Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castellum Sanguis LXVIII: Castlevania X68000 Tribute Album  (Read 3077 times)

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
Castellum Sanguis LXVIII: Castlevania X68000 Tribute Album
« on: October 08, 2018, 06:36:06 PM »
+2
I know it's a fan thing but I got the okay from Jorge.

I MADE A CASTLEVANIA X68000 FAN ALBUM.

https://sindravaniaprojects.bandcamp.com/album/castellum-sanguis-lxviii-castlevania-x68000-tribute-album

http://hyperurl.co/CastellumSanguis

So I made a arrangement album for the 25th anniversary of the game's release on the Sharp X68000! I gathered a bunch of artists I know (Stemage, Viking Guitar, Sixto Sounds, some asshat called Snappleman, etc.) and created a fantastic assortment of arrangements of the entire Castlevania X68000 soundtrack! It's currently out on Bandcamp and Youtube and will be on iTunes, Google Play and Spotify soon. (I also did the art.)

This was a pretty big undertaking for me as I have wanted to produce a Castlevania arrangement album for years but felt I didn't have the chops to do it justice. Fortunately I have curated a fantastic group of musical friends who helped me make this a reality. It's got a lot of prog rock and heavy metal and jazzy funkiness to it that I think does just to the original OST. Let me know what you all think!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 06:38:09 PM by Sindra »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castellum Sanguis LXVIII: Castlevania X68000 Tribute Album
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 06:49:20 PM »
Music is good stuff.  I wholeheartedly approve.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 06:05:48 AM »
This was really really really good!! Gladly purchased after streaming every song! Black Mass and Moon Fight are my faves!

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 09:12:58 AM »
>no sick-ass bass solo in Moon Fight

In all seriousness though, great job putting this together. I would buy it... if I had a job.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 09:24:49 AM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 09:44:36 AM »
Etude for the Killer...that’s gonna get a lot of repeats on my iPod.  Sexy stuff, great work overall!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 10:59:31 AM »
I noticed a little pay tribute to the Phantom of the Opera in the Tower of Dolls piece. Interesting how you got that to work.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2018, 11:35:57 AM »
Thanks for the comments! Basically I gave the artists carte blanche to arrange the tracks however they liked as long as they weren't completely straight covers and were unique. From there it was working with them to make sure what they were thinking and what I was thinking worked together and that they were sticking to certain guidelines in terms of mixing their tracks.  I didn't want to stifle anyone too much on what they wanted to do with their tracks creatively.

Snappleman ended up mastering the whole thing and taking on way more than I originally asked for in terms of contributing to his own tracks and to others, which just proves he had as much passion for the X68000 soundtrack as I did. (late night discussions with him on CV soundtracks back in the mid-2000s can be sourced as the background for that)

I'm glad people are enjoying it and I hope it gains traction in the community, as I really think the end product came together awesome. Especially considering the tarcks done to death (Vampire Killer, Bloody Tears, and to a lesser extent Theme of Simon and Wicked Child) were arranged in pretty unique ways, and the rest nobody barely ever covers or even have heard of outside of niches like here, like Tower of Gears or Load BGM.

Offline Darkmoon

• ICVD Keeper
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I Have No Idea Where I'm Going
    • Castlevania: The Inverted Dungeon
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2018, 08:04:47 AM »
*purchases*

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2018, 06:56:00 AM »
+2
Bumping this to say that the album is now out on all major music distribution platforms (Bandcamp, Youtube, iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, etc.)

Thank you very much to everyone who nabbed the album. <3

Tags:

anything