Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What's your phobia? (also unofficial Mighty Max thread)  (Read 18878 times)

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
Re: What's your phobia? (also unofficial Mighty Max thread)
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2013, 08:51:44 AM »
Don't judge me, but I have a fear of ranch dressing. It cannot be anywhere near my food or I get sick :-X
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2013, 10:28:29 AM »
That sounds like a food allergy. Your immune system must be working overtime if this is happening to you. It happens with other food allergies as well, such as peanuts. But if it's not an allergy then maybe you have a selective gag reflex. I hate the gag reflex so I can understand.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2013, 06:41:39 PM »
My ex had food allergies like that. She's my ex now for a reason. FUCK YOU BITCH I'LL EAT MUSTARD IF I WANT WHEN I WANT!!! >:(
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2013, 07:21:25 PM »
My ex had food allergies like that. She's my ex now for a reason. FUCK YOU BITCH I'LL EAT MUSTARD IF I WANT WHEN I WANT!!! >:(

I'm assuming there was more to it than that...or you really 'effing love mustard.

Seeing large amounts of ranch dressing does make me gag a little, but I do like to put small amounts at a time in a little saucer for dipping if I'm eating plain potato chips or something.

I don't know if it's a phobia or my anxieties piquing, but ovens scare me...I frightened to reach inside when cooking for fear of being burned no matter how careful I am or fear of dropping whatever I'm cooking due to my weak grip, causing a fire & dying before I can get my pets, irreplaceable sentiment laced items & myself out. Also, I'm simply swarmed by intrusive thoughts of people & animals being burned alive when I look at one...
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2013, 12:31:56 AM »
Oh...my...holy...GOD. I would have died then & there. You're like an immortal or something, aren't you? That's the only way one could have survived that sort of an onslaught.

Oh no no I'm not. I'm also suffering from old bones, muscle pain and a deteriorating eyesight.
Well, I was lucky to have a pail of good clean water beside me. Poured it over myself and cried "Mommy".

I also have a food allergy. Crustaceans! sigh.. and I love to eat them..  :'(

Offline Laina

• RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2013, 12:40:29 AM »

I also have a food allergy. Crustaceans! sigh.. and I love to eat them..  :'(

I have the EXACT same problem, sister. *sigh*
Groove is in the heart.

Offline TheouAegis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2013, 10:23:32 AM »
Those scare me. Crustaceans scare me silly. My mom says it dates back to when my cousin chased me with a crab or lobster. I love shrimp and prawns, but if they ain't dead and skinned -- if they still have those beady little eyes and legs... oh god the legs... yeah, I won't like it. I did eat a shrimp with the legs still attached but... yeah i was unnerved. And crayfish at a cajun restaurant. Oh my god i never order any dish with crayfish cuz of that.

Offline Mangoaxe5

• A Rotted Heart
  • Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • mangosgooddreams
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2013, 11:58:20 AM »
+1
I'm afraid of driving. I always worry that I'm going to get into an accident when I'm behind the wheel.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2013, 12:26:44 PM »
+1
I'm afraid of driving. I always worry that I'm going to get into an accident when I'm behind the wheel.

Me too, lol. I'm a friggin bad driver. I'm constantly afraid of that one moment when I lose my focus on the road and crash into someone (or something). That's why I'm almost never calm while driving and never remove my hands from the wheel. Needless to say I never drive beyond the speed limit or speed up to catch a green light. That really annoys some drivers.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Laina

• RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2013, 02:35:54 PM »

ME TOO. My confidence was systematically destroyed by someone close to me & my own crazy brain. I used to LOVE to drive-drove everywhere, loved to drive stick, felt exhilarating. But now it's like Freddy said-second guessing myself, concentrating so hard I get a headache, actually trying so hard to be perfect that I mess up-it's just a nightmare. I feel like I used to be good at it...I miss those days.
Groove is in the heart.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2013, 02:45:54 PM »
Falling, heights are not an issue but Falling is by far the worst in my book

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2013, 07:29:40 PM »

I know the fear and I don't drive. My eyesight is too bad for driving.

Falling, heights are not an issue but Falling is by far the worst in my book

ah yes. I too am afraid of falling. I would never attempt a bungee jump. It is just too scary.

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2013, 05:25:23 AM »
I know the fear and I don't drive. My eyesight is too bad for driving.

ah yes. I too am afraid of falling. I would never attempt a bungee jump. It is just too scary.
But would you bungee Jump on the moon?
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline TheouAegis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2013, 09:29:29 AM »
Epic fear of falling playing out in slow motion. 20 seconds of heart-attacking fear!~

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2013, 09:36:40 AM »

Tags: fear fears phobia phobias 

anything