Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Ricordanza of the God's Abyss (DoS sequel)  (Read 17944 times)

Offline danceofgold

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Ricordanza of the God's Abyss (DoS sequel)
« on: February 22, 2011, 08:04:39 PM »
In response to Belmonto's request, here's a bit of an attempt to translate the novel Kabuchi no Tsuisoukyoku, which has been loosely translated to Ricordanza of the God's Abyss. Scans in this website: http://www.vgmuseum.com/mrp/multi/Memorabilia/collect-adkabuchi.htm

Please excuse the crappy English.

The cover says:

The evil entity has resurrected. That person can transform into a bat, wolf or mist, and likes to move around at night.
He sucks the blood of young girls to maintain eternal life. The lord of the evil demon castle, the god of evil, Count Dracula has revived again.

Page 1
Year 2037, on a certain day in January

(This guy is probably Curtis.)

Courtyard

I came to destroy demons.

The young, bespectacled vampire hunter affirmed his mission here.

This strange creature in front of him emanated a strong and frightening magical power.  Although it looks like a human at first glance, during the split second that he looked at it, all the cells in his body cried out in terror.

“What an inopportune moment. It’s a missionary from the church.”

As he listened to the strange creature speak, the young vampire hunter asked himself: “I am a vampire hunter, am I not?”

He gripped his weapon tightly and glared fiercely at the creature in front of him.

The creature smiled calmly as it met the youth’s gaze.

“You have managed to make it here alone … looks like you’ve got some skills, you might even surpass me.  

“… …”

“However … do – you – have – experience – in – killing - people?”

“ … … what!”

Ten or so people appeared at either side of the mocking man.

They were neither pitiful villagers captured by the vampires, nor human puppets – they were people who confronted the vampire hunter with their own will.  

“ I  … I …”

Those who appeared were indeed humans.  

As soon as he realized this fact, the vampire hunter’s mind stopped working.

“You distinguish clearly between good and evil, but not between believers and heretics…   Whether it is a human or demon, this is your criteria for differentiating between good and evil??”

Despite his pompous language, his gaze was neither distracted nor mocking. That creature held a certain respect for his enemy, while speaking harsh and callous words.

“And this is why you fail.”

In the next moment, the vampire hunter felt an enormous blow to his body.

That blow was not from the foul words, nor the bloody claws, not the demonic flames… These were bullets coming from the guns that the humans were holding.  The violence of the crowd was more real than the vampire’s fangs.

Intro

'The vampire Dracula, and the castle that represents his power. Although these events sounds like a B-grade horror movie, the happenings were indeed real, confirmed by the church and authorities. According to the medieval legend, Dracula and his castle will appear once every 100 years, and every time the vampire hunters will seal it away. This battle has continued for centuries. In 1999, the castle was sealed away in a solar eclipse and disappeared forever. But there is no such thing as ‘forever’. As long as mankind exists, Dracula’s castle will never be completely destroyed.'

Year 2035, Japan: 'When the solar eclipse occurred in Japan, Dracula’s Castle revived. One year later, in 2036, making use of a religious cult, the castle and demon lord resurrected again. Although the castle has been sealed away once more by the church, they know that it will reappear someday. Therefore, they set up an intelligence network, to monitor the situation. The shortlived peace was over. Upon receiving the report of the blurred satellite images, the authorities became worried and ordered Curtis to investigate the matter.'

Year 2037

Soma says goodbye to his childhood friend (I presume Mina). He's living as a regular college student in Japan. (Recap of what happened previously in the Sorrows games). Soma used to wield the power of dominance, but all he wants to do is to live and die as a human. However he knows  that the scars that his soul left on the world would not let him off so easily. He becomes aware that someone is trailing him, sensing an ominous, demonic presence. He remembers feeling like this when he was in Dracula’s Castle.

“I know that I am being rude…”

Before Soma could collect his thoughts, a hoarse voice sounded in front of him.

A huge silhouette appeared in the dark forest.

“Who is this…!”

When Soma managed to take a closer look, his entire body tensed.

There stood a large skeleton with a dark blue robe draped over it. It appeared neither ferocious nor crazed, but looked completely rational.

“Impossible… why would he appear here…”

Death. The powerful demonic being that twice blocked Soma’s way.

At that time, because Soma had the power of dominance and could control the souls under Dracula, he was able to defend himself. However, he did not have a single weapon with him now, and he doubted he could even escape alive.

“ Uh… …”

Soma frantically tried to find something to use as a weapon.  At this moment, Death moved. He threw his huge scythe onto the ground.

“ … … ?”

“… I come in peace…”

The ominous hoarse voice held respect for Soma.

This was the first time Soma had spoken to this demon. In fact, Soma had never had any experience talking to demons. Death stared at Soma and gave an understanding look. He continued speaking in the same tone:

‘Hmm.. looks like you know nothing about this incident.”

“ !? What are you talking about?”

Death didn’t answer Soma’s question, but asked him another.

“You still refuse to rule the castle as my master?”

“No, I don’t intend to be the Dark Lord.”

Undeterred by Soma’s reply, Death said drily:

“In that case… this matter has nothing to do with you. I won’t hurt the girl you care about. Continue to live as a human in peace.”

“Hey, you haven’t answered my question…”

“… … since you’re no longer my master, I have no obligation to answer you … …”

Having said that, Death’s words faded into the silent darkness, and scythe in front of Soma disappeared in a puff of smoke.  

“… what just happened …? ”

The evil aura surrounding him was completely gone, yet Soma broke out in a cold sweat.

“… don’t tell me… that castle…again…”

-----------

Next scene: a young 20-year old girl riding a horse, in vampire-hunting gear, whispering the name 'Curtis'... (this girl is probably Michelle Danasty).
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 04:03:01 PM by danceofgold »

Offline VampirehunterB

• Vampire Hunter
  • A Genuine Castlevania fan..
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Re: Ricordanza of the God's Abyss (DoS sequel)
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 08:42:12 PM »
thanks for the help!

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 10:13:13 PM »
sweet, love the fact there's actual "dialog" between Soma and Death in this.  thanks for posting even this much.

Offline danceofgold

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 11:00:51 PM »
Yeah the Death dialogue is actually quite cool.

Sorry I made some changes because I sort of screwed up the order just now.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 11:13:48 PM »
This is interesting. We actually have dialogue between Soma and Death. I wouldn't mind it if this was an actually game in development. But we need to have our Belmont heros back again as the main characters.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Belmonto

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 02:20:12 AM »
A dialog between Soma and Death! That's awesome! 8)

Offline Kaori

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 03:31:38 AM »
I had completely forgotten about the novel!

Thanks for translating this as well! I'm glad to actually see Soma and Death interact too. It was stupid there was no dialogue between the two during the games.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 03:57:57 AM »
Yeah, thanks a lot. This is very interesting and intriguing.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2011, 06:30:07 AM »
Keep up the great work!
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2011, 06:37:02 AM »
Keep at it, man! I'm so happy someone finally translate the sequel to DoS!

The Death/Soma dialogue, it was epic. Death has finally the role he deserves.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 11:06:51 AM »
I like how Death wasn't hostile towards Soma.  It's surprising!!!  Why couldn't he have been like this in DoS.  Anyway, I think see a mistake in the novel.  It indicates that the castle in 2036 (DoS) was Dracula's castle.  If I remember correctly, the castle in DoS was only a replica of Dracula's castle.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline danceofgold

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2011, 04:04:39 PM »
I don't think this novel's canon...

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2011, 04:42:04 PM »
It was "supervised by IGA," take that for what it's worth *shrug*

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2011, 06:10:22 PM »
This is actually pretty interesting. I really like the opening scene.

This one segment has more depth and meaning than DoS had as a game in a whole. Death and Soma conversing should have been #1 on the to-do list for AoS and DoS.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2011, 06:56:54 PM »
I like how Death wasn't hostile towards Soma.  It's surprising!!!  Why couldn't he have been like this in DoS.  Anyway, I think see a mistake in the novel.  It indicates that the castle in 2036 (DoS) was Dracula's castle.  If I remember correctly, the castle in DoS was only a replica of Dracula's castle.
yeah, that's what i thought.  i tried to find where the game actually states it was a replica, but couldn't find it.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 07:00:00 PM by Reinhart77 »

Tags: