Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Newcomers' Zone? (and other discussion)  (Read 17324 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Newcomers' Zone? (and other discussion)
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2013, 04:19:47 AM »
+1
So, because of the newcomers zone gone are you still looking for new moderators? If so who are the current ones so I don't put them down?

So, just a random thing but I had a dream last night that I wrote a post that dropped me down to 33 respect. I was pretty upset.

Sorry, GuyStarwind, but you missed the deadline to nominate.
I put up threads about nomination suggestions over a week ago and kept the threads up, and already received private messages.
I just removed the threads, then checked here and noticed you... didn't notice them (they were staked at the top of the board, they're now at the Archives).

The new moderators have already been appointed.

They are:

Nagumo
Gunlord
Ratty
Shiroi Koumori

They will be joining the old moderation team which consists of Bloodreign and Ralph.

Please welcome them to their new position. :)
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2013, 04:24:44 AM »
+1
I get some flack in real life from a couple cats who stop by my job and chastise me for playing old games, they tell me I should update because otherwise I'm old (no shit sherlock  :P). In no certain terms do I tell them off as cleanly as I can (I tell them their reflexes are likely crap anyway), but no person will tell me what I like or don't like, or if it's wrong in their eyes or not. You do what you gotta do, don't let someone else influence you/walk all over you Pfil. 

If someone in your real life don't like the things you like, to hell with them. They might get mad, but with time they'll learn that you as an individual can like whatever the hell you want. My family hates that I collect games, does that stop me, hell no.  ;D

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2013, 04:56:25 AM »
+1
I love playing games and I don't think anything is gonna change that any time soon.
My sister once told me that I would outgrow it, but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen, hehe.

Enough people game in my family by now that it's just the norm, but I would say I'm the most passionate, since I grab the special editions, figurines, art books, etc. that come with games.

And if someone doesn't gaming, then I go:

You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2013, 05:34:14 AM »
Sadly I'm the only hardcore in my immediate family (save for a few cousins, I'm the only old schooler though), I loved arcade games in the early 80's, grew up with the Atari 2600, stayed playing arcade games during the crash of 83, picked up steam again come the NES, and now have come down again due to little free time. Couple that for when I get home I feel like I'm wasted as hell and you have a recipe for too tired to get out of bed and hook up a system to play anything (other than some Doremi Fantasy on VC).

The passions not dead, just my energies right now (I did have a game burnout for a few months a coupleyears ago, still collected, played nothing).

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2013, 06:07:00 AM »
My sister once told me that I would outgrow it, but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen, hehe.

Hehe. Once you start, you can't stop.
I am now in trouble due to lack of space. (living in a condo is tough on that aspect)

The passions not dead, just my energies right now (I did have a game burnout for a few months a couple years ago, still collected, played nothing).

That happens to all of us from time to time.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2013, 07:35:18 AM »
Good luck 2 da new mods.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2013, 09:32:50 AM »
Nagumo
Gunlord
Ratty
Shiroi Koumori

Congrats you guys! I hope from the bottom of my heart that you'll do us Dungeonites proud.  ;)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2013, 10:45:55 AM »
Congratz to all the new moderators. :)

Although some are pretty new to the forum I get the feeling that they are good and responsible enough to handle their new powers.

Keep this place clean and safe.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2013, 11:13:05 AM »
I look forward to trolling these new mods

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2013, 12:16:54 PM »
+1
Pfil, this is a picture of my keys.
I have these on, so that when i go out, everyone can see them. Whether people like it or no or even if they think that i'm weird, i don't care. This is my life and these are what i like, so don't get stressed about what others think about you.

I get some flack in real life from a couple cats who stop by my job and chastise me for playing old games, they tell me I should update because otherwise I'm old (no shit sherlock  :P). In no certain terms do I tell them off as cleanly as I can (I tell them their reflexes are likely crap anyway), but no person will tell me what I like or don't like, or if it's wrong in their eyes or not. You do what you gotta do, don't let someone else influence you/walk all over you Pfil. 

If someone in your real life don't like the things you like, to hell with them. They might get mad, but with time they'll learn that you as an individual can like whatever the hell you want. My family hates that I collect games, does that stop me, hell no.  ;D

I love playing games and I don't think anything is gonna change that any time soon.

Enough people game in my family by now that it's just the norm, but I would say I'm the most passionate, since I grab the special editions, figurines, art books, etc. that come with games.

Yeah to hell with them! I am who I am!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 12:19:34 PM by Pfil »
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2013, 12:20:26 PM »
Congratulations to the new mods!  :)
I'm glad to know I helped.

By the way, Crisis, who is the guy in your gifs?
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2013, 12:48:14 PM »
Sorry, GuyStarwind, but you missed the deadline to nominate.
I put up threads about nomination suggestions over a week ago and kept the threads up, and already received private messages.
I just removed the threads, then checked here and noticed you... didn't notice them (they were staked at the top of the board, they're now at the Archives).

The new moderators have already been appointed.

They are:

Nagumo
Gunlord
Ratty
Shiroi Koumori

They will be joining the old moderation team which consists of Bloodreign and Ralph.

Please welcome them to their new position. :)

I've been out of town the last week for a wedding and I did check the forums to much :( but that's ok! I'm sure the people's choices will do great! :)

Congratulations to our new mods!

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2013, 04:55:23 PM »
+2
Thanks for the well-wishes, everyone! I'll do my best to live up to your expectations, and I look forwards to working with Nagumo, Ratty, and Shiroi :D

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2013, 04:56:39 PM »
Nagumo , Gunlord ,Ratty, and Shiroi Koumori

well I kind of forgot about the nominations I remember the post on the top of the board but ehh I have other things on my mind :) but hey these four cats are good, three oldies and shiroi is like a freaking jefferson movin' on up

The Jeffersons - MOVIN' ON UP - Closing Theme (Full) 

Now that I think about it I wonder if I could have pulled off being a moderator? But ehh no matter wondering on "what if" now.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 05:01:05 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2013, 08:01:34 PM »
+3
Thanks all :) Was going to post a Judge Dredd "I AM the Law!" meme here but thought better of it lol. Well all of the regulars here are pretty mature and laid back so I don't think there'll be too much trouble for the green mods.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 08:09:19 PM by Ratty »

Tags: announcement new noobs