Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Vamprotector fan Game  (Read 209587 times)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2011, 02:42:23 PM »
only question, That IS the Helsing Based off of the Hammer films, right?

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2011, 02:54:53 PM »
Richter was at least obviously born in Germany. Where at in Germany, I'm not sure. But it's obvious from a few sources: 1) The intro to Rondo is in German. 2) Richter's name is High German for "judge". 3) Maria's last name is German for "fox".
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2011, 04:30:17 PM »
only question, That IS the Helsing Based off of the Hammer films, right?
Yes, and no. I've taken liberties with the Van Helsing lineage somewhat. According to Van Helsing lore, Abraham had a son who died as a child. I thought it would be interesting, if the child did not die, but was hidden by the Church in order to become the next generation of vampire hunter due to Abraham's sour relationship with the Church. When you play Helsing's plot in the game, the version of Dracula that he faces is based on the Bram Stoker's version not the Castlevanian version that you face in Richter's timeline.
Richter was at least obviously born in Germany. Where at in Germany, I'm not sure. But it's obvious from a few sources: 1) The intro to Rondo is in German. 2) Richter's name is High German for "judge". 3) Maria's last name is German for "fox".
By the way, about the German comment, my wife is full blooded German so got that covered...lol I still need that birthplace...
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 05:12:55 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2011, 05:12:41 PM »
Yes, and no. I've taken liberties with the Van Helsing lineage somewhat. According to Van Helsing lore, Abraham had a son who died as a child. I thought it would be interesting, if the child did not die, but was hidden by the Church in order to become the next generation of vampire hunter due to Abraham's sour relationship with the Church. When you play Helsing's plot in the game, the version of Dracula that he faces is based on the Bram Stoker's version not the Castlevanian version that you face in Richter's timeline. By the way, about the German comment, my wife is full blooded German so got that covered...lol I still need that birthplace...

Cool, I was just hopng that Helsing wasn't based of the Hugh Jackman version...
and I love the whole split universe like thing going too!

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2011, 05:29:07 PM »
Cool, I was just hopng that Helsing wasn't based of the Hugh Jackman version...
and I love the whole split universe like thing going too!
I liked that movie, ha! It was even cooler that it was based of the world of Castlevania. It's probably the closest that we are going to get to a Castlevania movie. Anyways back to the subject at hand, glad thta you like the split universe deal. Right off the back you can choose between the two characters for 2 completely different experience yet or you can play 2 player simulataneous mode. I am still trying to tie in the plot storywise to fit in the Castlevania and Contra universes. The plot is loosely based on The Tomb of Dracula 1-6.

Offline TheouAegis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2011, 11:23:38 PM »
All this talk of Van Helsing made me download it. I watched it. The ending sucked, I thought. So many problems with time continuity if you know the sources. But still, it was a very fun film and the Castlevania references were fun to spot too. I usually can't stand cheesy/corny Hollywood puns in movies, but I thought Van Helsing's jokes were very funny. I await the day when CG becomes 100x more flawless than that, though.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2011, 08:02:35 AM »
All this talk of Van Helsing made me download it. I watched it. The ending sucked, I thought. So many problems with time continuity if you know the sources. But still, it was a very fun film and the Castlevania references were fun to spot too. I usually can't stand cheesy/corny Hollywood puns in movies, but I thought Van Helsing's jokes were very funny. I await the day when CG becomes 100x more flawless than that, though.
Ha no doubt. I thought it was a fun movie, but we probably will never get a great Castlevania movie unfortunately. I don't think it's mainstream enough, but one can hope...

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2011, 01:47:49 PM »
To chime in a bit on what Darkman said about mixing the story's (and without giving away too much) Richter's story will wrap around his disappearance 4 years after Rondo and his reappearance as "lord of the castle" and events that lead up to him ending up that way.  Im sure you guys will dig it  8)
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Vamprotector Title Screen Version 1.1 Preview
« Reply #68 on: October 11, 2011, 07:50:12 PM »
Vamprotector_Title_Screen_Version_1-1.mp4
This is the start of the Title Screen. The extra special effects, sound effects, and such haven't been implemented yet, but you can see where it's going. I made the logo and intro effects in photoshop frame by frame....lol
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 09:46:46 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: October 11, 2011, 11:49:21 PM »
like the smoke effects! simplistic yet fits with the title screen well.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2011, 10:18:38 AM »
like the smoke effects! simplistic yet fits with the title screen well.
Cheers for the hack award! Also thank you X as usual, I always value your opinion!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2011, 11:19:28 AM »
I also forgot to compliment your work on the desert stage. Though not complete as you stated, it was very well done. This game will be a blast to play!
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2011, 12:12:21 PM »
By the way, are Warmachine and I the only one's using Multimedia Fusion 2 on the forum? I an just wondering because everyone here talks about GameMaker and I don't really understand why people don't switch over. I know it's my personal preference. I was just wondering if anyone else is using MMF2 to make a game in the forums...
Title_Screen_1-2.mp4
Sound effects implemented.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 12:48:59 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Offline TheouAegis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2011, 03:53:47 PM »
Cuz they're waiting to steal my amateur code.  8)

I haven't even looked into Multimedia Fusion, so... maybe it's the same excuse : we're too lazy to do our research.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2011, 04:47:27 PM »
I PREFER GM because of it's implementation of GML for scripting. I studied C++ in college and GML is very similar so it's just easier for me is all. The fact I'm waiting around to steal Theou's code is merely coincidental, I assure you.  ;)
"Stuff and things."