Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Forum Software Upgrade Notice  (Read 13472 times)

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2011, 09:08:45 PM »
All we need is sickly green and it'll be Forumplanet once again, just like the old days.  ;D

Offline 赤月

• 血月下の薄夢華
  • Vampire Hunter
  • A cesspit of hatred and lies! Wait, what?
    • Awards
Re: Forum Software Upgrade Notice
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2011, 09:12:11 PM »
I am okay with this so far (used to frequent a forum with the same color scheme, this feels homely haha), I wasn't prepared for the different colors though.

Good luck with the rest of the upgrading procedure, Jorge!
Keep the spiffing up!

Offline angevil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2011, 09:29:48 AM »
It is so blinding......ahhhhhh..Bring back the black, please. Can we vote or sth? Dungeon forum is black. This is not black, so it is no more a Dungeon forum.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2011, 09:53:52 AM »
Before posting complaints, READ THE ENTIRE THREAD.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2011, 10:16:58 AM »
friggin' noobs, man  :rollseyes:

do some of you guys just sit here & refresh the dungeon every 10 minutes or something? they're taking care of it, go outside, there's a sale at k-mart. sheeesh!!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 10:20:29 AM by Crisis »

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2011, 10:23:57 AM »
Now THIS is more like it. :)

Loving the new look. ;)

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline angevil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2011, 10:35:24 AM »
Before posting complaints, READ THE ENTIRE THREAD.

I was too blinded..almost burnt up to ashes ;)

Now it is much better, thank you.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2011, 10:36:42 AM »
ooh very nice. Likin' the new look.

Hey Jorge, you ever considered upping the max avatar size?
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2011, 10:43:50 AM »
Ahhh this is much better. 8)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2011, 11:01:14 AM »
Approved. I like the books in place of the torches too.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2011, 11:05:34 AM »
Like everything., cept the purple links. Meh...

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2011, 11:10:14 AM »
I was curious if all the white was just temporary. Guess this answers my questions. I also noticed the LoS book is also used in the new look. Personally I'd have used CV64/LoD's Necronomicon. It's far more sinister, taboo and maddening.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2011, 11:13:39 AM »
Personally I'd have used CV64/LoD's Necronomicon. It's far more sinister, taboo and maddening.

This^^^^^

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2011, 11:50:22 AM »
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2011, 11:58:56 AM »
Here are some things that we got with the new software update, and what we lost:

We got:
Multiple language Interface!  Now you can use the forum in Chinese, English, Japanese, Hebrew, Finnish, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, and Swedish.
There's supposedly more security now and there are some more admin options that I can use to keep the riffraff out.
As you can see, the interface is different (though I had to stay up late to code up a new theme since 1.1.14 themes don't seem to be compatible with 2.0)
The ability to use newer plugins and mods, which I will be experimenting with.  Things like games and the like, are probably gonna be possible now.

We lost:
-Member Awards (at least for now, until the Mod I was using comes up with a 2.0 version)
-AJAX Quick Reply (so now the page won't auto-refresh when you use quick reply; no big deal)
-Some AntiSpam Mods (will have to see what I can do about that)
-the eNotify Notifications (which most of us disliked and I'm glad it got uninstalled).
-the Spoiler Tag.  I'm looking into finding a replacement mod that'll implement this again.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 07:27:59 PM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Tags: