Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What's your dark pleasure?  (Read 16106 times)

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2013, 04:39:35 AM »
I'm actually a nice guy.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2013, 04:41:20 AM »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2013, 06:42:42 AM »
Um.. This isn't meant to offend anybody, but I believe "if you don't have love, then you have nothing."

X, your idea of marriage is skewed, because my parents have been married for 40+ years and my mother hasn't been stripped of her free will, neither has many of my friend's marriages and we've all been perfectly happy with our lives thus far, so I dunno where that factoid you posted comes from but it's not true at all. The "exploitation" you describe is only in limited circumstances. No offense but if you really think this is how all marriages work then your mindset is very limited since there are many, thousands of circumstances that prove otherwise, mines included.

I was drunk when i typed this so please disregard everything

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2013, 10:24:18 AM »

Ah, that's why we're all still alive.

So I see that sarcasm/a joking tone doesn't carry well on the internet. These don't have to be actual 'dark' things, just guilty pleasures you're not exactly up front with, but they don't have to be something like...I dunno...shoving doll parts into various orifices while a Peruvian medicine woman flogs you with the May '96 issue of Cat Fancy magazine during an electrical storm. Just stuff like enjoying a trashy show like Maury, or a really terrible video game. Though, if you wanna treat this as a sort of confessional for your inner demons I suppose that's cool too...whatevs.
Groove is in the heart.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2013, 10:58:57 AM »

It's okay Crisis. I know that people can be very happy in marriage and my parents were proof of that too.  :)  By my persoanl feeling on what marriage had become in the middle ages was anything but happiness for those women involved. It mostly not true in today's world with free rights and all, but when the Vatican was in power they used the institution of marriage as another tool of controlling a woman's free will. And to the small few that exist today, they still see it as such. especially those breakaway factions of Christianity and polygamy sects  :P

So I see that sarcasm/a joking tone doesn't carry well on the internet. These don't have to be actual 'dark' things, just guilty pleasures you're not exactly up front with, but they don't have to be something like...I dunno...shoving doll parts into various orifices while a Peruvian medicine woman flogs you with the May '96 issue of Cat Fancy magazine during an electrical storm. Just stuff like enjoying a trashy show like Maury, or a really terrible video game. Though, if you wanna treat this as a sort of confessional for your inner demons I suppose that's cool too...whatevs.

A guilty pleasure eh? Okay how about this; I enjoyed watching Sailor Moon and made it my business to sit through both the American version as well as the Japanese version. The American version was a lot more kid-friendly while there was some light profanity in the Japanese version.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2013, 01:02:43 PM »
A guilty pleasure eh? Okay how about this; I enjoyed watching Sailor Moon and made it my business to sit through both the American version as well as the Japanese version. The American version was a lot more kid-friendly while there was some light profanity in the Japanese version.

It's interesting just how much anime uses the word "kuso," which my Dragon Ball DVDs for some reason always translates to "damn," but in several other subbed anime it's "shit." I don't know if it's a profane word or if "crap" could be used in its place, or if uttered in a certain way it could be some non-distinct utter of frustration or anger, but if it IS "shit" expressed as a cuss word and not just a word for excrement, it kind of tickles me that kids shows use it.

Then again, with how many dirty jokes there are in DB, that kinda tickles me also that kiddies watch it.

Anyway, I liked Sailor Moon when it was first syndicated here. I didn't have cable when it hit Cartoon Network so I couldn't continue following it (same with DB/Z). Even bought the first volumes for the manga and Sailor V; haven't read 'em, though. Trying to get a guy I know online to burn copies of his DVDs for me. :p
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2013, 09:17:33 PM »
I bought my brother Dragon Ball vol. 1 (the big manga) cuz he likes anime and I thought it'd be good to help him read. Well, he doesn't like reading and doesn't like manga. So it sits on my parents floor with a bent up cover probably cuz a dog got to it. Or maybe cuz my parents read it. I forgot what the old Dragon Ball was like, so I read the manga before I gave it to my brother.

I thought, "Shit, my parents are going to kill me."  :D
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2013, 09:23:31 PM »
Did you give him one of the early, mostly-uncensored printings with titties and people flipping the bird and stuff? ;D

It's too bad every English publication is censored in some form or another. I'd have bought the entire manga by now (including DBZ which was originally just a continuation of the book; the Z designation was introduced for the anime) if it weren't for the censorship. Most of the ones available now draw soap bubbles over the boobs or make Mr. Popo's lips dark so he no longer has blackface, etc. Shit's wicked lame.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Laina

• RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2013, 11:19:56 PM »
Ah, good ole DBZ. Freshman year of highschool, me & one boy in the popular clique actually bonded over it.
Groove is in the heart.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2013, 11:45:11 AM »
Even bought the first volumes for the manga and Sailor V; haven't read 'em, though.

Read 'em. Seriously. In one of the books Sailor V actually goes on a small rant about farts when she used a gas attack against her adversary.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline P/\/\\/o

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2013, 12:01:10 PM »
Come on...you know you have one...maybe even more.

Wumminoids.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 12:03:18 PM by P/\/\\/o »
'Oct.10, '03: I got Smacked down at Smackdown!' ;D

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2013, 01:19:41 PM »
The DB manga I got my brother was one of those really big omnibus style ones that weighed 8 pounds (well, guessing on the weight). And no censorship that I remember. It had boobs. It had profanities and boobage and little wee-wees flopping around. My parents are too old-school for that. =/

What really gets me though is when I was growing up my parents harped on me for watching anime and playing games (the Urotsukidouji incident might have had something to do with it...). But my brother watches anime ALL THE FUCKING TIME (and not the good kind, either) and plays video games on his iPad. Yeah, his iPad. All my video games I got from my dad because my parents were divorced and dad didn't have custody, so he had to get me video games to win me over. (That's what mom told me, and I told her it was fine by me.)
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2013, 02:59:59 PM »
+3
Come on...you know you have one...maybe even more. It's alright, no judgment here-we all have some strange affinities...

Alright, let's list some odd/stupid/crazy vices here. I'll go first:

I like to watch Maury Povich. I'm sorry, I just...well gosh darn it, I need to see who be dat baby's daddy! Also, most of those people make me feel like a neurosurgeon archeologist supermodel. :3

Guile Theme goes with everything (Maury)

First thing that came to mind

and this as well

Guile's Theme Goes With Everything Joseph You Are Not The Father

Also at one point in my life I use to collect swords knifes and stuff when I become more successful in life and have money to spend I want to buy a civil war calvary saber.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 03:07:25 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Laina

• RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2013, 06:30:12 AM »
This isn't exactly something I think a lot of people would get off of the bat, but here goes...I really liked "1,000 Ways to Die" on Spike.

Now, the reason I consider it a dark pleasure is (other than the obvious) because even though the names of people have been changed it still feels disrespectful. The way they make these folks out-generally an inbred yokel, a complete t-totaling asshole, a slutty little trollop, a burnt out drunk, a flakey druggie, an out there eccentric-it's all just one dimensional, God awful stereotypes. Granted, maybe sometimes they're not that far off base, but then again I can't help but wonder if this wasn't mostly stuff ordered to be filled in by a producer & carried out by some overworked intern. To quote 90% of the guests on my other favorite bad show, Maury: "YOU DON'T KNOW ME!", and that is exactly it-we didn't know these people. What if they were nothing like how they were portrayed? What if they were just someone who made one bad decision, or caught one hell of a bad break? Why are they painted in this skank-tastic light to begin with? Well, my thought is I don't think quite as many people would tune in to hear about the last horrifying moments of likable people.

Anyway, yeah, I (mostly) like 1,000 Ways to Die because I'm a morbid little thing & that makes me feel all dirty inside.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 07:09:10 AM by Laina »
Groove is in the heart.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2013, 09:41:02 AM »
Maybe you should also check out the Darwin Awards books. I hear they're a hoot & holler!

Tags:

anything