Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Anime vs Real Life.....  (Read 21736 times)

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 08:38:58 AM »
+1
Not yet, Gunlord...make that wish after we have giant mecha, otherwise you'll be stuck in some lame slice-of-life style anime.  :P

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2013, 09:44:09 AM »
Not yet, Gunlord...make that wish after we have giant mecha, otherwise you'll be stuck in some lame slice-of-life style anime.  :P

I'd have to agree. Waaaaaay too much drama in those slice-of-life animes. The kinds of things that already exist whenever you step outside of your home.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 09:46:00 AM by X »
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2013, 10:08:13 AM »
+1
I'd have to agree. Waaaaaay too much drama in those slice-of-life animes. The kinds of things that already exist whenever you step outside of your home.

What immediately comes to mind is the ending for School Days. I haven't actually seen it, but...it's still pretty infamous. Also it spawned this meme.

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2013, 05:34:57 PM »
+1
I'am all ready in an anime.
an anime where cards matter and I gotta believe in the heart of them.

OH wait I just play the game. man....
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2013, 09:35:48 PM »
+1
I'am all ready in an anime.
an anime where cards matter and I gotta believe in the heart of them.

OH wait I just play the game. man....

You don't have to be in an anime just for that. Real life will suffice. hehehe...

I do not like those anime. I watch anime to escape reality. So bring in those Mecha!
I wish I were in Japan when these games were introduced... http://www.gundam-kizuna.jp/index.php

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2013, 02:46:27 AM »
+1
What immediately comes to mind is the ending for School Days. I haven't actually seen it, but...it's still pretty infamous. Also it spawned this meme.

Haha I remember I had an anime-obsessed roommate one time (the kind who would wear his official Naruto headband when he thought I was asleep while he watched the latest fansubs) who stumbled on that ending on youtube not knowing what it was, just looking up random animes. He was traumatized and kept bringing it up for like a week.

And in English!

My Favorite American Stereotype From Japanese Anime

Well this seems to be about the most accurate portrayal of Americans in any medium I've ever seen. Elvis is and always will be the king, fuck is one of the most versatile words in the English language, and we do love our hotdogs and cheerleaders.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 02:49:31 AM by Ratty »

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2013, 08:34:07 AM »
Well this seems to be about the most accurate portrayal of Americans in any medium I've ever seen. Elvis is and always will be the king, fuck is one of the most versatile words in the English language, and we do love our hotdogs and cheerleaders.

Fuck yeah! Even Miku can't resist the allure of Hot Dogs.
Corolla + Miku - Hotdog

And oh god, Abenobashi, I love that anime something fierce.

I wish I were in Japan when these games were introduced... http://www.gundam-kizuna.jp/index.php

Mecha ftw! I wish I found those when I was in Japan last! I went to a few arcades in Akihabara and Osaka and it was just fighting games and Gundam Extreme Vs. Which is a good game in it's own right.  ;D

I think this is now anime general so~
MECHA~! What series/franchises of mecha anime do you like? Which do you recommend? I'll list a couple of my absolute favorites, which also come highly recommended!

Gunbuster/Aim for the Top!
Macross (Franchise)
Gundam (Franchise)
Bubblegum Crisis
GaoGaiGar
Getter Robo OVAs
The Five Star Story
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 08:36:34 AM by TheCruelAngel »

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2013, 09:07:41 PM »
Bubblegum Crisis is a battle suits anime, not mecha. There's a difference. And it will always be one of the best ever made. Killer soundtrack, too.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2013, 12:11:09 AM »
Aside from the Gundam series (I have a massive collection from the Seed/Destiny series),
I liked this: Fafner in the Azure

Some of the people I know suggest Code Geass, but I haven't watched it.

Offline Ratty

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2013, 08:30:02 AM »
I think this is now anime general so~

I'm not a huge anime fan but there are series and films I like. Only the Gundam 08th MS Team sticks out in my mind as a mech series I really enjoyed and that has stayed with me. I adored Gundam Wing as a kid but last time I tried to watch it it was a bit painful to sit through.

Aside from Mecha though...
Off the top of my head the series I've enjoyed and that have stuck with me have been-

-Outlaw Star
-Sherlock Hound
-Hellsing Ultimate (and 13 episode tv series to a much lesser extent)
-Trigun
-Vampire Hunter D films
-Blue Sub No. 6 mini-series.
-Slayers

Honorable mention-
-Dominion Tank Police
-Darkstalkers OVA (not much of a story most of the time but love the animation)

The Berserk manga is one of my favorite artistic works in any medium, but I never got into the old anime and haven't had a chance to see the newer OVA yet. I'm a bit disappointed that it's only going to cover the same ground the older anime did, albeit a lot more faithfully (with supernatural elements intact) than the old one I'm sure.

I'm open to trying new series but most of the stuff just seems so generic.

PS- Is it weird that I like Dominion Tank Police more than Ghost in the Shell? :I I still need to watch the movie for the latter, but I read the manga.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 08:38:49 AM by Ratty »

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2013, 12:32:54 PM »
Dominion is fun. GITS is philosophical psycho-babble. That and the Dominion anime's US dub is so fun. Annapuna made my balls drop.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Ratty

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2013, 02:29:28 PM »
Dominion is fun. GITS is philosophical psycho-babble. That and the Dominion anime's US dub is so fun. Annapuna made my balls drop.

Yeah that seems to be the general consensus from people who've read both. And gotta love the Puma sisters.

I forgot about FLCL, haven't seen or thought about it much in years. Even though it was basically a coming of age tale wrapped up in zany editing and reference-sprinkled non sequitur humor it felt really powerful at the age I first saw it. I was in a really bad place in my life at the time though, maybe why I don't think about it so much. I always wished the music of The Pillows became more widely available after that though.

Ride on shooting star/the pillows
This song and "Crazy Sunshine" can still give me chills. I'm told that they sound like generic J-rock but they reminded me of a Japanese Weezer before that stopped being a high compliment.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2013, 02:48:36 PM »
If I was in an anime I could be like this, though:

Sketchbook Full Color'S - Cat English

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2013, 10:30:15 PM »
+1
some memorial animes when I was young for me were

Rurouni kenshin this fight was sick

Best Anime Fights: Kenshin vs Saito (Full Fight)

Gundam Wing OP 1 ~Just communication~ [HD]

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters: Opening 2 ~ Shuffle (Creditless)
This show ahh!!!.fvkf

Dragon Ball Opening 02 Japones - Japanese - NP
I will always believe this that db is better than dbz. better story,fights just everything is better

and there was outlaw star but man I can barely remember that

Edit: there is one more and that's because I had a slight crush on her  when I was little  :-[

HD Blu Ray: Cardcaptor Sakura Opening 1
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 10:35:25 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Tags:

anything