Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Maze of Galious Remake  (Read 2262 times)

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« on: September 24, 2022, 07:06:33 AM »
Konami awarded the rights to make a remake of Maze of Galious to the devs of La Mulana. I looked at some gameplay of the original game on the MSX and it gives me MSX Vampire Killer vibes. I wonder how many devs from that game went on to make Maze of Galious.  Like Vampire Killer, this game was released in Europe, but never North America.

https://www.ign.com/articles/la-mulana-director-wins-konami-contest-to-revive-old-ip?amp=1

original game
https://youtu.be/iyNRl7hvAro
« Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 07:09:50 AM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Darkmoon

• ICVD Keeper
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I Have No Idea Where I'm Going
    • Castlevania: The Inverted Dungeon
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2022, 08:03:37 AM »
Maze of Gallious is pretty decent for the era. Has that proto-Metroidvania vibe Konami was chasing at the time. It's rough in places but still worth checking out.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2022, 10:36:16 AM »
If Indiana Jones had kids those two would be it (not counting Crystal Skull here). The game does look interesting and the music they used in the video is catchy. I hope this is better treated then the remake of Act Razer.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2022, 03:02:07 PM »
They probably couldn't have gotten a better employee than the La Mulana guy. Very very good choice, I'll be keeping an eye on this.

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Mysterii

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2022, 08:27:08 PM »
Considering Nigoro based the gameplay of La-Mulana on the Maze of Galious, and the fact that the Maze is in the "MSX" freeware version, this really checks out. I just hope they get the boss names correct and not go with the names given in the passwords.

Bony Dragon (aka the boss that also appears in La-Mulana's secret area in a set of pajamas made of skin), often mistaken as "YOMAR"
Sea Anemone, often mistaken as "ELOHIM"
Illusive Dragon, often mistaken as "HAHAKLA"
Jumbo Slime, often mistaken as "BARECHET"
Donra, often mistaken as "HEOTYMEO"
Arian, often mistaken as "LEPHA"
Big Lips (likely to be renamed as Hot Lips as an homage to Parodius), often mistaken as "NAWABRA"
Monster, often mistaken as "ASCHER"
King Dragon, often mistaken as "XYWOLEH"
and finally Galious himself, often mistaken as "Hamalech"

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2022, 08:20:18 AM »
+1
I will buy this the moment it comes out. I probably won’t get far—but I’ll still try anyway! XD

Tags: