Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Circle of the Moon 3DS should be the next 3DS Vania.  (Read 17606 times)

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
Re: Circle of the Moon 3DS should be the next 3DS Vania.
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2013, 08:25:09 PM »
How can I wholeheartedly disagree with any of the ideas?  A port or remake of so many of the titles would be awesome!!
- The CV 64 games?  YES!  LoD is my favorite installment.  Plus, my 64 doesn't work so I don't even have a way to play it anymore!  Maybe with a little 3DS action?  Maybe some extra levels or yet another playable character?  Heck yeah!

- Dracula's Curse?  Absolutely!  I may favor a port here (nostalgia) but branching paths and multiple characters is awesome!  Actually...a remake wouldn't be so bad either!

- CotM?  I really enjoyed all of the gameplay twists with the different characters.  Maybe add a sprite change for the different forms though...and everything Intersection said here.

- The Demon Castle Wars?  I'd love to play that out!

But in addition to challenge, I want something long...something with several parts (quest, sidequest, achievement, whatever...) to work at so the experience lasts.  I really enjoyed MoF, but it seemed like it ended so quickly...once I beat it there was nothing left to do!

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Re: Circle of the Moon 3DS should be the next 3DS Vania.
« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2013, 05:51:48 PM »
How can I wholeheartedly disagree with any of the ideas?  A port or remake of so many of the titles would be awesome!!
- The CV 64 games?  YES!  LoD is my favorite installment.  Plus, my 64 doesn't work so I don't even have a way to play it anymore!  Maybe with a little 3DS action?  Maybe some extra levels or yet another playable character?  Heck yeah!

I actually really hoped for this when the 3DS came out and it seemed that 64 remakes were rampant... Sadly, not to be :(
I did play it a few months back on the hardest setting with Cornell and Carrie (the time limit is tough to get the good ending with her)

- Dracula's Curse?  Absolutely!  I may favor a port here (nostalgia) but branching paths and multiple characters is awesome!  Actually...a remake wouldn't be so bad either!

Definitely remake material

- CotM?  I really enjoyed all of the gameplay twists with the different characters.  Maybe add a sprite change for the different forms though...and everything Intersection said here.

Just needs some new mechanics like backdash and  more balance with DSS cards you pick up (some are useless together)

- The Demon Castle Wars?  I'd love to play that out!
Story of everyone's life :P

But in addition to challenge, I want something long...something with several parts (quest, sidequest, achievement, whatever...) to work at so the experience lasts.  I really enjoyed MoF, but it seemed like it ended so quickly...once I beat it there was nothing left to do!

The issue with MOF is that every character was pretty much the same, and the 3d mechanics in a 2.5D game... I mean why give Simon an axe which goes straight and can't go through platforms (it just hits the ceiling!) :/

The combat wasn't bad, the game as a whole was just a bit lacklustre.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD