Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Moonlight Rhapsody (formerly Code C (Chinese Castlevania mobile))  (Read 30800 times)

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
"Maybe I'll play it if it comes out on Switch" is the reaction I'd expect.

Offline SecretWeapon

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
No, i don't think they cancelled GoS to reuse assets for this. GoS aesthetics were very classic castlevania but 3D, this games graphics look more like... cell shaded anime? idk how to say it. If the games play similarly enough, i could see them cancelling GoS like they cancelled Alucard3Dvania for LoS.

Anyways... can anyone translate the character info in the trailer?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 05:23:49 AM by SecretWeapon »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Is it possible that the reason Konami keeps making these cellphone half-a-games is because they are “testing the waters” so to speak? To see if there is still interest in the IP?

Obviously we know the answer, but Konami is so out of touch with the gaming public that this is the only way they know how to gauge interest. Who knows

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Is it possible that the reason Konami keeps making these cellphone half-a-games is because they are “testing the waters” so to speak? To see if there is still interest in the IP?

Obviously we know the answer, but Konami is so out of touch with the gaming public that this is the only way they know how to gauge interest. Who knows

The success of Contra: Return in China likely gave Konami enough reason to make Rogue Corps. The mobile game has stayed as a top-5 grossing game in China for over three years now, making it far and away the most successful Contra game in history.

I imagine they want to make Castlevania to do something similar. Any "testing the waters" is to try to and sell a console game to market a mobile game. That's where they are now.

Offline LuxKiller65

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • My YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
castlevania is super loved in china, not sure who's out of touch, old gaming market paradigm is old
i don't see how this looks worse than some of the past crappavanias konami did under iga or whatever other producer came after him
(no, i have no interest in this game, i have an old lg g3 that can barely run samsung browser and a paint app)

Offline Scarlet starlet

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
I don't like the art style GoS was better in this regard

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
maybe chinese style art takes a little getting used to?  or chinese mimicry of japanese art?  not sure if that’s what’s going on though.

Offline DraculaFan1981

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
What are the chances of Moonlight Rhapsody getting an english release?

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
It’s as if they have absolutely no idea what to do with the series ever since IGA left

Offline SecretWeapon

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
they clearly do. It's just not things that you/we like.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
they clearly do. It's just not things that you/we like.

I mean, if they had a clue, they'd realize Castlevania is a terrible IP to make a gacha game out of, and that's why it died in less than a year. :p

They're chasing trends here. In Japan, gacha games rule, so they tried Castlevania out for that, and it died quickly. In China, the model is slightly different, and in that space the sort of game this is can have longer legs. How well Contra did there is why they're cracking a go at it again with Castlevania.

Chasing trends has been the motto of Castlevania ever since IGA was demoted. In that sense, this really is no different from when the rebooted the series: they're just trying to chase other popular goldmines, retrofitting the IP into those directions, and hoping they can strike it at least once.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Personally, if Konami want's to chase after their goldmines they can do it... But without involving our beloved IPs.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards

What's with all the buckles?

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
From a purely artistic sense, buckles make things look more cool and complex. But too many buckles is just too much work (at least in real life)  :P
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags:

anything