Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Operation Akumajo preparing for Konami Campaign 9/26/11  (Read 47269 times)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: Operation Akumajo preparing for Konami Campaign 9/26/11
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2011, 04:15:10 PM »
What if Lords of Shadow 2 bombs?

Lords of Shadow 3: Gabriel's Curse would redeem the Franchise lol

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2011, 04:19:05 PM »
What if Lords of Shadow 2 bombs?

I have a feeling that Konami probably doesn't even know the answer to that question. They'll probably cross that bridge when/if they come to it. I doubt Castlevania would "die," or anything like that, though. I know fans often have a bleak outlook, but I think there are still too many people who like the series for it to be a wise move to stop making the games.

Offline C Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2014-12-Quarterly 3D Contest 1st Place Award The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2011, 07:11:46 PM »
All I want is for Konami to atleast once attempt creating a 2D castlevania on par with the other modern 2D games being developed (i.e Bloodrayne:Betrayal, Rayman Origins and Dragons Crown)

If such a game were to be made and it flopped then I'd be willing to accept that Castlevania in 2D will never sell as well as Konami wants it to, but currently all they have done is recycle low res sprites (even on next gen consoles) & sit there wondering why modern gamers aren't biting when it's painfully obvious why.

Offline Odile Kuronuma

• I'm ze man errr.... woman
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2011, 08:20:44 PM »
It's funny how a small company like Vanillaware is able to make such quality 2D games. They don't have big budgets, and i read somewhere that they funded the development for  Muramasa off the royalties they received for Odin Sphere. 
If Konami wants to make 2D games in the future, they should outsource it to a small company. I understand why big game companies don't like to invest in 2D. It's too risky.Most gamers prefer 3D nowadays. And let's be honest, a 2D game will never have a big budget like a 3D one.
Imo it's better to outsource it to a small company who makes that kind of game, with a reasonable budget(not too big not too small). If it sells well, they'll get the profit from it. If it doesn't, it won't be a big loss since they didn't give a big budget to begin with. And if we're lucky maybe they'll choose Vanillaware or some other company  to make these games. There will be no more recycled sprites, and we'll finally get some real  HD 2D graphics.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 08:26:48 PM by Odile Kuronuma »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2011, 09:59:09 PM »
OKAY.

Cecil Kain, lets do this:

For now, simply have the campaign focus on 2 things. The Anniversary, and the 2D franchise. You can have those two focuses because the Anniversary one is all encompassing. And you need to make the argument sound sincere and from the heart, not like demands on a ransom list.

those are specifically the two more important things right? The preservation of 2D, and the proper recognition of the Anniversary, or at least for SOME kind of hint to be given towards what they are planning, considering they said they were planning something.

And secondly; I ill advise your strategy of "showing support" by buying HD. All that will tell Konami is that you and the fans liked HD, and really want to see more. It makes no sense to support the franchise by buying a game you dont like. If you dont like it, dont buy it. Thats the strongest message you can give Konami. That the new direction taken by HD was not well received by the consumers.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 10:01:23 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2011, 10:20:07 PM »
List of Games to Purchase to Support the Cause:

XBLA
Castlevania - Harmony of Despair
Castlevania - Symphony of the Night

PSN
Castlevania - Harmony of Despair
Castlevania - Symphony of the Night
Castlevania Chronicles

Wii Virtual Console \ WiiWare
Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth
Castlevania
Castlevania II - Simon's Quest
Castlevania III - Dracula's Curse
Castlevania Dracula X: Rondo of Blood
Super Castlevania IV

Not to Mention Nintendo Online Can Allow you to buy NEW Castlevania DS games Online
Other Various Online Retailers also sell games New.

Buying games New is Important, the money goes to the Devs and its basically talking to the directly.
HD may not be a crowd favorite, but its at least a 2D-vania.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2011, 10:40:26 PM »
Did you read anything I just wrote...
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2011, 11:15:47 PM »
Did you read anything I just wrote...

yeah, but It shows You have 10+ options other than HD, If you still wanna support via HD, you can, but options..

Offline C Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2014-12-Quarterly 3D Contest 1st Place Award The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2011, 01:27:48 AM »
Not including the duplicates (Sotn & HD) I have already purchased most of the games on that list already
So as far as I'm concerened Konami has recieved as much support as they are gonna get, they will need to do something pretty damn good to get any more than that! some info about the 25th anniversary would be a nice start
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 01:36:19 AM by C Belmont »

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2011, 08:22:42 AM »
It's funny how a small company like Vanillaware is able to make such quality 2D games. They don't have big budgets, and i read somewhere that they funded the development for  Muramasa off the royalties they received for Odin Sphere.

Kinda' funny, I guess. The truth of the matter is that making a quality game is more-so a matter of creativity than it is money. Case in point - Cave Story, which is one of the best Metroidvania styled games around, and it was probably made by just some guy in a bedroom. 

I agree with your idea about outsourcing. Konami should let people who want to make 2D games and have fresh ideas for them have a crack at Castlevania, and then Konami can use their marketing muscle and funding to support them. I actually wouldn't mind seeing IGA again, after what he did with Order of Ecclesia. Sans the recycled sprites, that is a top, top quality game. He, unfortunately was never given the chance to follow it up with a serious Castlevania game. I think he still has it in him to make great 2D games. The guy did make Symphony of the Night, Aria of Sorrow, and Order of Ecclesia, and I think those are games that are pretty hard to reasonably deny.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2011, 09:04:47 AM »
I agree with myself.

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2011, 09:51:21 AM »
Just chiming in for a moment till I find more time later today (or maybe Monday) to respond...

I think the purpose of supporting HD has kinda gotten lost here...  The primary concept is to show support during a critical moment when Konami is actually paying attention to the sales of a 2-D Castlevania game.  HD has been on XBLA for a year now --anyone downloading it for their 360 would be a drop in the bucket.  But anyone with a PS3 has a unique opportunity to send a message.

For those that wish to boycott, you have my respect --but consider this...  The business only counts the SALES --and NOT "the potential sales we pissed off over quality control"  Konami will NOT hear your voice unless you make a point of emailing to TELL THEM that you are actively protesting the game...  So I hope you intend to follow through...

As for prospects of HD2 --I really don't think it's going to happen...  For the kind of game it is, with an engine in place --it makes way too much sense to make more DLC until they've recycled the rest of the series...  And after that, what choice would they have but to make a new game with fresh material?

There's a lot more here I'd like to respond to, but it will need to be later...

OH --and about the Anniversary...  It's the spark that got the Operation started.  Now that the introduction video is out of the way, next will be an actual Tribute.  Watch for it that weekend --the 23rd or 24th perhaps...

• Vampire Hunter
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2011, 10:41:53 AM »
Well... good luck : p
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 10:43:29 AM by Successor The Red »

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2011, 11:19:14 AM »
I can only wish you good luck, man. I hope you'll get at least an answer.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2011, 12:29:35 PM »
I think the purpose of supporting HD has kinda gotten lost here... 
It has not gotten lost. However, When there are so many other options to choose from, buying HD only tells them 2 things, either or.
A. You liked it, and want to see more of it,
and
B. You will buy anything Castlevania related they shit out, regardless of quality.

By buying everything on the list EXCEPT HD, it sens out a message thay you like what they have been  doing with say, The Adventure Rebirth and the ports of SoTN, but that you dont like what they did with HD.

They look at the sales, and they will see the others sold better than the one.

Unfortunately with Castlevania, there is not as much merchandise to buy as with say, Mega Man, who has been all about merchandise recently, despite a lack of games.

So you have to do what you can. send messages, and not just to Konami US, because that have little power over these things. But Konami Japan. Like 100,000 Strong did. get ahold of someone who can write japanese and make a well put together message and have everyone email it directly to them. And then include a personal message. Im certain the DO have translators who can read those emails.

OH --and about the Anniversary...  It's the spark that got the Operation started.  Now that the introduction video is out of the way, next will be an actual Tribute.  Watch for it that weekend --the 23rd or 24th perhaps...
in that case, you can switch focus now to the preservation of 2D gameplay, and the completion of the classic timeline.

Tags:

anything