Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Judgement (Official Thread)  (Read 484350 times)

TRON

Re: Castlevania Judgement for Wii is a FIGHTER!?!?
« Reply #105 on: June 27, 2008, 07:41:31 PM »
Gentlemen, all bashing aside, I'd like to share with you why I play Castlevania:

1) I like games based on exploration concepts.
2) I like the environment around the game.
3) I like the music the series brings.
4) The storyline is interesting.

Now, let us apply this to the latest Castlevania titles.

PoR: Exploration was ok, some areas were ugly as hell though. I liked the portrait system a lot. The music was decent. The story laid a good foundation, but was developed incorrectly.

DoS: Exploration was excellent, areas were pretty good looking. Music was great, the story was a rehash of AoS, but it still played great.

AoS: Pinnacle of the GBA Castlevania games.

Notice that I haven't played the console titles, but one thing I've found in common with all of them: The music was great for the most part.

Now that you know why I play Castlevania, I'd like to invite you to head towards:
Link removed by moderation. Don't use us as an advertising tool.

Download the game, it's Free Software, and cross platform and play it. NetHack is by far one of my favourite games and I've played it for years now, and still I haven't beaten it. If you decide to play it, here's one tip: Don't fight all enemies, that's a good way to die.

Also, I'd like to invite you to play some Zork online as well, creating an account on the site is not needed.
Link removed by moderation. See text above.

Zork is another of my favourite games and I've spent countless hours in Zork sessions.

Now, let us borrow concepts from these games. Create the Dungeons of Doom from NetHack in 3D, going from level to level. Let us borrow the freedom from Zork as well, mix it all together, throw in Dracula in the mix, and a neat Castlevania game would be born. Try out these games, I guarantee you will be addicted to them, like I am.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 11:50:23 PM by Clara E. Leet »

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #106 on: June 27, 2008, 07:42:58 PM »
i find it amusing that people bash games before their released, back in the nes era the net was smaller and non-existant tones of games came out without risk and yes some sucked some donkey but not all were terrible ina
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Soma Cruz

« Reply #107 on: June 27, 2008, 08:25:51 PM »
In Reply To #103

Thanks, that is much easier on the eyes.

Offline Eric Roman

• Arima Red
  • Vampire Hunter
  • THE RISE that Eric Roman has sent
    • EricTJRoman.com
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #108 on: June 27, 2008, 08:47:30 PM »
I have a feeling CastleVania Judgement will find its way here.

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #109 on: June 27, 2008, 10:03:43 PM »
Ok, I've come to a couple conclusions about how I'm going to treat this game as.

1.  THIS IS PURE FANSERVICE!!  Ok, let's look past the fact that the art-style is not from a familiar person, nor does Obata's renditions of CV characters look at all like their original concepts.  Where have the cries been coming from for this game to be made?  Right here: just how many times have we've seen "who's the strongest Belmont" or "who would win in a fight" as subjects for topics.  Hell, how many people here have actually asked for this game to happen in this board before a certain game came out in March; you wanted Simon Belmont in Smash Bros?  How about a fighting game of his own?

2. If you think the game sucks, no one is forcing you to buy it.  If you don't want CV games to go in this direction, then DON'T BUY IT!  Sales numbers speak louder than words these days; if it doesn't sell, will an effort to make a CV game like this ever occur again?  I doubt it...

3. This cannot be Canon, unless IGA really is as insane as we all think  :P

4. We should wait for reviews, maybe are own experiences with the title, before we make a final verdict on CV:J's quality.
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: June 27, 2008, 10:06:52 PM »
I agree but it canot be canon i think its its a spin off series, eg how smash brothers is to any of the character from the respected game, in this games cast different times cept drac and death since time has little meaning to them. so that would rule out canon unless you want a time paradox in the game series. however i'm likely going to get the game since of the name and i can always trade it back to the store for store credit

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #111 on: June 27, 2008, 11:10:44 PM »
Man you guys are some fuckers! All you bitch about is how CV needs to change the old metroidvania style is old and lame and itll never be as good as SoTN and then we find out were gettin a game takin CV in a completely new direction, not just look but also genre, and all you do is bitch some more.

Its no fuckin wonder the series is on the low end of the totem pole now, all the fans do is bitch endlessly.

uh did you see those pics man? I'm not gonna sell out my standards for a game that takes everything that makes castlevania castlevania and throws it all out the window in a vain attempt to attract more fans, the character art so far looks like shit, and to top it all off they didn't even get real characeter designers and artists but anime castlevania wannabe's. If this were a real castlevania game that kept the look and feel of castlevania and was meant to  be a side title that's fun for shits and giggles then I would def. pick it up. The jumping genre's didn't get me so much as the pics of what we're getting as far as I'm concerened it's soul caliber 5 with castlevania stamped on it and shitty art to boot. The fans want another real castlevania game like the old ones or SOTN that plays out like an epic masterfuly done dark adventure/quest and immerses the player in a world of demons, wizards, universal monsters and the grim reaper. That's what makes castlevania, castlevania. This could be accomplished with a fighting game but it's def. not what we're getting with Sludgment.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: June 27, 2008, 11:45:00 PM »
...This could be accomplished with a fighting game but it's def. not what we're getting with Sludgment.

And so "Sludgement" it shall be called.  ;D

"Observe their fates and learn well."

mgfcortez

« Reply #113 on: June 27, 2008, 11:58:16 PM »
like i said before i like all the castlevania games.
some have weak points but i still love them like they were my kids.
this game is my wife going off and fucking someone else and having his kid!
this i can't handle and i won't love this worthless shit.

i could handle the whole fact it was a fighter sure i don't like fighters much but thats not the big deal.
this looks like a damn shitty made fan game where someone edited the models to try to look like castlevania but didn't really do a good job.lol

and its truly is something to see ppl here will take any thing IGA gives to them.
he can go in the back room take a shit in a bag and write castlevania on it, and the same ppl who are saying we are some fuckers and other shit because we don't like it will go buy it
well heres your steaming bag of shit for the wii enjoy.

the reused sprites and backgrounds i can live with it only bugs me a little.
ppl say wait till it comes out why? its shit its very clear.
unless they fire the art guy and redo the art it'll look like a cheap knock off of another game.
plus it'll only have about 10 guys you can pick and you can beat it in less than 10 minutes
sorry i have my right to not like something and i don't like this.
if you like it good for you go out there and spend your money on this and enjoy.
but don't think other castlevania fans have to like it and get pissed off because they don't.lol
i don't get pissed if you like it i just get pissed off because it was made ;D
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 12:01:07 AM by mgfcortez »

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #114 on: June 28, 2008, 12:02:13 AM »
i find it amusing that people bash games before their released, back in the nes era the net was smaller and non-existant tones of games came out without risk and yes some sucked some donkey but not all were terrible ina  way the net ruined videogaming i think, since masses of people now tend to judge a game by another persons persepective and not their own

oh I wholeheartedly agree with this  but there were alot of shitty atari and nes games put out back in the day and at least with the net the consumer can read what the games about even if the review is negative before throwing down 60 bones.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #115 on: June 28, 2008, 12:53:07 AM »
O_O

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline jimmay17

• "Naysayer"
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #116 on: June 28, 2008, 07:29:46 AM »
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 08:45:46 AM by jimmay17 »
If I forgot "everything I knew about Castlevania" I certainly wouldn't be excited about a new one coming out now would I?

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: June 28, 2008, 09:45:48 AM »
i actually still own ET for 2600...since i still got my atari in working condition

Offline Alexc2808

• JerkofWonder
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: June 28, 2008, 10:17:42 AM »
You guys are just plain ridiculous.

This is NOT going to take over the series and turn it into a fighting game series.

This is NOT going to be canon in the storyline.

This is just something they made for fun and fan service.  Did people bitch about ssb?  No.  This is like our own little ssb for our favorite series.  And if it plays anything like soul caliber (the only fighting game to recive a perfect score in multiple places) which it looks like, it will be AWESOME.

People have been bringing this up as fun fan service for years, hell someone here was making there own fan made cv fighter.  Calm down and relax.  We are getting a normal cv game in OoE.  They did something fun just for us, and you jerks have to bash it for being different.

It will be fun, hell we could probably all fight each other online with our fav. characters.  For me this is a dream come true.  SO calm down and stop bashing it to hell based on a handful of grainy screen shots.
I am Jerkofwonder.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #119 on: June 28, 2008, 11:02:50 AM »
In Reply To #119

I agree. 95% of the members of the Castlevania community unfortunately have no sense of humour. They take everything so bloody seriously. It's kinda embarrasing.

Tags:

anything