Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 586785 times)

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2012, 04:30:20 AM »
Sweet. Well, better go and...um, ask a friend of mine to lend a copy! Uh...yeah. *cough* :P
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 04:56:47 AM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Archangel

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2012, 05:43:05 AM »
I´ve been playing the Xbox Live version of SotN (for the first time by the way) until yesterday. Even though I´ve played the psp version first, the original voice acting is pretty epic. "Dracula! In the name of my mother, I´ll defeat you again!"

And then... well, I decided to give Resident Evil Revelations another try. Chapter 4 was so annoying the last time so I stopped playing. So yeah, I began a new save yesterday.. hopefully I´ll finish it this time :D
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 07:02:47 AM by Archangel »
But people can’t be ruled by power alone! The sacred, the honorable, the loved…those things can rule humanity. Something evil will eventually FALL TO RUIN!!

- Richter Belmont

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2012, 10:41:12 AM »
League of Legends all day erry day 8)

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2012, 01:26:09 PM »
Lets see...
HoDe: It's mindless.
Fire Emblem 4: It's my secret drug.
and that's about it. I need to beat Dark Souls(I bought it at the midnight release and have yet to finish it. I just beat Seath the Scaleless so I imagine I'm nearing the end.), Tactics Ogre, and Tharcia 776.

Offline Nail_Bombed

• Indra's Fire
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Carlsberg
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Metal Ireland
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2012, 04:25:00 PM »
Back to playing Fallout 3 again after some time away from the Wasteland... enjoying revisiting it and laser-blasting Deathclaws while humming along to Billie Holiday.

Of course after I'm done exploring The Capital Wasteland, I'm going to start pining for the Mojave, and play some New Vegas.
If a man chooses, and a slave obeys, then what are you if you choose to obey?

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2012, 08:34:12 PM »
Fire Emblem 4? Maybe I should write some fanfic for that sometime ~_~

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2012, 10:37:43 PM »
I would read it. I love FE4 as much as myself.

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2012, 10:17:41 AM »
Right now i'm playing Star Wars: The force Unleashed on the PSP.  The game is fun as hell with all the spiffy force powers.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2012, 11:47:04 PM »
X-Multiply on MAME, prepping myself for a rare PS1 game to arrive soon after I pay for it (got it far cheaper than ebay), Image Fight/X-Multiply, two arcade titles from Irem on one disc.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2012, 09:52:18 AM »
NSMBWii & MPTrilogy
"Stuff and things."

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2012, 12:28:26 PM »
I beat Phantasy Star and it's held up excellently. A thoroughly enjoyable RPG with old school difficulty and charm.
Was getting rather worried about my 24 or so year old battery dying toward the end though lol.
Since to make it through the next-to-final dungeon I had to save and reload every few feet having depleted the very limited number of healing items you're allowed to carry with you in the previous 23 dungeon floor crawls, and there was no way to heal or buy more.

Just been playing some more Killing Floor since then. I prefer KF's arcade feel and gameplay to the linearity of the L4D series. Not to mention you can have more players at once and the class system adds refreshing variety.
And any game that allows you to play a steampunk medic in a top hot gets extra points in my book.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 03:02:15 PM by Ratty »

Offline Nail_Bombed

• Indra's Fire
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Carlsberg
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Metal Ireland
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2012, 04:12:01 PM »
Just got The Binding Of Isaac: Wrath Of The Lamb this morning. MOAR STUFF!!!

Loved Isaac the first time round, now it seems they've just cranked up the monsters, the drops, and the difficulty. These are all good things. Doesn't matter that it's essentially more of the same, it's just... more. Or indeed, MOAR.

I have however, already defeated the ultimate final boss already. I reckon though that's only because I was INSANELY lucky with my weapon drops. Going to have another run at the Cathedral now...
If a man chooses, and a slave obeys, then what are you if you choose to obey?

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2012, 04:59:44 PM »
I just got the PC versions of Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2, two of my all-time favorite Xbox games.  I just started the first one last night, I'm going to make a Light Jedi Sentinel.  Back in the Xbox days I always picked the darkside. :P

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2012, 08:55:22 AM »
Play Kid Icarus Uprising every day, a little at a time. Haven't beaten it yet cuz some days I rage and just play like shit, so it's either quit for the day or do things that would lead me to need a new DS.

If i'm not playing KIU, it's League of Legends (same ID as my forum ID, but with a space in it I think).
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2012, 02:10:58 PM »
Thunder Forces 2 and 3. These are hard but amazingly awesome. I can't wait to find Lightening Force; then I will only be missing 1 and 6 of the series.

Also Gaiares (I'm on a heavy Genesis kick lately) and Haunting Ground, which I'm unsure if I'll be able to continue if something bad happens to Hewie.

Tags:

anything