Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What anime have you been watching?  (Read 18493 times)

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2011, 06:05:22 AM »
Record of Lodoss War is a DEFINITE classic. Ive only seen the TV show, though, not the OVA...gotta get on dat sumtime. 8)

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2011, 10:58:25 AM »
I re-discovered the Armored Trooper VOTOMS series that I had downloaded 2 years ago but since forgot about. The ending theme is pretty bodacious.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2011, 12:57:14 AM »
Record of Lodoss War is a DEFINITE classic. Ive only seen the TV show, though, not the OVA...gotta get on dat sumtime. 8)

Both are awesome. Must sees.

Recently I watched some other anime that take place in the same world as Lodoss. Legend of Crystania (the movie and OVA series), which kicks ass, and Rune Soldier, which also kicks ass.

It's not anime, but I recently watched Æon Flux. It rocks my dick. I also revisited Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust for the billionth time. Was pleased to find out the voice director is the same for both. Swell dude, but I'll never understand his choice for the voice of Left Hand... Sounds nothing like him, and his dialog's all screwy too. Read some translated dialog from the original Japanese script and it's much more true to his character, and I would love to hear the Japanese voice track for the film, especially since the voice actor for Left Hand in the original film reprised his role.

Oh, and I'm very slowly going through the original Dragon Ball and will venture on to DBZ. Been wanting to see these shows uncut and subbed since 1995 and 1996 (when they first aired in the US on syndicated television), lol. Thank goodness for the DVDs of the original series FUNimation released a number of years ago, and for the DBZ Dragon Boxes; I don't care for the video transfers of the other US DVDs for either show.

AAAAAAND, I'm watching the original Fist of the North Star. Very slowly with that, also. These shows tend to drag on a lot, ha ha—and with this one, most episodes feel the same. Certainly follow the same formula, anyway. It's just a never-ending video game. ENTER NEW STAGE, FIGHT HORDES OF MINIONS THAT ARE ALL THE SAME, FIGHT NEW BOSS, GET ONE STEP CLOSER TO FINAL BOSS (who I'm sure won't be the final, final boss judging by the movie).
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 01:02:25 AM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2011, 06:11:12 PM »
Watched Patlabor 1 & 2 (the movies) last night. I liked 2 the best. And the late Satoshi Kon worked on the scenery in P2. You can see some of his quirks in the backgrounds if you pay attentions. In such a tense, serious movie, Kon's backgrounds add a little lightheartedness to the whole thing.

Haven't decided what I'll watch tonight. Going through my old tapes while I clean them out.

Oh yeah, that reminds me. If anyone wants to buy my 7 fansubs of Hamelin The Violinist (the entire series and the 30-minute movie), just pay for shipping and the cost of the box and Ill mail it to you. If you're a stickler for actual animation, you won't like it, since the show's not known for having a lot of actual animation in it.   :)
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline darkjak951

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: What anime have you been watching?
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2011, 09:15:43 PM »
I re-discovered the Armored Trooper VOTOMS series that I had downloaded 2 years ago but since forgot about. The ending theme is pretty bodacious.
I remember watching this series, kind of made me think what gundam would be like if the mobile suits were actually human size. Never finished it though, not sure why.
Like giant robots? Join up if your interested:
http://www.amecha.co.uk/forum/index.php
My username on it is Gelboob794

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2011, 11:02:33 PM »
Watched Patlabor 1 & 2 (the movies) last night. I liked 2 the best.

I've seen both movies as well. The first one never really stuck with me, but the second movie... Everything about it clicked. It maybe a boring watch for most however for me, the most important element was it's soundtrack. I have managed to download it of the net and I'm still not tired of listening to it. It brings fourth an atmosphere that really compliments the mood of the file very well even if most of the tracks are similar. The film is slow-paced but I also find that that is one of it best qualities.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2011, 12:02:11 AM »
I LOVE the VOTOMs ending theme. So romantic...;_; Also, after you're finished with the TV series, check out Shining Heresy! A friend of my translated it and I timed it! :D

Offline Ridureyu

• A boomerang to the head cooled my jets.
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2011, 04:11:54 PM »
I'm rewatching all of Slayers from the beginning, culminating with the new stuff.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2011, 09:30:47 AM »
Another classic 8)

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2011, 11:29:01 PM »
Just watched Dirty Pair: Project Eden. I forgot how much I loved that movie. One of the best anime movies of the late 80's. Even the dub wasn't too bad, handled by Carl Macek and Streamline Pictures. Lots of jokes, lots of action, and a memorable soundtrack. I have an MP3 of Dr. Wattsman's theme on a disc somewhere.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline 赤月

• 血月下の薄夢華
  • Vampire Hunter
  • A cesspit of hatred and lies! Wait, what?
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2011, 09:51:31 PM »
I am currently obsessed with the "To Aru" series, finished watching Railgun and both Index seasons. Crossing my fingers for a third season.
Finished watching Mahou Shoujo Madoka yesterday, simply the best Magical Girl series ever, not your everyday ditzy girl suddenly getting super powers. And Kyuubei is just plain awesome, sure, he's cute, but he's got a sinister personality that gave him depth, unlike the other Magical Girl familiars.
I've been keeping up with Ao no Exorcist [extremely good], Gintama, Deadman Wonderland, and Hidan no Aria.
Whoever haven't seen Ao no Exorcist, do it now~

Offline darkjak951

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2011, 10:25:44 AM »
Just picked up from where I left off in Yu Yu Hakusho. I just finished the Black Card arc and loved the hell outta it, I loved it more than the dark tournament which was cool cause it showed the back stories of Toguro and Genkai but it felt way too dragged out to me. Now i'm on the three kings arc which is starting to seem short as hell, after all it seems like it only goes on from episode 95-112. So the series's finale is the shortest arc in the series? I hope it doesn't let me down :/
Like giant robots? Join up if your interested:
http://www.amecha.co.uk/forum/index.php
My username on it is Gelboob794

Tags: