Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread  (Read 1094789 times)

Offline MotorRoach

• Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #1770 on: December 28, 2016, 05:37:53 AM »

Downgraded the color count down to 12, the same amount as Alucard's sprite. Attempted to make the sprite to feel sharper and slimmed down the exaggerated proportions. Here's the reference art I used, if it helps giving feedback.

Offline MotorRoach

• Awards
« Reply #1771 on: December 28, 2016, 02:22:20 PM »
+1

Doing Richter some animation justice.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1772 on: December 28, 2016, 03:00:44 PM »
That shit is too smooth for its own good.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1773 on: December 28, 2016, 04:18:23 PM »
Say MotorRoach, would you like to help with a fangame? We're kinda understaffed at the moment and could use someone with your talent.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline MotorRoach

• Awards
« Reply #1774 on: December 28, 2016, 04:24:38 PM »
As glad as I would be to help with anything, my hands are sadly full at the moment. I'm working with multiple projects at the moment, and I would rather just get them done already, instead of occupying myself with even more things to do. Hopefully I can finish a Richter sprite sheet in the near future, at least!

These are not really done in the style of any Castlevania game-- in fact, they are done in the style of some fangame that has nothing to do with Castlevania. I am happy with how Richter turned out, but I'm not sure how right I've gotten Simon's hair, given there wasn't a lot of reference for it in this angle.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1775 on: December 28, 2016, 04:30:45 PM »
Well, that's unfortunate. Anyway, good luck with your projects.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1776 on: December 28, 2016, 05:59:04 PM »

Doing Richter some animation justice.

That's some awesome sub pixelling there, dude.

About the knight -- it's better and looks more SotN-ish, though I do believe it could look more fitting still. If you want I can send you a PM with something I think would fit the style just right.
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline MotorRoach

• Awards
« Reply #1777 on: December 28, 2016, 06:59:47 PM »
That would be nice, I would really appreciate that.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1778 on: December 29, 2016, 07:48:24 AM »
@MotorRoach, you're pretty awesome at everything you've shown us so far. However, posture seems to be something you need to work on. Something about it just looks off in all of your sprites.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline MotorRoach

• Awards
« Reply #1779 on: December 29, 2016, 11:59:52 AM »
I would appreciate if you could be more specific about the posture issue.

Also, fixed Specter Knight, with the assistance of theplottwist.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1780 on: December 30, 2016, 06:47:09 AM »
I would appreciate if you could be more specific about the posture issue.

They seem like they're holding their arms out too far, almost like they're putting something on. Their arms are too far from their body. They can't seem to relax their backs as well.

In the large Simon sprite, his arm that's toward us is awkward. He's just holding it straight forward, instead of it going towards him holding a normal posture. Beside being a 2d sprite, his body looks flat.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline MotorRoach

• Awards
« Reply #1781 on: December 30, 2016, 08:09:37 AM »
I see. I did have a hard time making the pose for that Simon sprite, mostly because I was trying to replicate his Chronicles sprite. I most likely got the posture slightly off, given you mentioned it looks off. Would it be alright if I asked for help regarding getting it right?

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1782 on: December 30, 2016, 10:46:19 AM »
I see. I did have a hard time making the pose for that Simon sprite, mostly because I was trying to replicate his Chronicles sprite. I most likely got the posture slightly off, given you mentioned it looks off. Would it be alright if I asked for help regarding getting it right?

Feel free asking for help regarding most anything here. The people here are mostly friendly and will be glad to help.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1783 on: December 31, 2016, 10:18:42 PM »
Happy new years! I bring a small amount of sprites this time, mostly as a preview of a mockup of a game I'm thinking about.
 Named "Toril : Holy Warrior" after the main protagonist of the game, Toril (A Norse name meaning warrior). The game would have a Steampunk/Medieval theme to it, akin to Final Fantasy VI. It has an art style inspired by Odallus : The Dark Call, Shovel Knight,and earlier games like Castlevania III, Super Metroid, and Castlevania : SotN. It's gameplay would be fast paced hit combo and button combo based, with a mix of magic attacks and physical attacks. Subweapons work like they do in Odallus, as in you collect an amount of each different subweapon and can switch between them as needed. It would be a MetroidVania style game, but with a linear path like MegaMan ZX for the DS.
But enough talk, have some sprites.

Our protagonist, Toril.

A HUD, with blue being life, green being mana, the fire being your selected magic, the crystal is your health up items, and the dagger is your ammount of selected subweapon.

A screen scale. It's at 428 x 240, with a 16:9 aspect ratio.
I know it's not much to show right now, but I'll update soon with a full mockup as well as some animations for our character.

Offline MooMilk

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure (GB)
« Reply #1784 on: February 22, 2017, 02:20:20 PM »
I seen a video of Castlevania Amiga and saw this sprite:

Now I'm hoping someone could rip all the sprites from it. It's funny how bad they are.

anything