Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: USA and allies prepare an attack on Syria  (Read 21844 times)

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: USA and allies prepare an attack on Syria
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2013, 07:46:08 PM »
+1
In conclusion, you can't trust anything or believe anything that the Government attempts to show us. There are no such things as truths anymore.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2013, 08:35:26 PM »
Wrong, truths exist and will ever exists. They are only well hidden, anyone with time and correct assets and determination can find them, maybe someone already discovered it and decided to leave it in the shadows thinking it was better for everyone, who knows? I for sure dont, since I dont know the truth... yet.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2013, 10:07:54 PM »
Why would you ever quote Fox news for ANYTHING other than maybe Weather or sports.

Anywhere else the verdict is still "undecided", Since Obama does NOT want to get involved without the international community. We do not want nor can afford, another Iraq. The issue is that Obama decided to set a "red line" at ALL. He should not have gotten involved. Now that the "red line" has been crossed, he has to do something, or risk his administration's credibility.

That said, I hope nobody seriously believes the Syrian Government is totally at fault here right? How coincidental that when the U.S., a country which has constantly been getting involved in middle Eastern conflicts to "help the innocent", threatens strict action if Chemical weapons are used, suddenly, OH WHAT A SURPRISE, CHEMICAL WEAPONS WERE USED

It is some fringe group of the rebels who want the U.S. to take Assad down. Now, if that group has some kind of connection to the regime, it's possible. but I don't really believe that it is entirely the regime ignoring the international community. It cannot afford that ignorance. Dictators have been removed for far pettier reasons. Saddam was removed under completely false ones.

And seriously. Don't pay attention to Fox news. They are probably the least trustworthy news site behind even the Onion. And that's satire.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 10:12:29 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2013, 10:28:13 PM »
This theory is totally plausible, they haven't shown any proof yet and I doubt they will. USA did similar things before to have a excuse to invade a country so they can be doing the same thing again.

Someone needs to find this kind of news in Syria newspaper or something like that to be more certain.

Are you kidding me? I'm pretty sure the videos of wounded people being treated with aftereffects of deadly gases, and stories of refugees are proof enough. Unless you'd claim that the rebels fake those, but everyone except the Russians and Chinese say the evidence is apparent enough. Also they claimed in the news that Israeli military intelligence intercepted orders by the Syrian army to use chemical agents.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57600306/biden-no-doubt-assad-responsible-for-syria-chemical-weapons-attack/

The only question is why they only decided to act after use of chemical weapones. The Syrian regime has been bombing innocent civilians using conventional weapons all through the war.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2013, 02:05:23 AM »
America also used the same tactics when they bombed Hiroshima and Nagasaki. They claimed it was to end the war, but in reality the war with Japan was drawing to a close. Japan was only months away from surrender however America had an agenda in mind. The two atomic bombs were nothing more then a science experiment on a massive scale as American had no idea about what the effects of a nuclear device would be like, so they made a claim. And to this day, any one of those scientists whom are still alive will tell you that the day the bomb was dropped it was the biggest mistake and the most painful regret of their lives. It wasn't necessary, it was just a science experiment that in my opinion should never have happened.

To play devil's advocate I think at least most of the people who made the decision to drop the bomb were thinking about the possibly hundreds of thousands of soldiers who would be killed in the invasion and occupation of Japan. I think Hiroshima and Nagasaki and the resulting cancers and mutations are among the biggest tragedies in human history. And certainly there were elements in the planning who were already considering the bomb as a future securer of American power/war deterrent. But I don't believe many people at the time were thinking about or even aware of the long term effects of radiation. That's why there were suddenly so many horror movies in the 1950s like THEM! (and in Japan Gojira/Godzilla) where everyone's going "Oh shit, radiation. What is it and exactly what does it do?"

PS- Not to suggest the USA is above using it's own or any other citizens to test weapons, both civilians and military personnel http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unethical_human_experimentation_in_the_United_States The government has done many, many radiation experiments on mostly-poor/minority citizens (including children and pregnant women) without their knowledge. This is not a conspiracy theory, it is a matter of public record. I just don't think the primary aim of the two Japanese bombings was as an experiment. I imagine a lot of people just thought of it as a much more effective version of the firebombings we'd been doing on mostly-wooden Japanese cities for years by then.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 02:32:07 AM by Ratty »

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2013, 05:44:42 AM »
The US getting involved in this is a bad idea.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2013, 05:55:29 AM »
This is going to be another Afghanistan.  :(

Offline Mooning Freddy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2013, 06:00:09 AM »
I am actually quite disappointed. Until now I got no redneck responses like "USA F**K YEAH" or "Eat lead die motherf**ker die"

What's up with kids today.  >:( 

« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 06:02:29 AM by Mooning Freddy »
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Ratty

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2013, 06:25:35 AM »
I am actually quite disappointed. Until now I got no redneck responses like "USA F**K YEAH" or "Eat lead die motherf**ker die"

What's up with kids today.  >:( 

Even those people are largely war weary or already dead. Or wouldn't support anything Obama did even if it was exactly what they wanted. This is generalizing but in my experience most Americans today couldn't give a damn what happens in the rest of the world if it meant gas would go down to a reasonable price. I expect it's much the same in many other countries.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 06:27:37 AM by Ratty »

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2013, 08:37:49 AM »
Are you kidding me? I'm pretty sure the videos of wounded people being treated with aftereffects of deadly gases, and stories of refugees are proof enough. Unless you'd claim that the rebels fake those, but everyone except the Russians and Chinese say the evidence is apparent enough. Also they claimed in the news that Israeli military intelligence intercepted orders by the Syrian army to use chemical agents.

I've not seem any video yet, but they could totally fake it if they wanted. Actors and make-up exists, also they could use old footage from this place or a very similar place.

What Im saying is: someone have some news about that without the source being USA? Im talking about a video footage or a newspaper that have seem and written what they saw, not someone spreading more and more something that they have heard.

They invade countries and then when everything is okay, they stay there, stealing resources with a fake excuse like "we're guaranting that everything is okay there" until they got what they wanted. Its like a hungry friend that comes to your house with a excuse, only to eat some food and then say goodbye.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Mooning Freddy

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2013, 11:04:35 AM »
David Cameron said today they have evidence of Syrian security forces using chemical weaponry 14 time. 14 times.
Goddamnit, you can say that those fighting against Assad are no better then him, but there's much more than enough proof that he's committing atrocities and crimes against humanity.  Israeli intelligence were the first to notify Obama of the intercepts proving he's using sarin and other nerve gases, months before they decided to take action.  And no, it's not in Israel's interest to see Assad's demise. His fall would create chaos that would be very bad for the country. But that kind of monster cannot stay in power.

Jeez, I am amazed how people all over the internet are going "it's all an American / Western excuse to invade another country blah blah"
It's like nobody gives a rat's ass about a tyrant massacring people by the dozens of thousands anymore.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/aug/29/uk-intelligence-syrian-regime-chemical-weapons

Syria chemical weapons - Sarin gas attack near Damascus? - Truthloader
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Ratty

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2013, 11:23:32 AM »
+1
It's like nobody gives a rat's ass about a tyrant massacring people by the dozens of thousands anymore.

Unfortunately this is probably true to a large extent, at least in America. We're sick of war and wary of any supposedly humanitarian reasons for going to it. After being led to the trap of Iraq under false pretenses to support oil and the military/it's suppliers. Hell the Iraq war was originally codenamed Operation Iraqi Liberation, perhaps as a sick joke. "Freedom" was later put in place of "Liberation" in the title, but hundreds of thousands of (mostly civilian) casualties, billions upon billions of dollars and a decade later, we never did find any evidence of the supposed motive for going there. Add to this the fact that America is beyond broke because of the multiple wars we've fought over the last decade, and the fact we're still struggling through a historically bad depression brought about by poor regulation during that same period. And it's not hard to see why many Americans are becoming very cynical and uncaring.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 11:28:36 AM by Ratty »

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2013, 11:41:05 AM »
+1
HEre's what I think will likely happen:

1.US will invade Syria, take Assad out, and install one of our puppets.

2.Puppet will rule for the next several years

3.Puppet will suddenly gain a backbone, stop doing what the US tells him to do

4.Puppet will be deemed a "threat to mankind" and need to be taken out.

THe US has a terrible track record with installing leaders, see Pinochet, Saddam Hussein, Manuel Noreiga, and I'm going to bet Hamid Karzai will soon be on that list too. The same thing happens every time.

David Cameron said today they have evidence of Syrian security forces using chemical weaponry 14 time. 14 times.
Goddamnit, you can say that those fighting against Assad are no better then him, but there's much more than enough proof that he's committing atrocities and crimes against humanity.  Israeli intelligence were the first to notify Obama of the intercepts proving he's using sarin and other nerve gases, months before they decided to take action.  And no, it's not in Israel's interest to see Assad's demise. His fall would create chaos that would be very bad for the country. But that kind of monster cannot stay in power.

Jeez, I am amazed how people all over the internet are going "it's all an American / Western excuse to invade another country blah blah"

Do we know for a fact that it WAS Assad who used the chemical weapons though? I haven't heard anything other than speculation that because Assad's the bad guy, it obviously must have been him. To be honest, I could see rebels using CWs and blaming the regime as a means of getting the US involved (which is something they've wanted from the beginning.)

America's become a terrible place as far as profiteering goes. There's strong evidence that the Iraq war was started all because a few people knew it would make them a lot of money. Syria is a major oil exporter and I don't think any of us would be surprised if this was just a convenient excuse to be able to get at their oil. Not saying that's what's going on, but it's a possibility given the US government's recent past.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2013, 11:59:07 AM »
The possibility that the rebels poisoned themselves is not only crazy, it's impossible. Why? Because the rebels don't have chemical weapons. The entire chemical arsenal of Syria is tightly guarded by the government. The other side of the coin? If the rebels get hold of it, it could easily find its way to terrorists fighting alongside the rebels, like AL-qaida. This is why the West must intervene in the case when there's a danger they'd get the arsenal.

And this is where I get to the point: Obama and his allies don't intend to dispose of Assad. They never said they they did. They only want to punish him. How? A well-planned attack of the chemical facilities is a possibility. If Syria's chemical arsenal is destroyed, they'd achieve two goals at once: they prevent the regime from further use of the weaponry and the rebels from getting their hands on it.
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2013, 12:21:11 PM »
+2
Hate to sound cold but...

...the USA has its own share of problems.  It's time the USA stops trying to be the "Superman" country of the world.  Maybe 50 years ago that would've been true.  Now?  We've been knocked down quite a few times and are just not financially able to support another 'protect my friends' war.

If that means other nations have to burn themselves as a result... so be it.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Tags:

anything