Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Mandatory E3 False Hope Thread.  (Read 15395 times)

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2019, 02:11:06 PM »
Theres' still Netflixs' presentation left , could Konami or some other third party studio reveal a tie-in based on the adaptation? This is our last chance ! :D

edit:
i would hate it to be honest so I hope thats not gonna happen tho
A post at ResetEra regarding Contra Rogue Corps said it all. It was "I wish for a new Contra game" and there was a animated gif of the Monkey's Claw finger reacting. That's where it seems we are at. Unless something miraculous happens, like a stark change and Komani actually starts to give a damn about their franchises, the golden age of yesteryear's over. I hate saying that, but yeah, the Konami that gave us awesome CV games, awesome Contra games, MGS, Gradius, Goemon, among others is dead.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2019, 04:10:51 PM »
Yeah I was hoping. Honestly this E3 was just ok for me.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2019, 04:35:16 PM »
We got Bloodstained and the community now, I'm sure Konami would underdeliver compared to either group.

Offline mgfcortez

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2019, 05:39:41 PM »
people need to buy Castlevania Anniversary Collection 1st. and if the numbers are there maybe next year at e3. lets hope anyway

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2019, 09:49:57 PM »
people need to buy Castlevania Anniversary Collection 1st. and if the numbers are there maybe next year at e3. lets hope anyway
I'll certainly be here, and optimistic next year too.  With Bloodstained and Blasphemous under my belt, and hopefully some other new spiritual successor as well.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2019, 08:53:52 AM »
I'll certainly be here, and optimistic next year too.  With Bloodstained and Blasphemous under my belt, and hopefully some other new spiritual successor as well.

Yeah, I can’t help but be optimistic that something will come along eventually, what with Contra getting a new game and them releasing the TGM.  They know the want and love for CV is there, so they can’t ignore forever!

And while E3 was a bust for Castlevania, it wasn’t for games that have a Castlevania related feel/gameplay lean to them.  As well as finding that Blasphemous game you mentioned, there’s also Brave Earth Prologue and because of that, I found a completely under the radar game called Crypt Stalker on Twitter, though both are more classicvania leaning.  Either way, it’s nice to see spiritual successors starting to come out in hopefully full force.

For those interested:

Blasphemous-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1wHiHstc9E

Brave Earth Prologue-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vACqdaSnvp0

Crypt Stalker-
https://mobile.twitter.com/sinclairstrange/status/1137424539430805504

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2019, 07:36:47 PM »

Have you tried "Timespinner"?  It scratches my "Order of Ecclesia" itch.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2019, 09:43:42 PM »
Have you tried "Timespinner"?  It scratches my "Order of Ecclesia" itch.
Unfortunately chibi visuals are a huge turn off for me.  This limits my metroidvania options drastically.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2019, 02:23:52 AM »
+1
*breathes heavily on the Umbra of Sorrow thread*

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2019, 03:00:07 AM »
*breathes heavily on the Umbra of Sorrow thread*

They got enough pressure as is, no need to weigh on em further with breaths :p

I have more faith in them than Konami, if I can be perfectly honest. It just takes longer to see that faith manifest as it's a project that can only be tackled with free time, not one's primary focus.

I think Konami's banking the future of the IP on how well the Anniversary Collection and how well Grimoire of Souls does, and the latter of which is concerning as Castlevania as a series lacks the depth of characters that make those kinds of gacha games profitable in the first place...probably the reason they've let a mobile game stay dormant for over a year now, which is absolutely not the norm

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2019, 11:37:41 AM »
We got Bloodstained and the community now, I'm sure Konami would underdeliver compared to either group.
I disagree 100% even the worse CV will be better then any part of bloodstained. TBH i only really started careing after zangetsu becmae playable 1 cos david hayter. 2 cos hes the clsost thing we going to get to julius belmont for some time.

I mean i need CVs game play, I need to lash the vampire Killer , I need the belmonts.   If i could save  only one game from being delete.

a Full castlevania game  that only lasts for 5 mins  or bloodstained. Id pick CV eveytime, every time. Why have a faux when you can have the real thing.

Don't get me wrong theres nothing bad about basing your gameplay and other conepcts off of CV but i don't  see the point  of tossing up CV just to play an imitation. TBH looking at the gameplay it looks like a lack luster SoTN, but i'm sure it will play better. 
But as a  CV fan i just can't see why  anyone would pick BloodStained over even the smallist part of CV.
I mean maybe its just as an avid CV fan I don't know but pick Bloodstained over CV just seem wrong.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 11:45:27 AM by Guy Belmont »
Last son of family Belmont.

https://thebelmonthold.home.blog/

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2019, 12:09:04 PM »
I disagree 100% even the worse CV will be better then any part of bloodstained. TBH i only really started careing after zangetsu becmae playable 1 cos david hayter. 2 cos hes the clsost thing we going to get to julius belmont for some time.

I mean i need CVs game play, I need to lash the vampire Killer , I need the belmonts.   If i could save  only one game from being delete.

a Full castlevania game  that only lasts for 5 mins  or bloodstained. Id pick CV eveytime, every time. Why have a faux when you can have the real thing.

Don't get me wrong theres nothing bad about basing your gameplay and other conepcts off of CV but i don't  see the point  of tossing up CV just to play an imitation. TBH looking at the gameplay it looks like a lack luster SoTN, but i'm sure it will play better. 
But as a  CV fan i just can't see why  anyone would pick BloodStained over even the smallist part of CV.
I mean maybe its just as an avid CV fan I don't know but pick Bloodstained over CV just seem wrong.

I don’t necessarily pick Bloodstained over Castlevania, but I most definitely pick IGA over whoever is still making games at Konami. Bloodstained is Castlevania in everything but name IMO. If Castlevania means Lords of Shadow or Grimoire of Souls I’d take just about anything else over it though. Belmonts and vampire killers mean nothing to me if they appear in terrible games. I care about how a game plays, not what the main character is called.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2019, 12:44:56 PM »

In regards to the bolded, it's because Konami wanted to get away from Castlevania as it was, turn it into a God of War imitation, and then let it die in slot machine paradise. Igarashi left Konami because they weren't interested in making the games he was known for, hence why Bloodstained's a thing in the first place. He even said in an interview he could have used everything from that series besides the Belmont name but chose to distant it somewhat by keeping the idea of whip wielding vampire hunters and Dracula as an antagonist aside. He could have added 30 years to Bloodstained's storyline and bam, it exists in a period with no Belmont users. It's so on-the-nose Ritual of the Night takes place in 1793; Rondo of Blood takes place in 1792.

People are excited for it because this is the closest we've seen a game come to representing Castlevania pre-reboot in over a decade. You don't see why people are even slightly interested...?

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2019, 01:03:23 PM »
the People are excited for it because this is the closest we've seen a game come to representing Castlevania pre-reboot in over a decade. You don't see why people are even slightly interested...?
well no not really, if konami came out with a new CV even if like i said it was only 5 mins. It would still be better then anyhting that Bloodstanied could do. again. As a CV fan id take any piece of CV over a imitation as again I mean that in the best way, but at the end of the day that's all it is. and id take that any day. but that just must be me.
Last son of family Belmont.

https://thebelmonthold.home.blog/

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2019, 01:22:22 PM »
well no not really, if konami came out with a new CV even if like i said it was only 5 mins. It would still be better then anyhting that Bloodstanied could do.

Then you must think Konami makes really really good video games still? I wish I understood this logic better, but each to their own.

Tags: