Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Bloodlines Dracula's Second form is Drolta??  (Read 7924 times)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Re: Bloodlines Dracula's Second form is Drolta??
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2013, 01:38:02 AM »
I think this rumor spread because of Mr P's site. But I have to admit, it would make sense to me. Why introduce her to the story but not kill her off? Doesn't that leave an unneccessary loose end to the story since she could just revive Elizabeth again? I believe the Japanese manual (Drolta's description) says she created the Armor boss from the first stage, so in that case she had at least an indirect confrontation with John and Eric.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2013, 11:18:04 AM »
I personally think it happens something like this: You fight Dracula and kill him. Then Drolta appears and fights you. After you slay her she uses the last of her powers to bring Dracula back into the fight; offering herself as a blood sacrifice so to speak. But the gameplay itself is a little up in the air with this as it shows after Dracula's first defeat, him becoming that small cloaked sorcerer. But that could just be flashy graphics which is what SEGA never got tired of doing.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2013, 12:33:12 PM »
Drolta's artwork looks almost exactly like that "form"

I've always liked the twist, but if it's fake it would be a great change you brought upon the community.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2013, 04:21:18 PM »
I personally think it happens something like this: You fight Dracula and kill him. Then Drolta appears and fights you. After you slay her she uses the last of her powers to bring Dracula back into the fight; offering herself as a blood sacrifice so to speak. But the gameplay itself is a little up in the air with this as it shows after Dracula's first defeat, him becoming that small cloaked sorcerer. But that could just be flashy graphics which is what SEGA never got tired of doing.

That's a fine rationalization story-wise, but I have to disagree. If they wanted to convey that she comes in to back up dracula they could have done that. Instead they choose to go to the trouble of animating a complex (for the time) transformation sequence. That hardly seems like it's up in the air. After all they didn't even bother doing a transformation sequence for Elizabeth -> Medusa/Gorgon. That right there is up in the air as there's nothing to indicate whether it's a transformation or a summoning.

Look & Compare:

Elizabeth Battle

Dracula Battle

Drolta's artwork looks almost exactly like that "form"

I've always liked the twist, but if it's fake it would be a great change you brought upon the community.

Other than both having a dark blue cloak, I don't see it. Sorry. I see a lot more differences than similarities.

And, thanks. I've always had a thing for truth and accuracy that only got stronger after my divorce. When I saw this I felt compelled to raise my voice. I dunno, maybe I shouldn't be so pedantic, but I couldn't help it this time.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 04:40:50 PM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2013, 05:12:13 AM »
+2
I just read the character description on Drolta.
It just said that she is a puzzling old witch who serves under Elizabeth. She uses monsters as puppets and she hinders vampire hunters.
There is no mention whatsoever about her being Drac's 2nd form.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2013, 04:30:24 PM »
Thanks!  ;D
"Stuff and things."

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2013, 06:40:08 PM »
I just read the character description on Drolta.
It just said that she is a puzzling old witch who serves under Elizabeth. She uses monsters as puppets and she hinders vampire hunters.
There is no mention whatsoever about her being Drac's 2nd form.

I wouldn't expect there to be. Graham Jones' AoS profile says nothing about him believing himself to be Dracula.

I'm just sayin'.... I don't really feel one way or the other about this whole thing. I can see where both sides are coming from.
While there are differences in the Drolta artwork and that sprite, there are a lot of similarities and both kind of give off a very similar impression, in my opinion. There are a lot of inconsistencies in games from artwork to sprites. Take, for example, Symphony of the Night. The Dracula encountered at the beginning of the game is not wearing the clothes his dialogue portrait has, and Richter has a completely different outfit and hairdo.

But if that is meant to be Drolta, then the transition from Dracula to her then back to Dracula was very, very hamfisted and confusing.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2013, 02:19:40 AM »
I wish we could get some official word on it from someone who actually worked on the game.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2013, 05:25:48 AM »
I can't find anything in the manual that says so either, but it not being in the manual doesn't make it untrue.
Time has proven that manuals are/were often outdated/incomplete/not covering so I'm not sure about this either way.
I have to agree though that the 'story' seems plausible and the artwork is similar but that's about it.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2013, 03:11:57 PM »
That's more true for the US versions of manuals, no? It's always been my observation that the Japanese versions of manually are more properly used to expand on the story. The US versions seem to often 'make shit up'. I still don't think there's enough similarity between the art work and the sprite. I mean literally the only thing is the hooded robe. The skin color is different, there's no hair, there's no sign of the purple under-robe. The story is plausible, but not any more plausible than Elizabeth tuning into Medusa vs. Medusa being summoned. On the other hand the animations in the game do support the more consistent (with the rest of the series) idea that it's simply one of Dracula's forms and further matches his backstory in CV3/LotDC where Dracula is specifically said to have been a powerful sorcerer.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2013, 04:45:31 PM »
As i said before, you are right for wanting to know the truth. We need someone to translate Dracula's profile from the manual so we can be 100% sure that the manual doesnt say that he helped him in the last battle.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags: