Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Villains for BATMAN 3 confirmed  (Read 29425 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 05:51:38 PM »
They never really had a single long-term actress to play catwoman so I don't really care about that. I do hope, however that this version of catwoman will not be the mentaly desturbed version that Tim Berton introduced in his second Batman film...  :P Catwoman is not a crazy person. She's a jewel thief; pure and simple. And like any good feline, she can't help but take things that interest her. If I'm not mistaken that other pic is of Bane. That would be interesting to see on the big screen.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 07:47:26 PM »
Awesome choice for villains, but Anne Hathaway? Really?
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Oralox

• BANNED
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 11:04:52 PM »
Tom Hardy for Bane

Anne Hathaway for catwoman

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 11:05:08 PM »
Hathaway is a boring wench. When I think of Selina Kyle - the sleek sensual and cunning thief that walks the line between criminal and vigilante - she is probably the last candidate I'd consider from the ones they announced a couple of months ago. Besides, if there was really a need for a female lead, Talia al Ghul would've been a better choice. Bane is a significant adversary of Batman but I would've preferred a villain never used in LA Batman. Hugo Stange, Hush etc. Hush would've wrapped up the trilogy nicely.

Nolan really shat on his "gonna use villains not used before" principle quickly, BTW.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 01:50:45 AM »
Wasn't Catwoman played by Halle Berry?
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 06:41:23 AM »
Please ignore that movie.

For me, Catwoman will always be 60's Julie Newmar.

Ahhh, Julie Newmar

You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 10:29:40 AM »
Guys, remember when it was first announced that Heath Ledger would be playing The Joker? The internet was raging BROKEBACK JOKER & how Batman would be ruined by that casting choice. We all know how that turned out :)

Thus, I have full faith in Nolan's decisions. It's going to be VERY interesting...

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 12:36:14 PM »
Guys, remember when it was first announced that Heath Ledger would be playing The Joker? The internet was raging BROKEBACK JOKER & how Batman would be ruined by that casting choice. We all know how that turned out :)

Yeah..he landed on a role that is pretty much any actor's wet dream, did ok, died and became an instant martyr legend who got a posthumous Oscar. And now his ghost hovers over the role, freezing it for years to come (making perfecting the role practically impossible for guys like Crispin Glover).

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2011, 03:38:04 PM »
Yeah..he landed on a role that is pretty much any actor's wet dream, did ok, died and became an instant martyr legend who got a posthumous Oscar. And now his ghost hovers over the role, freezing it for years to come (making perfecting the role practically impossible for guys like Crispin Glover).

I very much disagree. As I was one who seriously did not give a damn about him. Didn't even know that he was in brokeback til now... though I did hear some gay jokes which now makes sense...

I thought he was pretty damn good at Joker... though I don't know how another might've done, since it could have just been good lines for the character. But it really was good, without the whole martyr thing.

Offline Wallachia

• hath risen
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2011, 04:39:42 PM »
Im so stoked to hear about Anne H as Catwoman! I alwasy loved her look, and think she has this dark sexy look that hasnt been utilized yet. Well now it will :)

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better" - Albert Einstein

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2011, 08:30:23 PM »
I'm all for Anne Hathaway, because she's forkin' HORT.

Seriously, Nolan's done good with the first two flicks, and Ledger as Joker was a serious "WTF" casting choice that turned out great. I put some level of trust in Nolan and co. that they know what the hell they're doing.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Wallachia

• hath risen
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2011, 12:42:12 AM »

Bring her on..

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better" - Albert Einstein

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2011, 04:28:15 AM »
I'm really, really, REALLYREALLY happy they're putting Bane in this movie. The Knightfall story arc was awesome, and Bane was a great character. The writers kind of ran out of good ideas for him after that (like taking away his venom...wtf??), but he was the man in Knightfall.

I'm glad his character is in capable hands this time, compared to being portrayed as Poison Ivy's caveman thug from Batman and Robin. That was just shameful. Well...that, and the rest of that movie, I guess.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2011, 04:42:30 AM »
I read this thread with lackluster interest, but all of a sudden I see a picture of Hathaway, and for once she intrigued me. Thread is now gold.

Tags: