Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1820755 times)

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3DS per request )
« Reply #780 on: May 22, 2012, 09:41:10 PM »
+3
I liked the game better when it was a watermelon-cutting simulator.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #781 on: May 22, 2012, 09:43:18 PM »
While I'm highly anticipating Revengeance, I totally sympathize with your complaint of "Why is my favorite game series suddenly changing audience/genre?" It's stupid and companies need to learn to make new IPs.

I kind of wish Revengeance were a Nanobreaker reboot actually.

I would probably be just as hyped for Revengence if you replaced every robot ninja with a half-demon and every grunt with a demon.

It's basically going to be the same game gameplay-wise, so I don't see why they did it like this

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #782 on: May 22, 2012, 09:44:21 PM »
+2

I kind of wish Revengeance were a Nanobreaker reboot actually.

I said this way back, but I would also want a reboot of getsu fuma he deserves one and the time is ripe for a samurai/ninja theme game with ninja gaiden 3 failing from what I hear and no onimusha for lords knows how long. A fuma remake  would be incredible.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #783 on: May 22, 2012, 09:52:10 PM »
What do you think about reviving getsu-Fuma as a prominent character in the Castlevania series and then giving him his spin-off?

Everything comes full circle

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #784 on: May 22, 2012, 09:58:28 PM »
What do you think about reviving getsu-Fuma as a prominent character in the Castlevania series and then giving him his spin-off?

I've wondered about this. I imagine it'd be done like Snatcher's relationship to the Metal Gear series, or Commando/Mercs to Bionic Commando; they're in the same continuity but separated by some unknown time gap. (In Getsu Fuuma's case, I think it takes place some time ridiculously far in the future.)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #785 on: May 22, 2012, 09:59:17 PM »
Guys... Kojima is tweeting about a "Friday event"

Could the rumor about new info on friday be TRUE?

Everything comes full circle

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #786 on: May 22, 2012, 10:01:22 PM »

Anything, but I cannot see It would be at a very certain place in time seeing that in the early 1600's japan went under sakoku maybe if a belmont either one ended up in japan like the one guy in shogun by james clavell (really need to read that book again) by accident, or if there was a storm brewing and belmont needed to be there and stuff or the other way around, or belmont was with the Portuguese to give muskets away. I see it as somewhat hard to do. But either way it needs to happen.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #787 on: May 22, 2012, 10:08:00 PM »

i hope its not a friday-breakfast lol thats what he's tweeting lately his food ...

btw it could be true cuz yesterday he tweeted that he will show us MGR before e3 and maybe he will show us something else about castlevania if he's still working with MS

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #788 on: May 22, 2012, 10:55:51 PM »
I said this way back, but I would also want a reboot of getsu fuma he deserves one and the time is ripe for a samurai/ninja theme game with ninja gaiden 3 failing from what I hear and no onimusha for lords knows how long. A fuma remake  would be incredible.

I would love to see it...I would love to play the original, actually (I may actually wait to buy an AV Famicom and play this then, since I also plan on getting Akumajo Densetsu somewhere down the road).

Regarding the rumors, I'm loving what I'm hearing, but the more and more that comes in, the more it sounds way too good to be true. I just hope this isn't the Complete Chronicles fiasco all over again. It's still hard for me to believe that Konami would go from not even a whisper one year, to rolling out the red carpet the very next. But hell, I can't even begin to understand what they're doing these days, so whatever.

DAMMITITSONLYBEENADAYANDIMSICKOFWAITING ARRRGGHH!!!  :-X
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #789 on: May 22, 2012, 11:19:00 PM »
+1

Yes, Kojima production performs an event on Friday.

ZONE OF THE ENDERS HD (HAIDARA) NIGHT: Quickest in the Space -ReBOOT Preview-.

This is ZOE event. I don't think that Castlevania information disclosure occurs here.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 11:21:33 PM by Koutei »
I'm on hiatus now.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #790 on: May 22, 2012, 11:30:08 PM »
Yes, Kojima production performs an event on Friday.

ZONE OF THE ENDERS HD (HAIDARA) NIGHT: Quickest in the Space -ReBOOT Preview-.

This is ZOE event. I don't think that Castlevania information disclosure occurs here.

Please tell me I'm not the only person getting sick of HD remakes.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #791 on: May 22, 2012, 11:41:16 PM »
Less than 10 new pages in one night?

We're lacking rumors, press, 4chan, Paul Gale, and stuff, we're lacking rumors!! ^^

Anyway, this teaser from this Nintendo magazine could be what we're looking for.

Offline djrunza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Founder of CV: Souls of Sorrow
    • Awards
« Reply #792 on: May 23, 2012, 12:18:08 AM »
+1
AWESOOOOOOMMME~!!! This party is getting crazy! I am seriously super excited right now. JYEAH! \:D/

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #793 on: May 23, 2012, 12:42:57 AM »
Please tell me I'm not the only person getting sick of HD remakes.

Yeah, me too. Especially incomplete ones.

I guess they could be good for someone who's never played the games, but...
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #794 on: May 23, 2012, 12:47:59 AM »
Anything, but I cannot see It would be at a very certain place in time seeing that in the early 1600's japan went under sakoku maybe if a belmont either one ended up in japan like the one guy in shogun by james clavell (really need to read that book again) by accident, or if there was a storm brewing and belmont needed to be there and stuff or the other way around, or belmont was with the Portuguese to give muskets away. I see it as somewhat hard to do. But either way it needs to happen.

I think a Belmont sneaking in with missionaries would be the most likely scenario there. A monster hunter among monks lol.

As for Mirror of Fate I'll just wait until the end of the console's lifecycle (as I almost always do) to pick up the 3DS if I get it. By then MoF and, if it's successful, a few sequels should be out.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 12:52:00 AM by Ratty »

Tags: .....? 

anything