Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Forum Software Upgrade Notice  (Read 13465 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2011, 12:19:39 PM »
It'll look the same as it did in the morning.
All I'm doing is copy/pasta what was in the other stylesheet.
It's tedious work.  It's because the new SMF has some new stuff in its layout.
It'll be back in a while.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2011, 01:09:10 PM »
How do I hide my e-mail? I'd rather not receive more penis enlargement pill ads.

Is there an alternative to this hideous background? If not, is it on the way? Something dark plz. It's easier on the eyes.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2011, 02:07:23 PM »
I'm aware of the problems with the darkness.  I ask you to please bear with me while I set up a dark theme.
I've been downloading dark themes but they all have flaws and I'd rather have a theme with proper links and navigation even the colors are bright.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2011, 03:29:48 PM »
Good luck, Jorge!! I believe in you :D :D

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Gemini

• Maria's Pimp
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Falling!!
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Devil Hackers' Nest
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2011, 03:39:48 PM »
Could you please enable again the default theme and alter a secondary one instead of forcing us to use the one that gets updated and which makes browsing the board barely impossible?

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2011, 04:02:16 PM »
Done.

I don't want to hear complaints or messages about how much you hate the colors, etc.
I told you I would be updating the forums, so this is to be expected.  Unfortunately 1.1.14 themes don't seem to be compatible with 2.0 themes, so I'm working as diligently as I can (given the time I've got to work on this), which sucks because many 'claim' they are compatible when in actuality they're not.

So you will have to deal with bright-ass blue colors for a while.  DEAL, I SAY!
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Gemini

• Maria's Pimp
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Falling!!
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Devil Hackers' Nest
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2011, 04:03:33 PM »
No problem for me! I always swap to the default theme on every board that allows that anyway. :p

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2011, 04:08:18 PM »
Hey, this forum looks different now. It kinda...hmm. It's like I've seen it before, but I'm not sure where...might be almost everywhere. Is this skin a common default for forums? I coulda sworn I've seen it at a few other places I've been...:o

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2011, 04:24:33 PM »
*Logs on*

It's like I logged on into the future.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2011, 04:31:31 PM »
Sad to hear that we will be stuck with the "bland" theme for a while longer.

It really does not have the "CV" feel to it.

But It is to be expected considering the problems you are currently having with the themes so I will just have to suck it up and deal with it. ;D

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2011, 04:39:07 PM »
Alright then. *puts on sunglasses*
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2011, 04:45:39 PM »
Alright then. *puts on sunglasses*

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2011, 08:45:40 PM »
OMG EVERYTHING IS SO WHITE, AND SO EASY TO READ!

I can actually see things better now, default skin plz. Reminds me a bit of Atari Age forums, one of it's skins.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 08:47:22 PM by Bloodreign »

LBPHeretic

Re: Forum Software Upgrade Notice
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2011, 08:57:25 PM »
Yeah. Forum upgrades and especially forum theme and skin compatibilities can be a pain to fix.

I know this all too well as I have been through the same process. Just give TGMagus time and it will be rectified. Taking his time in choosing the right forum theme/skin will make the overall process much smoother in the long run. Upgrades are worth it for added features and security.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2011, 09:00:05 PM »
I honestly like this... just wish it was dark though, easier to stare at. But this is easy to read... not that devastating purple, ewwwww.

Tags: