Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: People messing with the respect points  (Read 28760 times)

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
Re: People messing with the respect points
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2013, 08:35:33 PM »
There's a tombstone with my name on it in the main cemetery of my hometown. I supposedly died when I was born.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2013, 08:49:51 PM »
Reincarnated.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2013, 04:41:35 AM »
+2
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2013, 05:20:47 AM »
Yeah! So you just go and pick up your squashed nickel then move along there, bub, before the police spot ya!

*I dunno if a nickel would derail a train... I don't see how, but I remember that rumor as a kid.*
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2013, 07:28:24 AM »
This reminds me of these old cartoons with crazy things, like whey they try to make a car step on their feet so it falls on the floor.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2013, 04:54:16 PM »
I don't think anybody has actually thumbed anybody up or down ever since Jorge-sensei retconned seeing how much respect you have.

(inb4 everyone thumbs me down ;-;)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2013, 05:16:55 PM »
Yes, thats because its not cool like before. Before that retcon I +1 someone because I really knew that this would change something for the said person (obviously I only +1 someone if I agree with him/ likes his post).

Now its more like a Facebook 2.0, where you will only notice one time that this person received these poitns and forget days later. Thats what I really think, I dont have said it before but since you mentioned it I decided to send my feedback.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2013, 10:11:28 PM »
I don't think anybody has actually thumbed anybody up or down ever since Jorge-sensei retconned seeing how much respect you have.

(inb4 everyone thumbs me down ;-;)
I did. I always +1 a lot of posts. I am Crisis' successor and until he comes back I will fulfill the duty he trusted me with.

Yes, thats because its not cool like before. Before that retcon I +1 someone because I really knew that this would change something for the said person (obviously I only +1 someone if I agree with him/ likes his post).

Now its more like a Facebook 2.0, where you will only notice one time that this person received these poitns and forget days later. Thats what I really think, I dont have said it before but since you mentioned it I decided to send my feedback.
Yes, it doesn't feel so big a good action as it felt, but I still do it.
And ye day shall cometh where master Fuentes be uncovering the veil, and the truth shall set you free, for the points now be under the light of the sun again.

"There is coming a time when Jorge will return and we're told in the Book: ... a new Dungeon where there will no longer be any death, mourning, crying, or pain, or negative respect".
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2013, 10:34:46 PM »
+1
If I were Jorge, I'd probably just ban all you whiners. :]
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #69 on: September 02, 2013, 10:40:38 PM »
+1
"Without whining and derailing there's no fun in a forum" (Shigeru Miyamoto).
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2013, 05:38:23 AM »
+1
See?
You can't please people. :P
"...then the battle will last for eternity!"

Yeah, Upvoting is totally nerfed now.  But now no more whining about respect points going down, etc.
You're all a bunch of wankers. :P :P :P :P :P
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2013, 07:17:59 AM »
+1
It sounds to me like some of you actually thought your total respect points counted for something. If you think it was a legitimate counter of how respectable you are, then you are mistaken.

Being on the forum to discuss great CV games is what should keep you coming back and having fun, not some superfluous point system that caused more problems than did any good.

You're crying because the doctor unprescribed your placebo pills.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2013, 07:44:47 AM »
+3
Counted as much as points in any silly little game. To some people, a game is srs bsns.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #73 on: September 03, 2013, 08:55:39 AM »
+5
You only say that cause you jes jelly I was mopping the floor with you in The Silly Game, a-yty-kun-sama.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: September 03, 2013, 09:06:34 AM »
+1
I..I..you..

Aargh! Get out of my head, dude!

Tags: