Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: AVGN 110: Ikari Warriors  (Read 8467 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« on: March 06, 2013, 12:53:01 PM »
+1
Ikari Warriors - Angry Video Game Nerd - Episode 110

Its out since 2 minutes ago (I love RSS xD), I will watch it now.
(click to show/hide)

http://cinemassacre.com/2013/03/06/avgn-ikari-warriors/
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 01:19:34 PM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 02:53:41 PM »
Haha nice. Very cute episode, thanks for sharing the heads-up.

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 06:31:20 PM »
Made my mother-lovin' night. Hilarious bloopers they left in there, with James hiding his mouth behind the controller to keep from laughing  ;D
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 08:35:38 PM »
Christ! I never knew Ikari Warriors was that tedious. I wonder if there's an invincibility code so you can skip all the needless dying... If there is it might help you finish the game that much quicker. I enjoyed Ikari Warriors III, however that was on the arcade and not the NES.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline BushidoViking

• Member of PDG
  • Hunter in Training
  • Member of youtube.com/PhoenixDownGamingPDG
    • Phoenix Down Gaming
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 05:11:34 AM »
Long live the AVGN!
Castlevania Fan, and member of
http://www.youtube.com/PhoenixDownGamingPDG

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 07:36:55 AM »
Haha, thanks, I've been waiting for Kyle return for a long time.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 12:28:13 PM »
You can tell the guy doesn't really care for the "angrily spitting out profanity" thing anymore. I've been noticing it over the last several videos where when he does go on a cuss tantrum, he does it in a sarcastic "Is this what the fans want?" sort of way, like he's just kind of tired of the shtick and wants to move on.

Well, here he full-on just doesn't give a damn about the "Nerd image" and I'm fine with that. I'd rather see him creatively go where he'd like than have to constantly be held down by something that he can't put his heart into anymore.

Where did their hair go?
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2013, 12:43:22 PM »
Ikari III was probably one of the coolest games for the NES, and one of the best action-film style game for the time.
Ikari 1 probably not so much.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2013, 04:01:31 PM »
I enjoyed Ikari Warriors III, however that was on the arcade and not the NES.

Think again son, I own a copy for the NES, it's an official release by SNK too.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2013, 04:17:56 PM »
You can tell the guy doesn't really care for the "angrily spitting out profanity" thing anymore. I've been noticing it over the last several videos where when he does go on a cuss tantrum, he does it in a sarcastic "Is this what the fans want?" sort of way, like he's just kind of tired of the shtick and wants to move on.

Well, here he full-on just doesn't give a damn about the "Nerd image" and I'm fine with that. I'd rather see him creatively go where he'd like than have to constantly be held down by something that he can't put his heart into anymore.

Where did their hair go?

Here is the cause: http://cinemassacre.com/2013/03/06/notes-about-avgn-episode-110/
I feel really bad for him, being under the pressure of doing something new even without ideas.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2013, 05:34:38 PM »
Think again son, I own a copy for the NES, it's an official release by SNK too.

I know it's on the NES however I've yet to play it on that system. I've only ever played the arcade version...I think. It's been a while. But I do know that I've enjoyed it thoroughly.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Cursed Joe

• Hunter in Training
    • CastlevaniaOwnz
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2013, 01:34:49 PM »
Best AVGN episode in a long time. That's not to say he has any bad episodes either. So glad he brought Kyle back.
If you ever get real bored check out my Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/CastlevaniaOwnz and add me, I promise to add you back

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2013, 03:16:06 PM »
I love the AVGN.
And he's one of us!
Castlevania is the only series he dedicated a Special that lasted several chapters, and also his 1st episode was about CV, and one of the only reviews he did for newer games was LoS.
So yeah, he is a declared life-long Castlevania fan!
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2013, 05:15:21 PM »
Nice episode.
I played this game and even thought, that I have completed it...I didn't know, that there was secret entrance to the level 4 and this video was the first time, when I saw it. I usually killed dead guy and let my character to be killed by missiles, thinking, that it was some sort of "creative" (read: shitty as the whole game) ending.
And this game sucks. 40 minutes for one single stage...Approx. 3 hours to get to the dead guy... :-X

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2013, 11:48:15 AM »
+1
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags:

anything