Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What are the essential video game making tools for a beginner?  (Read 5100 times)

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Re: What are the essential video game making tools for a beginner?
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2012, 10:43:09 PM »
its no easier or harder than programmin for anythin else. Its just a different system with its own rules and limitations. Nothing about programmin in general is easy. Doesnt matter what language or system

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2012, 10:10:26 AM »
One more thing, does anyone knows about programming for Android?. If it's hard and stuff?
it seems it's possible to run emulators on android devices but it's neccessary to do something I think it was called "rooting" or something similar. Since all the games I tried so far in my tablet suck it would be cool to be able to make my own.

I don't know how hard it is to program for android is, but I do know that the new Game Maker Studio that comes out soon will allow you to publish directly to iOS, Android, Mac & HTML5.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Arma

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • My, currently outdated, blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2012, 06:00:07 PM »
I googled it and found some introductory material to make games for Android, it says there since Android its java based it may be a bit easier for begginers than C++
It's pretty cool, Google provides the tool kit for free and has a support group for developers, I bookmarked all the websites.
However I think it's a good idea to start with older programs first because Android is unstable, my tablet already bricked once just because I installed an app that was made for phones and it's not so easy to know which ones are for tablets and which ones for phones. I don't want to fool around with my tablet's software until I learn more about Android but I want to keep that possibility open.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2012, 06:41:34 PM »
Construct2 is entirely html5 based right now. You can play anything made with it on any browser that supports html5 which includes android and iOS

Tags:

anything