Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Iga would still like to make the 1999 game?  (Read 3382 times)

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Iga would still like to make the 1999 game?
« on: June 05, 2019, 04:55:28 PM »
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/06/koji_igarashi_still_wants_to_finish_two_castlevania_episodes_with_konami

Hey not sure if old news? If so delete this but if not I'd be all for if he did.

Offline Zuljaras

• Castletoria (Game Project)
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Re: Iga would still like to make the 1999 game?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 02:28:15 AM »
+1
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/06/koji_igarashi_still_wants_to_finish_two_castlevania_episodes_with_konami

Hey not sure if old news? If so delete this but if not I'd be all for if he did.

Actually I prefer Umbra of Sorrow being finished and IGA focusing more on the Bloodstained franchise.

I do not want Konami to any involvement with Castlevania. I want them to sell the right to some other company.
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 05:20:22 AM »
This was probably the other game he wanted to finish

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 01:47:01 PM »
This was probably the other game he wanted to finish

holy shit i forgot that existed

yeah that definitely gives off big important game vibes
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Holy Diver

• Have been down too long in the midnight seas
  • Vampire Hunter
  • You probably don't know what I mean tho
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2019, 02:55:58 PM »
It is likely this game has been canceled. It was announced that producer Koji Igarashi wasn't going to develop a 3D Castlevania game. As a result, several pitches for a new 3D game were presented. Ultimately, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow was chosen to become the next Castlevania game on PS3 and Xbox 360.
According to Castlevanua wiki, nah.
Citation links to a Dave Cox interview, but the link is broken so take it as you will. Still sad that ma boi Arukado didn't get another game tho.
Gotta get away

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2019, 03:06:51 PM »
All I know is that several years ago, I recall reading an official article off a site where a motion-capture actor was being interviewed, and he said he was hired by Konami for his latest project which was doing work for a next-gen 3D Castlevania game in Japan, that they hired him to do several scenes. But then the project was canceled & he moved on to other things (and no, it wasn’t Lords of Shadow)

That right there tells me that their was some effort & resources put into it than a simple teaser trailer. If someone can find that article that’d be great, but this is going back at least a decade so good luck. I do distinctly remember reading it though, so so I’m not just pulling this out of my ass
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 03:11:28 PM by crisis »

Offline Holy Diver

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2019, 03:43:57 PM »
Okay, I believe you, I'm just shareing what I dug out. I only got into Castlevania a few years back and I can't find any of those interviews so I'm using that wiki as a last resort, so pardon my semi drunk yammering. But just in case the wiki's correct, what are the other possibilities? The only game thqt I know was hinted but wasn't released is the 1999 one. Are there any other gaps in the timeline that I dont recall? If no then you're provably right.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 03:46:51 PM by Tarkus »
Gotta get away

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2019, 04:58:01 PM »
In another old old interview, IGA was asked that after Lament of Innocence, Dracula got away & disappeared for centuries. The interviewer then asked, “what were the Belmonts doing for 300+ years?” IGA laughed & pretty much avoided the question. I’m sure he had some ideas but it’s all meaningless now

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2019, 01:41:08 AM »
According to Castlevanua wiki, nah.
Citation links to a Dave Cox interview, but the link is broken so take it as you will. Still sad that ma boi Arukado didn't get another game tho.

Did you try copy/pasting the URL in the internet archive? A lot of interviews with Cox are archived on there.

Offline Holy Diver

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2019, 06:32:30 AM »
I tried now, but I either did something wrong or the link isn't right in the first place. This is the link that Castlevania wiki sent me to:
(click to show/hide)
I'm not sure how gameradar formats their links, but I kinda doubt that a goddamned wall of page=3/? is the correct link. For now I'll just look through more Dave Cox interviews that are still on the interwebs and in case I find any mention of the game I'll post it here.
Gotta get away

Tags:

anything