Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Needy Girl Overdose  (Read 3798 times)

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« on: February 08, 2022, 06:25:52 AM »
Nah. Personally I don't like either the localized title "Needy Streamer Overload" nor the original intended title. Instead the chinese title (roughly translated as "Streamer Girl Overdose") fits better in my sight. Or it could be just me.

Instead of its seemingly raising simulator frame, it's a perfect projection of how the post-2010s Internet can affect a specific group of people with mental disorders in good or bad ways. Maybe a bit way too perfect/realistic but overall it's like a get-high trip riding on the rocket and reaching the moon, or meeting the God in person. Some of the darker endings are really phaked up and contains ultra negative content not suitable for every possible gaming audience, but the game is no doubt a modern masterpiece no matter what. Actual gameplay is kinda repititive but I freagin love how they arranged the pixel arts and sounds nicely in the game. Yes the visuals and sounds carried the value of the whole game.
There're Hell lot of memes that gives surprise from start to end, even has Castlevania related ones. Seems the higher managers at Playism really are metroidvania fans. I can't wait to see what kind of studio Playism could substract and what's in their pocket for their next project.

But after seeing the plot of the "real" ending I can't help but to think of something pretty disastrous.
(click to show/hide)

One thing I must appreciate is peposoft joined the game's developing as sound effect designer. Actually I don't know what happened in Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth where he's also been credited but getting how good the sound effect performs in this game I believe something was wrong in Team Ladybug's part as Team Ladybug really is rehasing the exact same stuff to the death Mega-Man style. Thanks god Team Ladybug has no relationship to the development of this game.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 06:53:00 AM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2022, 04:33:13 AM »
So it seems WSS received a great financial boost from this game. Hope it would benefit Team Ladybug if WSS once again choose to cooperate with Team Ladybug for the next game WSS published.

But we don't know how much income WSS would actually absorb from Deedlit and this game... Things got awry again...
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2022, 11:46:16 PM »
According to the official news the game has been sold for over 300,000 units. Wow... The income must be strong enough for WSS to start a next game... Hope the next game would be a metroidvania if they have the plans... I love their style of sprite animations...

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1451940?emclan=103582791468598372&emgid=3129443759920365103

The reason why the game is a great financial success is probably because 1) a decent translation + localization to English and Chinese 2) the waifu and the retrospecitve general art style 3) WSS took huge effort to find ways to promote the game to China. The game then became a hit in China despite the game itself is still somewhat buggy.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 12:02:17 AM by Aceearly1993 »

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2022, 03:45:59 PM »
So that's how virtuality actually intrudes reality. Helljeahhhhhh!!!!! Physical soundtracks!!!
Although I won't actually need a physical soundtrack at the time...

https://blipblop.net/needy-girl-overdose-visual-novel-soundtrack-up-for-vinyl-preorder/

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2022, 05:08:47 PM »
So a Switch port of the game is announced. But I really doubt if the Switch is capable to run the game, nor do I know if all the bugs would eventually get fixed (The original version is plagued with truck loads of bugs)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2022, 05:12:07 PM by Aceearly1993 »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2022, 11:50:22 PM »
If the Switsh can play the complete edition of the Witcher III with only a small drop in frame rate, then it might be reasonable to assume it could do-so with this title as well. I don't know how big Needy Girl Overdose is but I'd say it's possible. Sure, bugs are another issue, however they might clear some of them up. Just have to wait and see I suppose.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2022, 04:47:01 PM »
https://twitter.com/nyalra/status/1536631035605450753

So it seems that the port is gonna be a real deal. At first I thought the Switch would be burnt down or something. (The optimization for steam version is still pretty bad.)
Best wishes to them and hope there would be better optimization for steam version too.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 04:56:30 PM by Aceearly1993 »

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2022, 08:00:22 PM »
https://twitter.com/nyalra/status/1539947134002556929

Over 500,000 sales was a smash hit for the genre that this game belongs.
I still doubt if there're less bugs than before...The newest revision barely changes anything aside from adding languages.

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2023, 06:36:29 PM »
https://t.bilibili.com/742728265205022725?spm_id_from=444.41.0.0

Good lord. According to bilibili.com exclusive contents of the developers, it seems needy girl has sold over 700,000 copies total. Definitely a smash hit.

https://news.denfaminicogamer.jp/interview/230123a
OK it was older news. Sold over 750,000 copies total.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 06:47:49 PM by Aceearly1993 »

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2023, 06:48:24 PM »
I just looked up in-game screenshots and can’t believe it’s actually a game.. ????
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2023, 02:05:53 AM »
Announced to be Million seller... Hard to measure if it's indeed real sales though

https://twitter.com/x_angelkawaii_x/status/1674686559097077760

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2023, 09:34:33 AM »
In this day in age numbers can easily be fudged. Many companies, especially Hollywood companies, do this just so they don't look bad. For real results -though I'd take a good while- would be the door-to-door check method.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags:

anything