Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Operation Akumajo preparing for Konami Campaign 9/26/11  (Read 47273 times)

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Re: Operation Akumajo preparing for Konami Campaign 9/26/11
« Reply #105 on: September 20, 2011, 07:13:37 AM »
Online petitions like this never work. This movement is largley inspired by Operation Rainfall and Moonfall, correct? I think the difference between them and Operation Akumajou is that they demand something that already exist or at least has been considered by the developers. But even those operations don't have any success, so why even bother?

Online petitions are generally passive and lazy.  It's easy to sign up and say you believe in what they're doing, but it's quite another thing to actively campaign with emails, social media, and viral propaganda.  Operation Akumajo has been criticized since the beginning for being too aggressive --but that's the very thing that sets it apart from the laziness of online petitions.  And we also enjoy one major advantage that those other operations didn't --the 25th Anniversary of a legendary brand that is NOT being celebrated by the developer.  Even to casual fans, that sort of thing doesn't make Konami look good.

Probably the only fanbase that has more to complain about is the Megaman community.  What Capcom did to tease their fanbase by announcing Legends 3 (after 10 years) and then screwing them over by cancelling it --that's just about as sleazy as this industry can get.  Now THAT is a situation where the company really deserves to be punished with boycotts  --primarily to make an example of them for the rest of the game industry.  if the Legends 3 movement fails, there's little hope any fanbase will ever be able to make causes like ours worthwhile.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #106 on: September 20, 2011, 07:39:35 AM »
I must say I admire you, cecil-kain. No matter how many times people keep saying over n over "this operation will never work" you keep coming back positively with stuff like "well how would YOU make it work?" It shows that you have a lot of dedication & willfullness to see the series done right. Sure it may take a while for Konami to notice this endeavour but what do you have to lose by atleast trying? Don't cancel the project just cuz a few naysayers don't believe in it/refuse to participate. In the coming months with enough support from other sites/word of mouth/viral campaigns this operation might actually get recognized at one point..

Godspeed my friend!  :)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #107 on: September 20, 2011, 07:45:41 AM »
Thanks for making me feel guilty, Crisis.  >:(

Anyway, I was just trying to make clear you probably just end up wasting your time with this.  :(       

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #108 on: September 20, 2011, 08:05:11 AM »
I think perhaps we want CV to become an Anualized franchise and ´perhaps that's not the way Konami wants it, look at Gaming's Biggest IP, Grand Theft Auto, we haven't gotten a game for 3 years and fan base is not singing petitions and calling the franchise dead, it's just Rockstar's way to keep the quality and expectation. If Konami adopted the triple A 2-3 years model since Lords of Shadow, that's fine, if that guarantees quality.

Everything comes full circle

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #109 on: September 20, 2011, 08:53:31 AM »
LoS isn't even triple A quality.  More like D-.   Graphics, sound =/= overall quality and authenticity.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #110 on: September 20, 2011, 08:54:16 AM »
I've heard of Operation Rainfall but what is moonfall?

Offline Sonic_Reaper

• The Elusive
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Dorian Tokici
    • Awards
« Reply #111 on: September 20, 2011, 09:12:54 AM »
Moonfall is to get Megaman off the moon (Legends 3).

Regardless of whether these petitions/campaigns are successful, it will at least be considered somewhat of a success if the company's take notice and respond.  For example, Nintendo responded directly to fans who wanted Xenoblade released in the US and were petitioning and pre-ordering the Japanese and European versions.  The game was never released in the US, but at least Nintendo took notice.  It shows that the fan base really does have some influence, and it's a nice stepping stone for even more influence in the future.  Gaming media as well, covered that story.  It's something we can hope for as well.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: September 20, 2011, 09:20:45 AM »
Moonfall is Zelda fans wanting a Majora's Mask release for 3DS.

Offline Sonic_Reaper

• The Elusive
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Dorian Tokici
    • Awards
« Reply #113 on: September 20, 2011, 10:00:46 AM »
Oh is that what it is?  lol  I've been grossly misinformed.  Disregard my last post then.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #114 on: September 20, 2011, 10:29:06 AM »

I wonder how much influence we - the castlevania fanbase - had over the fact that Rondo of Blood was actually released in the west after YEEEEAAAARS of people emailing Konami asking for it? I'd like to think that Dracula X Chronicles happened because of us. I very much doubt that Konami would've bothered otherwise. It was 100% fan service, when you think about it.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #115 on: September 20, 2011, 01:08:44 PM »
Online petitions like this never work. This movement is largley inspired by Operation Rainfall and Moonfall, correct? I think the difference between them and Operation Akumajou is that they demand something that already exist or at least has been considered by the developers. But even those operations don't have any success, so why even bother?       

Because at least you have the satisfaction of saying you tried, instead of just complaining and doing nothing. I think most people involved fully realize that this likely won't work, but at least the effort is there.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #116 on: September 20, 2011, 01:26:47 PM »
Yes, but in this case effort doesn't get you anywhere. That's how I think about it at least. Guess I'm just a lazy bum!     

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: September 20, 2011, 01:44:14 PM »
Meh, you can't really blame someone for simply trying.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: September 20, 2011, 02:03:21 PM »
For fuck's sake, Nagumo, way to be a downer. Maybe instead of constantly saying its a lost cause and shouldn't even be bothered with you should, like....don't. It contributes nothing.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #119 on: September 20, 2011, 02:09:17 PM »
Fair enough. Carry on.

Tags:

anything