Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Villains for BATMAN 3 confirmed  (Read 29390 times)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2011, 07:38:13 AM »
Oh it certainly matters.
The joker is NOTHING without a voice.
And its not like Heath can do Joker anymore either.
I was just sayin'
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2011, 08:46:21 AM »
Yea... and a live action joker is nothing without an actor. Unless you want Mark Hamil to dub over an actor or something >.>

No, he can't... but who cares? I mean really...? I doubt they'll bring back Joker... I doubt that'll be an attention grabber. Next Batman movie! THE JOKER! oh wait, we already did him!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2011, 11:37:53 AM »
I think the Joker character should've died in the Dark Knight. Heath Ledger is dead now and there's really no way for someone else to fill the Joker role should they decide to bring him back in a later film. But Mark Hamill does a really good Joker voice and it's amusing to watch the WB Batman series just for that character.  :)

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2011, 12:58:32 PM »
yeah mark hamills done the voice for the joker for years now and hes damn good

Offline Wallachia

• hath risen
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2011, 03:50:10 PM »
i had no idea.. anyone have a link to some of his voice clips for the Joker?

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better" - Albert Einstein

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2011, 04:15:36 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gBWpWwIBKw

Mark Hamill does the best Joker voice hands down but honestly, I wouldn't like to see him act it out on the big screen (& Mark probably wouldn't even wanna do it anyway); it works best for the cartoons/games & should stay that way. Joker/Jack Napier from 1989 Batman was awesome, a classic performance, but when compared to TDK's Joker... I see more of Jack Nicholson acting like The Joker than actually being Joker, whereas TDK's Joker Heath does a really good job of portraying the insane killer without a real identity. He literally threw himself into the role, became The Joker so-to-speak. I dunno if that makes any sense, kinda hard to describe but that's how I feel lol. Maybe it's the age difference?

Isn't it a good thing that most people can't picture Ms. Hathaway as Catwoman? Nobody knows what to expect, and that's what makes these movies great imo.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 04:27:56 PM by Crisis »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2011, 07:15:11 PM »
Mark Hamill's Joker is fantastic and fits the Bruce Timm/Paul Dini universe perfectly, but I have reservations about calling him the definitive Joker. The Joker in the comic books is often a far more sinister bastard than how he is in the cartoons. I thought the guy who voiced the character in Batman: Under the Red Hood did a good job.

lol, Hamill doing the Joker live-action would be so retarded and cartoony. He totally overdramatizes to get that vocal performance out. All the other voice actors for the cartoon would deliver their lines sitting down, but Hamill would always stand and be really animated and goofy.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 07:17:35 PM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2011, 10:51:09 PM »
I thought the guy who voiced the character in Batman: Under the Red Hood did a good job.

He did do a good job and it's also amusing that his voicing the joker makes it almost sound like Mark Hamill. I was confused about this until I watched the credits role.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2011, 12:21:00 AM »
DiMaggio doesn't sound like Hamill IMO. He sounds more menacing. I agree that he did a great job. If there is to be a "successor" to Hamill, he's definitely got a chance.

Bruce Greenwood was a great Batman too. Maybe a bit too enthusiastic, but so was Kevin Conroy in the earlier Batman TAS episodes. I'd love to hear more of him in the role.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 12:23:50 AM by Santa Count »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2011, 01:26:12 AM »
Thing about DiMaggio's Joker is he sorta creeped me out and made me think of him as a mass-murdering psychopath. Hamill's Joker is mostly all looney tunes with a mean streak.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2011, 11:24:43 AM »
DiMaggio did a pretty good joker. It really sounded like he was trying to fill Hamill's shoes, and I think he did so wonderfully.

You know who else was good in Under the red hood? Jensen Ackles. Never expected to hear his voice in a cartoon. But when it comes down to it, he DOES emote very well. That much is clear from Supernatural. he was an interesting Red hood.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2011, 12:50:35 PM »
Dude... Jensen Ackles did an awesome job. I didn't know about him til I watched supernatural, but the dude can act. His Red Hood was damn awesome too.

Offline Wallachia

• hath risen
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2011, 10:20:50 AM »
Look who's added to the Dark Knight Rises cast:
http://movies.ign.com/articles/114/1147324p1.html

I laughed, because I was thinking as I watched Inception, that this guy looks ALOT like Heath Ledger, and I can see him filling in as the Joker, if they really needed someone. Sure, it would create alot of controversy, but you never know who can surprise you.

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better" - Albert Einstein

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2011, 03:26:14 PM »
I wish they'd forget the Joker for this continuity. I don't think I could stomach another round of comments like "RIP HEATH" and "Joseph is good but he isn't comparable to Heath's amazing performance".

Offline Grim_Creeper

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Villains for BATMAN 3 confirmed
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2011, 10:57:18 PM »
Jack Nicholson is still the best Joker in my opinion. I did not very much care for heath's performance, however, I'm one of those comic book nerd types that wants things to be as close to exactly like the comic books as they can be.

Also I'm wearing a flame retardant suit and a welding mask.

Jack nicholson might be a good Black Mask too.

But no to chris rock as the riddler.

I keep hoping they'll use some of the more obscure villains from the series. But they never do.
Nani?! An animu site with no hentai? Blaaasphemy!
Burn the witch in the name of LoL!

-Lulzy Lulzerton Esq, wizard of ounces

Tags: