Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What drives you guys to live this life?  (Read 18342 times)

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« on: March 27, 2012, 09:38:20 PM »
+1
What is it? I just don't know what do I live for.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: What drives you guys to live this life?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 10:09:50 PM »
+1
I just want to see what the future has in store for us, nothing too mushy.
To elaborate, if things are looking down there are always chances of the situation improving, though the inverse applies as well. Kinda helps me keep myself on my toes without getting too cynical.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 10:27:56 PM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 10:39:50 PM »
+3
To be a better me and maybe help others to be a better them. :)
"Stuff and things."

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 10:51:29 PM »
+3
Cocaine.

Offline Opium

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 10:54:21 PM »
+2
I live because I don't know anything else.  I don't know what happens after you die, but my guess is absolutely nothing.  If that's true, then I think I should stretch this life thing out as much as I can.  Not existing scares the crap out of me, and as hard as life is I would still rather have it than face the void of nothingness. 

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 10:58:46 PM »
+1
I doubt you're gonna sense not existing because being alive means being self-conscious. You know what happens when you sleep and don't remember what you dreamed about? That's likely what being dead is like.

Offline Opium

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 11:16:58 PM »
I doubt you're gonna sense not existing because being alive means being self-conscious. You know what happens when you sleep and don't remember what you dreamed about? That's likely what being dead is like.

Possibly, but I tend to feel like not having any consciousness is completely unfathomable even when compared to dreamless sleep.  When sleeping, you still have subconsciousness.  I don't think being dead could be like sleep, because sleep is something and dead is nothing.  I have a sense of what subconscious existence in deep sleep is like, but like infinity, I am incapable of comprehending the concept of not being here..at...all.  Just thinking about it makes me have waves of anxiety.  Still, I refuse to cling on to irrational fairy tales that serve to alleviate that anxiety.  I try my hardest to focus on life and to value it, because the very idea of death terrifies me. (for myself or anyone I care about)  Anyone who says they aren't afraid of death is LYING not only to others but to themselves as well.

It's true that not being here means not being able to think about how it may or may not suck to be dead, but not even having the consciousness to feel anything at all - essentially not existing - is still scary.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 11:19:32 PM by Opium »

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 11:28:17 PM »
+1
You were in that same state before being born. Naturally being self-aware now makes it seem more complicated and/or scarier than it likely actually is. We came from nothing and that's where we will return.

Don't Fear the Reaper- Blue Oyster Cult
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 11:34:29 PM by A-Yty »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2012, 12:28:31 AM »
+1
What drives you guys to live this life?

There are lots of things that drive me to stick around here till my number's called; Video games, what's beyond 2012, First Contact (if and when it happens), the reemergence of the Atlantis & Lemurian continents, technological leaps & bounds past what we can imagine, etc. But perhaps the most important and maybe the main reason why I tough out life is simple; Suicide. It just can't be done. To me it's no different then hitting the reset or power button on your game console. You can't cheat your way out of death by your own hand or else you have to start over again at square one. No saves or passwords. A game that you've worked so hard to finish only to get pissed at it then decide to turn it off, is just not worth doing it over again. Considering all the s**t I've been through, if I were to suicide then I'd have to relive all of that pain and suffering. All Over Again. Not worth it. No matter how much I hate my life and all, this little analogy is the only reason I'm still here.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 02:57:33 AM »
To be a better me and maybe help others to be a better them. :)
I live because I don't know anything else.  I don't know what happens after you die, but my guess is absolutely nothing.  If that's true, then I think I should stretch this life thing out as much as I can.  Not existing scares the crap out of me, and as hard as life is I would still rather have it than face the void of nothingness. 
There are lots of things that drive me to stick around here till my number's called; Video games, what's beyond 2012, First Contact (if and when it happens), the reemergence of the Atlantis & Lemurian continents, technological leaps & bounds past what we can imagine, etc. But perhaps the most important and maybe the main reason why I tough out life is simple; Suicide. It just can't be done. To me it's no different then hitting the reset or power button on your game console. You can't cheat your way out of death by your own hand or else you have to start over again at square one. No saves or passwords. A game that you've worked so hard to finish only to get pissed at it then decide to turn it off, is just not worth doing it over again. Considering all the s**t I've been through, if I were to suicide then I'd have to relive all of that pain and suffering. All Over Again. Not worth it. No matter how much I hate my life and all, this little analogy is the only reason I'm still here.

I like these answers, especially the last one. I think I have a reason to live my life now. :)

Thanks guys. :D

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2012, 05:12:46 AM »
+1
Anyone who says they aren't afraid of death is LYING not only to others but to themselves as well.

I don't fear death. Fear is a heavy burden that you can choose not to have.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2012, 05:41:36 AM »
+1
I live to see my dreams and goals (or some of them at least) realized.

Also some curiosity for what the future holds for the world.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2012, 06:11:09 AM »
+1
Probably to make the world a better place. I don't know how I'm gonna do that, But I hope somehow I would at least somewhat change it for the best. The new motto I've developed is "If you're not making the world a better place then why the hell are you still alive?"

As for afterlife, being non-religious and yet still being afraid of nothingness, I'd like to believe in reincarnation, as in you are reborn without knowing anything of your previous consciousness. Other than that I really don't like thinking about it.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2012, 06:15:09 AM »
I don't fear death. Fear is a heavy burden that you can choose not to have.

I agree with this one. You can choose to live in fear of dying or to live your life like you want by accepting and waiting for the unexpected whenever it is to come. 10 days ago, i passed out and fell on a avenue full with cars. Luckily, i only hurt my hand. Dying or no that day, it doesn't make any difference to me. I have accepted death as something normaly to my life.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2012, 07:31:41 AM »
I guess I'm what you call apathetic in this subject. Live, or die, either is fine. My biological systems prefer to prevent it, but in my mind I don't really care either way I guess. I don't really have anything tying me down, so I suppose there's not much to lose. Or perhaps, since I've knocked on death's door enough, I've become desensitized to it. Who knows. I don't really put much thought into it.

Anyone who says they aren't afraid of death is LYING not only to others but to themselves as well.

An arrogant and misguided statement founded by your extreme hate of religion. Typical for you though, I suppose.

Tags:

anything