Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Chapel of Resonance Closed Again  (Read 7850 times)

Draculas Curse

Chapel of Resonance Closed Again
« on: October 31, 2010, 04:54:26 PM »
Hey guys, I occasionally posted on Chapel of Resonance but it looks like myself and everyone else have been banned from their forum. No one is allowed to post but the forum remains online. The most recent post says it is closed, anyone know what's going on?

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 05:11:23 PM »

Draculas Curse

Re: Chapel of Resonance Closed Again
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 05:19:27 PM »
But why would someone do that? Why not just leave the forum up and running. This is not the first time they have done that either. See if I ever go back there.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 06:15:42 PM »
I think successor is just doing some technical overhauling and stuff. It happened a few times at other forums I've been to, you have to turn off posting for a while in order to fiddle with some of the settings or something. Its nuu biggie, im sure itll be back suun. 8)

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 11:50:57 AM »
It happens here, too... I just do it magically when no one is noticing. ;)
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 08:00:51 PM »
There is no reason to close the forums for something like this. Just develop the new forums in a different location, and convert the database at the end... Simple stuff.

Then again, this is Successor we're talking about.

Offline Kaori

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 11:05:33 AM »
The Chapel hasn't been really active lately. I've noticed that here at the Dungeon it's been quite a bit more active lately. I actually ended up checking here more than I did the Chapel. I love the Chapel, but news for LoS ended up here faster. That's probably why I started coming here more. I have been a looooong time stalker of the Dungeon though, even before the Chapel existed.

Ah well. It's probably about time I started to post here as well. I had made an account here a long time ago, but I only posted a few times. I guess my account died (not like I remember the username anyway) so I just created a new one.  ;D

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 11:52:17 AM »
When the Dungeon rises, the Chapel falls. When the Chapel rises, the Dungeon falls.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2010, 12:35:00 PM »
The Chapel hasn't been really active lately. I've noticed that here at the Dungeon it's been quite a bit more active lately. I actually ended up checking here more than I did the Chapel. I love the Chapel, but news for LoS ended up here faster. That's probably why I started coming here more. I have been a looooong time stalker of the Dungeon though, even before the Chapel existed.

Ah well. It's probably about time I started to post here as well. I had made an account here a long time ago, but I only posted a few times. I guess my account died (not like I remember the username anyway) so I just created a new one.  ;D

Depending on when you created your account (or when you started lurking), you might have have lost it when we did the big Dungeon Forum/setup move last year.  We switched to a different server, stopped using Forumplanet, then stopped using the weirded-out SMF template.  Now we're a lot safer, secure, and customizable.  During all that time, though, people did have to create new accounts at times.  Perhaps yours was one of the lost ones.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2010, 03:30:15 PM »
Jorgey's good with this forum stuff  8) It's all mysteries to me :o

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2010, 03:59:45 PM »
Well, SMF makes it really nice and easy to add plug-ins and enhancements.  It also makes it easy to back up the forum should there be a forum mishaps (hasn't happened yet **knocks on wood**).  But yeah, adding the Youtube and other items has been pretty easy.  I haven't really dabbled into plugins that do anything all that difficult.  I do not want to overload the forum with features that will not be pertinent (and would end up just weighing it down).

Once the new version of the SMF engine reaches a status past "BETA", I'll be upgrading.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2010, 02:51:44 PM »
This isn't really news, since no really cares.
Hey guys, I occasionally posted on Chapel of Resonance but it looks like myself and everyone else have been banned from their forum. No one is allowed to post but the forum remains online. The most recent post says it is closed, anyone know what's going on?

Yeah I've noticed most of dungeon deserters have started returning.  Anyway who cares if they close or not.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 02:55:23 PM by knightmere »

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2010, 12:17:29 AM »
By deserters you mean like two people who have already been posting here anyway?       

Joachim

Re: Chapel of Resonance Closed Again
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2010, 08:57:30 AM »
DC and knightmere, you two are hilarious.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2010, 10:52:50 AM »
hi
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Tags: