Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Game Center CX  (Read 5743 times)

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« on: September 07, 2013, 03:48:42 PM »
Anyone ever watched this show? It's entertaining sometimes, even if you don't understand a lick of Japanese anymore.

Here's the episode where Arino plays CV3:
ゲームセンターCX #38
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 04:00:31 PM »
I watch Gamecenter cx a lot in fact I have posted videos before about this show.

He's also played kid Dracula, Rockman 1,2,3 clock tower, fire emblem, contra, and starforce as well I've seen a lot  ;D
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 04:05:41 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 04:04:23 PM »
I love the show. For a while my Saturday routine was wake up at 2 p.m., do the dishes, get meself a big damn burrito, and sit down for an episode of this.

I was going through the Retro Game Master DVDs and have been lamenting that there isn't more. I didn't realize there were fan-subbed episodes on YouTube.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 04:11:17 PM »
This show is kind of a guide for me with super/famicom games  just wish I could  met the kacho in California  but he was just way to far and I could not drive out there  :'(

One of my favorites is quest of ki and heck he even played battletoads.  wai wai world is also a fun episode
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline TheouAegis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 04:44:45 PM »
Oh my god...

@54:50 or so... I've played this game so many times and yet...

I DID NOT KNOW ABOUT THAT!!!!

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2013, 06:11:15 PM »
Oh man, his joke about the dulahans in Stage 7 always being there and wanting to be bosses was hilarious. That stage seriously is one of the hardest in the series. Following patterns and moving right to left as little as possible works best for the falling blocks. Interesting video all the way around. But I think the biggest mistake was not trusting more in Trevor. The helper characters are only for certain situations in my mind.

Wow, me neither. Though, usually by taking out the right head immediately and then hanging in the right corner you can avoid a pattern where you'll get dumped on, as well. That works 99% of the time for me.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 06:13:45 PM by RichterB »

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2013, 06:25:29 PM »
Escaping that drool crouching... that was completely new to me too.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2013, 07:13:31 PM »
Oh my god...

Neither me, I've never tried this since that doesnt make any sense :O
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2013, 07:34:20 PM »
Are you guys sure that works in the USA version?  He seems to be playing the JPN version.  There's a chance that was fixed in the USA version (which also has longer but slower laser beams on Dracula's Final Form).
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2013, 08:06:57 PM »
Are you guys sure that works in the USA version?  He seems to be playing the JPN version.  There's a chance that was fixed in the USA version (which also has longer but slower laser beams on Dracula's Final Form).

Someone should try it.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2013, 09:41:46 PM »
I've played both. Dracula's laser attack in the US version is slightly slower then in the Japanese version. Also the beam itself looks different and if I remember correctly, the US version has a much longer laser then the Japanese version.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline TheouAegis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2013, 10:52:47 PM »
I hacked the Japanese version.

In retrospect, it makes sense, but it's not an attribute of the drool you'd have picked up on just from the code. The drool changes into a splash at a specific height and the splash has no damage attribute. It just so happens the height at which the droop turns into a splash is just outside of Trevor's crouching hit box. Unless you were some kind of freak that could mentally map Trevor's hit box at any height on the screen, you'd have never guessed that.

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2013, 11:32:34 PM »
Wow, the drool/crouch thing is new to me too.  I've never watched this show before, but I've put a good deal of hours into the Nintendo DS game, Retro Game Collection, which is a spinoff featuring a digitized Arino.  I wish they'd bring the sequel over here.

This video really makes me want to play CV3 again, it's been a long time.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2013, 12:30:48 AM »
I love it. I think it's my favorite tv-show of all time. I really like how they always focus on the positive aspects of games instead of the negative, and how that attitude is prevalent throughout every part of it. It makes you excited to try out the games they're talking about.

One of my favorite parts is where Arino thought the princess from Prince of Persia was called Persia. For some reason that really cracked me up.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2013, 11:59:11 AM »
I hacked the Japanese version.

In retrospect, it makes sense, but it's not an attribute of the drool you'd have picked up on just from the code. The drool changes into a splash at a specific height and the splash has no damage attribute. It just so happens the height at which the droop turns into a splash is just outside of Trevor's crouching hit box. Unless you were some kind of freak that could mentally map Trevor's hit box at any height on the screen, you'd have never guessed that.

Are you fucking serious? I thought that this could be the case, but I can totally see the drop touching Trevor. So they didnt code the drop to do damage on contact, only the splashes?

Also, someone knows where I can watch all episoded with subtitles? I knew about this series years ago and even meant to watch it, but I've forgotten about it since then and never heard of it again until now (and this IGA interview that Nagumo shared another day in a thread).
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags:

anything