Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Dracula X/Vampire Kiss Prototype  (Read 6696 times)

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2013, 06:20:43 PM »
LOL at whoever pays that. Dude has brass balls asking that kind of money.

Haha, I was thinking the same thing. The seller needs some perspective, because that kind of price tag is what a Nintendo World Championships cartridge would sell for. A Vampire's Kiss proto can't possibly have the same level of demand.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2013, 07:37:54 PM »
Haha, I was thinking the same thing. The seller needs some perspective, because that kind of price tag is what a Nintendo World Championships cartridge would sell for. A Vampire's Kiss proto can't possibly have the same level of demand.

I almost don't understand why anyone would pay that much for a game that's available for free as a ROM online (in the case of Nintendo World Championship, which I don't know a thing about) And anyone WITH that kind of money laying around isn't dumb enough to spend it on something like that, right? O_o

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2013, 01:34:59 AM »
It depends on how much money do you have.
If history repeats itself, I won't be able to aford a PS4 until its price reduces considerably, but some people are buying it on day 1.
And if I were a billionaire, I would buy every original game I could just for the sake of owning them, and I wouldn't care about spending 50.000 dollars on games, but not on the same game, not because of the price, but because what do I care about NWC? If it were a rare and unique Castlevania that never saw the light and there are only like 5 betas in the world, I would definitely pay it (if I were rich).
What I don't understand is if someone who isn't rich spends 50.000 on a game.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline LuxKiller65

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • My YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2013, 10:02:35 PM »
A "proto" of the same game (RH-042) sold for under 350$ last year or so. Still have pics somewhere around...

not sure if show-off or really believes his proto (which is most likely 100% same as the final PAL version) is worth that much.

Tags:

anything