Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Anniversary Collection Incoming?  (Read 53125 times)

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Re: Castlevania Anniversary Collection Incoming?
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2019, 08:46:27 AM »
I honestly would be satisfied with all the NES/SNES games, maybe adventure rebirth.  I would love for them to include some of the gb/gba/ds games, but I am doubtful.  Would love to see Harmony of Despair included as something of an online mode for the game.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2019, 09:19:41 AM »
ha i think i would be giddy and shocked if they included Legacy of Darkness.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2019, 09:50:59 AM »
Ideally, this is what I would want.

-Castlevania
-Simon's Quest
-Dracula's Curse (ENG and JP versions)
-Super Castlevania IV
-Rondo of Blood
-Chronicles
-Bloodlines
-Adventure Rebirth
-SotN
-Aria of Sorrow
-one of the DS titles, preferably Dawn of Sorrow or Order of Ecclesia

What I think would be great is if they put out two separate collections for Classic Castlevanias and Metroidvanias in a volume 1 and 2 deal.

If this turns out to be good I really hope it's coming to Switch, I'll be disappointed if it's Sony exclusive again. I have a PS4, but Nintendo needs a Castlevania.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 09:56:28 AM by OSM »

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2019, 01:37:42 PM »
Well, if the rumored all-new (Switch?) Castlevania game is coming after this, I'm guessing we'll hear some news at E3 2019. (Last year there was a "leak" around E3 that connected a collection release and a new game for Castlevania with a bunch of Smash Bros. announcements that came true.)

Offline TheTextGuy

• Vampire Hunter
  • Rocket punch!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2019, 07:00:44 PM »
https://www.konami.com/games/50th/ac/us/en/
One of the mystery games better be Bloodlines.

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2019, 07:11:52 PM »
I have easy access to all 4 games listed so far.  But this is still awesome.  I love seeing the classic games getting some appreciation.  I'm hoping they stear clear of SoTN and Rondo.  Maybe Bloodlines, Dracula X, Simon's Quest, and wild card 64 or LoD.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 10:02:30 PM by AlexCalvo »

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2019, 07:30:14 PM »
Konami also confirmed that Castlevania is getting more than one collection. Pretty sure this one is all about Classicvania.

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2019, 07:50:26 PM »
Eight games on the first collection is pretty sweet!  I hope Bloodlines is one of the four remaining games!  ;D

Looking forwarding to buying it and the other two collections this summer!  (And whatever CV collection comes after the first!)

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2019, 08:13:39 PM »
Konami also confirmed that Castlevania is getting more than one collection. Pretty sure this one is all about Classicvania.

Where did they confirm this?

Offline TheTextGuy

• Vampire Hunter
  • Rocket punch!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2019, 09:49:09 PM »
Where did they confirm this?
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1108189749179629568
It's implied there could be more on the way since it's says it's the "first Konami Castlevania collection".

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2019, 10:16:30 PM »
So they're pulling a Capcom? Jesus...  :P
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2019, 06:42:08 AM »
Since this seems to be shaping up as a "best of" classicvania collection, I'm guessing the remaining four titles will be Akumajou Dracula X68K/Chronicles, Rondo, Bloodlines and Adventure Rebirth. There's a very good possibility Rondo won't make it in because it's already included in Requiem but I'm not sure what else they could replace it with. Dracula X would kind of feel like getting the consolation prize.

I'm also really curious who the interviewees are going to be be in the bonus book. I assume it's going to be reprinted material because I doubt many developers from those days are still at Konami.     

Offline Succubus

• Head Priestess of the Monkey Cult
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2019, 07:04:50 AM »
Why is Haunted Castle on the arcade collection and not the Castlevania one???

If they have any sense at all, they'll include at least some of the ReBirth games on these. (I guess the Gradius one couldn't go on the arcade collection.) Granted, if they don't release these collections physically, then access to these could eventually be lost too, leaving the ReBirth games in limbo yet again.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2019, 07:27:52 AM »
the list is kind of funny in that it shows castlevania 1, 2, 3, and 4, but belmont’s revenge is listed as 2.  it’d be odd if simon’s quest didnt make the collection, but maybe it didn’t fit the kind of game they’re going for in this collection. 

i hope we get some never before seen production artwork :)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 07:29:28 AM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2019, 07:34:28 AM »
Why is Haunted Castle on the arcade collection and not the Castlevania one???

I find it odd that Haunted Castle would be considered as any kind of "arcade classic" because one of the developers outright admitted it was a financial failure. 

Tags: