Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2417785 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)
« Reply #3735 on: September 19, 2013, 06:17:17 PM »
It was greatly acted but limited by the hardware.

Everything comes full circle

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)
« Reply #3736 on: September 19, 2013, 06:30:20 PM »
Exactly, the voice acting was great, but the visual aspect of the cutscenes sucked. Let's hope that when an HD version comes to consoles, the visual aspect of the cutscenes will much better.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #3737 on: September 19, 2013, 06:35:34 PM »
They should at least lipsynch it.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Melanicus

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
"Quiet, Yoda and Obi-wan! Be MODERATE with the Force, Luke!! Or: Be STRONG with the LIGHT SIDE, but in *using it*, Luke, use the appropriate strength!!"

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #3739 on: September 20, 2013, 05:54:29 AM »
So there's nothing new from TGS from this game then? All I picked up is that MoF HD lets you control with the dpad this time, other than that news has been dry regarding the game.

Well I guess that's it for media of this game till the VGA's or something.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #3740 on: September 20, 2013, 08:20:41 AM »
Disappointing, was hoping for a new trailer.

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
« Reply #3741 on: September 20, 2013, 08:57:45 AM »
Really? I really liked Trevor's ending. I felt like it was really well presented. I felt the emotion. I mean, i didn't cry or anything, but it was IMO, well acted, and for all the shortcomings of MoF's cutscenes, I thought that one in particular did well enough.
All right, so I was exaggerating. If anything, that ending was probably the only MoF cutscene that was made decently. The scene was well acted, and the emotion could have been there if it hadn't already been ruined by just about everything that came before it.
That was just the problem: in the way it was presented, it only stood to show how laughably incoherent the whole rest of the game was.

For all of you waiting for news, I don't think we'll see anything big before some time. For the moment, we'll have to be content with this:
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/09/20/tgs-will-the-jump-to-hd-make-castlevania-mirror-of-fate-better
The answer, of course is no.
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3742 on: September 20, 2013, 09:57:17 AM »
Disappointing, was hoping for a new trailer.
I think most of us were hoping for a new trailer
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3743 on: September 20, 2013, 10:40:03 AM »
I think its because Cox doesnt focus a lot in eastern events, but I can be wrong.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #3744 on: September 20, 2013, 11:09:32 AM »
Kojima made a trailer for LoS1 during TGS 2010 (or 2009?), but since he's not really on that project, it seems normal.

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
« Reply #3745 on: September 20, 2013, 12:52:17 PM »
When LOS1 TGS trailer came out, the game's release was a few weeks ahead, that's why that trailer was published, since LOS2 is still months away, IMO, there won't be trailers soon. Although I think that next week a gaming event will take place (not sure), maybe, just maybe, new info will surface.

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3747 on: September 20, 2013, 06:10:18 PM »
OMG, he will really do a new Contra :(
People will start calling it Coxtra.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3748 on: September 20, 2013, 07:25:41 PM »
Can't be any worse than The Contra Adventure :-\

As I say this I bet Cox is thinking "Oh yeah, just watch me."

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #3749 on: September 20, 2013, 07:40:34 PM »
I am terrified for Contra now.

Depending on how well this one goes I might just be done with Konami altogether, aside from MGS. :/

anything