Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Disney buys Star Wars  (Read 16444 times)

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2012, 01:04:34 PM »
Image slightly too wide for most browsers.

Best part about this picture is he has no one to blame but himself.
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2012, 02:45:38 PM »
Wow  ???  Don't really know what to make of this...

Yeah having the original cast come back to reprise their roles is a little difficult now...or maybe not. The actors are still alive so all they would need to do is use computer graphics to bring their ages back to a more youthful look, like they did for Jeff Bridges' character; Kevin Flynn in TRON: Legacy. But I think a movie version of Knights of the Old Republic could also work. Those stories were five thousand years before the original Star Wars. Lots of room to work with.

Well Arnold is playing Conan again, so I don't see why the hell not get some of the original cast back and do some kind of new story.

I'm calling it now, the next movie craze Is going to be sequels to old movies, with the original older actors.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2012, 03:08:57 PM »

I'm calling it now, the next movie craze Is going to be sequels to old movies, with the original older actors.

You know what, I can totally see this happening. At least the nostalgia levels are going to hit Mars, bounce to the Moon, hit the side pocket of Jupiter, and comet back down to Earth.
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2012, 03:22:31 PM »
+1
And yknow what, it would in many cases be better than the reboots that often happen.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2012, 10:45:39 AM »
Well Arnold is playing Conan again, so I don't see why the hell not get some of the original cast back and do some kind of new story.

Arnold is playing Conan again?? Why'd they replace him to begin with if he was going to reprise his role?
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2012, 02:50:29 PM »
And yknow what, it would in many cases be better than the reboots that often happen.

If Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and Terminator 3 are anything to go by, I'd say likely not.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2012, 02:55:34 AM »
Arnold is playing Conan again?? Why'd they replace him to begin with if he was going to reprise his role?

Sounds like they're going with an idea for the series which was getting ready to go right before he became the Governator. The plan was (at least as I read it in an Entertainment Weekly years ago) to have a transition movie where Arnold would play King Conan and pass the torch on to Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson who would play his son. But there were thoughts of switching The Rock out for another actor since at that time it had only been recently that Johnson had starred in another sword and sandal flick called The Scorpion King.

Also from what I've heard the attempted reboot was a miserable failure.

I always liked Robert E. Howard's other barbarian hero Kull better myself.
Kull the Conqueror (1997) Trailer
Heck yeah Kevin Sorbo!

If Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and Terminator 3 are anything to go by, I'd say likely not.

Good point.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 03:12:18 AM by Ratty »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2012, 03:01:32 PM »
Kevin Sorbo's the man in Kull the Conqueror. I gotta watch that again soon; I own the DVD.

My brother lent me a collection of Kull stories that's been on my shelf for over a year. I oughta read that.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2012, 08:24:17 PM »
Kevin Sorbo's the man in Kull the Conqueror. I gotta watch that again soon; I own the DVD.

My brother lent me a collection of Kull stories that's been on my shelf for over a year. I oughta read that.

Yeah I've got the DVD to, it looks good especially considering the age of the transfer. Funny coincidence, I lent out my collection of Kull stories before I had read it (mostly because it reeked of tobacco when I got it from ebay) about a year or two ago and still haven't got it back. Knowing the relative I lent it to I might be better off just getting another copy. I've read some of the Kull stories from marvel comics and they were good though.

PS- For a funny comparison check out how differently they were able to advertise the movie in the theatrical trailer as opposed to the home video one above, despite the fact they use most of the same clips.

KULL THE CONQUEROR TRAILER

The video trailer says "Epic Fantasy" and the theatrical trailer says "Rockin' good low budget 90s action movie wooooo!" Strange thing is that they're both right.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 08:39:56 PM by Ratty »

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2012, 10:29:59 PM »
What about episodes VII, VIII and IX? I never read the books, but I know that they exist, they even show how
(click to show/hide)
, I read about this in a magazine years ago, before they launched the episode III.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2012, 10:10:52 AM »
I did hear some talk on the radio about how in the new episode VII Darth Vader is supposed to come back from the ashes so to speak. At this point I'll only see this as a rumor not to be taken literally. However it does leave me scratching my head in wondering how they plan to bring Vader back. He was saved by Luke at the end and his body was cremated on Endor. As for Palpatine surviving his plummet to the Deathstar's core where his body exploded? I highly doubt it. But that's not to say they can't clone him like they did in the expanded universe stories.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2012, 05:36:24 PM »
About Palpatine, his body indeed didnt survived, he transfered his soul to another body before dying, that his the ultimate power of imortality that he seeked. About Darth Vader I never heard about that, since he is dead and we can clearly see that in VI end.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2012, 12:42:42 PM »

Well of course it depends who's making them... Lucas has no idea what he's doing when it comes to movies, and only Cameron really knew what to do with Terminator. (he made it after all)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2012, 02:49:32 PM »
Well of course it depends who's making them... Lucas has no idea what he's doing when it comes to movies, and only Cameron really knew what to do with Terminator. (he made it after all)

Cameron did make several continuity errors in T2 with regards to his original Terminator story so he's not perfect in that sense either. Like Lucas they both made mistakes in their creations.

Tags:

anything