Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Dumb stuff that makes you laugh  (Read 31530 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« on: January 19, 2013, 10:13:09 PM »
+2
All right, what are some things (stories/jokes/movies/whatevz) that either make you smirk, giggle, or totally crack up that don't really have any right or reason to?—stuff that's so dumb, most people would just roll their eyes and think you're retarded for chortling.

For me, this is actually a pretty common occurrence since I like (a) absurdity, (b) crudeness, and (c) humor for the sake of humor—that is, something that just hits your funnybone in a most intrinsically, instinctively pure way that laughter is a reaction rather than something you have to really think about. (Which is probably why I'm such a big fan of Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!) That's not to say I'm not discerning when it comes to humor, however, as there's a lot of crass or ridiculous things that are just...too dumb to the point of not being comical. There's a certain approach to doing things right that I just can't quite describe.

Anyway, the inspiration for making this thread is this video which I just saw tonight:

Pokémon Spread

It cracks me up. I've watched it several times already.

"No!"
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 11:32:00 PM »
Benny Hill. Wait, no, I don't even need Benny Hill (though I thoroughly enjoy it), just the theme song-Yakketty Sax. I hear that & the snickers, giggles & gufaws flow like water because I know something utterly HILARIOUS is just around the bend.
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 12:17:08 AM »
All those skateboarder videos doing dumb stuff and hitting themselves in unwanted places!

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 02:43:30 AM »
First thing that came to mind when I started reading this was Tim and Eric, so since that's already been mentioned...

Waking Up Gary
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 03:58:57 AM »
All right, what are some things (stories/jokes/movies/whatevz) that either make you smirk, giggle, or totally crack up that don't really have any right or reason to?—stuff that's so dumb, most people would just roll their eyes and think you're retarded for chortling.

For me, this is actually a pretty common occurrence since I like (a) absurdity, (b) crudeness, and (c) humor for the sake of humor—that is, something that just hits your funnybone in a most intrinsically, instinctively pure way that laughter is a reaction rather than something you have to really think about. (Which is probably why I'm such a big fan of Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!) That's not to say I'm not discerning when it comes to humor, however, as there's a lot of crass or ridiculous things that are just...too dumb to the point of not being comical. There's a certain approach to doing things right that I just can't quite describe.

High five. I doubt I'll ever find someone I can laugh in sync to the likes of T&E or Wonder Showzen. It's not that I think I'm special or anything, but explaining that stuff is simply not possible. You either get it or it's not your cup of tea. I mean, I was literally in tears for many, many times when I watched this, for example:

Paul Rudd's Computer

Billion Dollar movie was pretty terrible (though I did laugh my ass off at a couple of scenes - like the bar party montage). I really wish those guys would make another season of Awesome Show Great Job.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 04:03:32 AM »
+2

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2013, 04:19:33 AM »
High five. I doubt I'll ever find someone I can laugh in sync to the likes of T&E or Wonder Showzen. It's not that I think I'm special or anything, but explaining that stuff is simply not possible. You either get it or it's not your cup of tea.

It's pretty difficult to explain the comedy of T&E to someone, that's for sure.
That Paul Rudd video is one of their finest moments.

I like the movie personally, seeing's how it really had to be in a different format to fill out 90 minutes. Ya just gotta wonder why making a movie was ever an idea to pursue... It's good, but the show's a million times better.

And last I heard, they were planning another season. I might have just dreamed that information, though, because they definitely said five would be their last.

I'm kinda letdown by myself for not watching the Chrimbus special over the holidays.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2013, 04:30:49 AM »
+1
A week or two ago at work, I had a fair amount of downtime (waiting for stuff to mix, bake, freeze) so I watched a lot of Oney's cartoons. That Wingardium Leviosa one had me laughing to the point of tears on more than one occasion.

I'm absolutely delighted by some of his videos. (And puzzled why some dumb shit like "The Sicksons" exists, but I guess folks gotta start their craft somewhere.) The Dragonzball Pee episodes are pure magic.

Dragonzball P

Dragonzball PeePee

Considering buying a shirt. Seriously.

This live-action one's also pretty nifty, being Oney and Stamper who co-did the Pokemonz video above.

SUPER SLUMBER PARTY (18+)
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2013, 04:40:06 AM »
All those skateboarder videos doing dumb stuff and hitting themselves in unwanted places!
Speaking of skaters doing dumb stuff...
Helix Snake's top 50 favorite Skate 3 clips
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2013, 04:46:22 AM »
Boogie2988 Really Fat Guy Takes the Cinnamon Challenge

My stomach and chest muscles are tensed.

Gotta love his girlfriend calling him a dumbass at the end.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Phil Belmont

• Hunter in Training
  • In Castle Center
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
Offline P/\/\\/o

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2013, 11:22:26 AM »
Conan O'Brien repeating his schtick in the CONAN show makes me laugh! Always! Don't know if that qualifies, tho.  ???
'Oct.10, '03: I got Smacked down at Smackdown!' ;D

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2013, 11:31:55 AM »
Dumb stuff that makes me laugh? Without a doubt the un-released original endings from TM1. Although I give Jaffe credit for realizing how un-Godly stupid these were and (wise) burying them as deeply as he could.

Lost Endings - Thumper (Bruce Cochrane) - Twisted Metal

Twisted Metal - The Lost Endings: Sweet Tooth's Ending

Lost Endings - Yellow Jacket (Charlie Kane) - Twisted Metal
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline Lashen

• Vampire Hunter
  • ..."Nunchakus."
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2013, 11:35:37 AM »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 01:02:19 PM by Laina »
Groove is in the heart.

Tags:

anything