Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Vamprotector fan Game  (Read 214696 times)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #240 on: May 08, 2013, 10:42:44 PM »
Atlantis 1-3 Base Completed:

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #241 on: May 12, 2013, 06:04:21 PM »
Really nice, I love that the entrance for the secret area is hidden behind a moai :p
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #242 on: May 16, 2013, 03:32:58 PM »
Really nice, I love that the entrance for the secret area is hidden behind a moai :p
Thanks man! I am slowly but surely knocking stuff out now!

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #243 on: July 27, 2013, 11:35:13 PM »
+1
Vamprotector Atlantis Stage REWORK (Alpha - Work In Progress)

People have been asking me about the project. I Haven't left it, I just been underground. I even did some custom spriting for Warmachine for his Castlevania Chronicles: Dracula's Curse project as well on the side.

Progress is going well for Vamprotector. Some things are still a little buggy, but they are working. Yes, I know that there are obvious bugs that are in the video and some tileable textures need to be adjust or changed, but this is in Alpha phase. Still a long ways to go.

Please enjoy the new video. I will try to have upload new videos when I get free time. If you have been following the project you can see in the past few months I have been mapping out various new stages and developing new special attacks for the characters. Now you can see that I am still doing the coding thing as well.

The project is far from dead so no worries! ;)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 12:06:10 AM by darkmanx_429 »

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #244 on: July 28, 2013, 09:34:54 AM »
Its ever good to see a update, for a alpha this stage is pretty complete :P
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #245 on: July 28, 2013, 10:49:48 PM »
Its ever good to see a update, for a alpha this stage is pretty complete :P
Vamprotector Atlantis 1-3 UPDATED

Thanks Lelygax! It would seem that way but check out an updated video and you can see what I mean. There's still a bit of work I need to do.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #246 on: July 29, 2013, 04:46:21 AM »
Wow!  Great work man, your skills are really getting good!  As soon as i get CV3 wrapped up we are finishing what we started! 8)
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #247 on: August 06, 2013, 12:02:13 PM »
Vamprotector Atlantis 1-2 Alpha

Ignore the obvious bugs. Gravity is not set. It's bigger than the concept map I did earlier in the thread. I am still working on the bodies of water for this stage, so ignore any pieces that look like they are not finished as they will be covered by water. I also need to work on the floating platforms. Only one more section to go for Atlantis to be completely done! The last portion is the Jet Ski level inspired by Contra 4. That should be a interesting one!

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #248 on: August 06, 2013, 12:32:01 PM »
0:33 - Its Sigma's face?

I liked the fact yhat you've put even some water drops in this map, but the sounds that they do are a little "goofy" doesnt you think? Since I dont have a better suggestion, I dont think that this help in anything lol

I dont know what you plan to add in this stage, but it have a good atmosphere for sure.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #249 on: August 06, 2013, 01:02:41 PM »
0:33 - Its Sigma's face?

I liked the fact yhat you've put even some water drops in this map, but the sounds that they do are a little "goofy" doesnt you think? Since I dont have a better suggestion, I dont think that this help in anything lol

I dont know what you plan to add in this stage, but it have a good atmosphere for sure.
I could lower the volume down on them so that there more subtle or if anyone has a suggestion for a better sounding one.

0:33 I actually have a lot of little references in the game for stuff like that. I like putting some of my influences of games over the years in it. Don't know if anyone noticed the Actrasier statue in there as well..

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #250 on: August 06, 2013, 01:09:42 PM »
Its really nice, I didnt noticed a Actraiser's statue because I've never played it xD

Those statues remembered me of Guile in KOF94

(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #251 on: August 06, 2013, 02:47:03 PM »
Its really nice, I didnt noticed a Actraiser's statue because I've never played it xD

Those statues remembered me of Guile in KOF94

Old Rugal, dipping opponents and making them into statues. I remember that from back in my Mugen days.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #252 on: August 09, 2013, 05:41:50 PM »
+1
Vamprotector Alantis 1-1 Alpha

All sections of Atlantis are about done! For this block I was heavily influenced by the Ocean stage of Contra 4. The only major changed I made was the ability to jump with the jet ski and not flip off of it, however I may change that function to a double jump. I have also figured out how to make the transparency change automatically when enemies go above and below the water. That will be shown in a future vid!

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #253 on: August 09, 2013, 06:00:13 PM »
Very nice, the only problem is that something seems off about the speed, maybe these clouds are too fast or you are too slow, but I assume that you did this on purpose to show us more details about the stage. Its getting very cool and that water on surface have a neat effect.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #254 on: August 09, 2013, 06:15:01 PM »
Very nice, the only problem is that something seems off about the speed, maybe these clouds are too fast or you are too slow, but I assume that you did this on purpose to show us more details about the stage. Its getting very cool and that water on surface have a neat effect.
Exactly, if I matched the jet ski to the stage everything would be a blur!lol I could probably speed up the jet ski a bit. I am still working on it.

anything