

How do you handle rejection or breaking up.

How painful is it?

It must be a really horrible feeling.

How does one brace themself for it?

Play Castlevania or Metal Gear..

Seriously, that's how I used to do it.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2013, 05:09:59 PM »
But its not so conforting if you end with Otacon in MGS1, so try to resist the torture.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Lone Wolf

« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2013, 08:34:58 PM »

lol No, dude. I'm really quiet. I often stay on the corner, although i'm still very friendly. :)
But nvm that, i'll just not think about it anymore. I don't think there is someone who can understand me.. I'm a... complicated person...

Tags: