Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Warm Fuzzies  (Read 5159 times)

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« on: January 21, 2013, 02:24:16 AM »
So, guys, let's list some great memories that give you that ooey, gooey, sickeningly sweet & warm as Nana's hand made sweaters feelings deep down inside. I'll go first-

My dad used to give me his old t-shirts so I could make clothes for my cats with my mom when I was little. They didn't stay on long, but gosh, they were cute.
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 03:17:41 AM »
+1
Finding those two knitted stuffed panda bears (I had when I was still a babe) when I am cleaning out the closet. They are quite fragile now so I kept them in a plastic container with those silica gels.

Offline Laina

• RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 10:55:52 AM »
I'll go again-when my cat I had as a child, Fritzi, would sit in my lap while I played video games. She never moved or got in my way, just sat there purring her sweet little heart out. Greatest. Cat. Evah.
Groove is in the heart.

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 11:03:41 AM »
+1
When I was really little, one of my cats would sleep by my head while I slept in my bed. It always made me feel protected, warm and special because she wouldn't sleep on anyone else's head.

Offline Laina

• RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 11:22:07 AM »
When I was really little, one of my cats would sleep by my head while I slept in my bed. It always made me feel protected, warm and special because she wouldn't sleep on anyone else's head.

That is the cutest thing I have ever read on this forum. +1!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 01:38:43 PM by Laina »
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 04:08:09 PM »
Finally beating Dracula X with my best friend as a child 8)

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 05:32:21 PM »
+1
When Ajax was just a kitten I'd hoist him up over my head and he would make this long, drawn-out sound as he was up in the air. The best I can interpret it is something like this: M'yeuuuuuuuuuu! He also tried to stalk my brother on his bed as a kitten and my bro still has that video on his digital camera.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Laina

• RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 08:29:10 PM »
When Ajax was just a kitten I'd hoist him up over my head and he would make this long, drawn-out sound as he was up in the air. The best I can interpret it is something like this: M'yeuuuuuuuuuu! He also tried to stalk my brother on his bed as a kitten and my bro still has that video on his digital camera.

It's got a kitty being adorable in it, so I gotta +1 it.

When I was little & my dad would pick me up from preschool on occasion, we'd always stop by the grocery store so's he could buy a big ol' loaf of luncheon meat & some vingar. We'd take it home, he'd open the tin with the little key provided, then slice it up with his pocket knife into thin little strips. Then, we'd dip the strips in the vinegar & eat them with crackers & Royal Crown Cola while he told me stories about when he was a kid. My dad knew how to treat a lady, lemme tell ya.
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 10:27:47 PM »
+1
My university has a lot of cats. There was a time when my friends and I found an abandoned kitten (just a few days old). It was so cute and it looked so famished, so we decided to buy some milk at the canteen. We used the cap of a water bottle to put the milk in and little kitty just kept asking for more.
I suppose that it grew up to be one of those cats that love to beg for food when students are eating around the campus.

Offline Laina

• RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 03:02:23 AM »
More kitty talk! +1! Where's Gunlord when all this kitty talk is going on?
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 04:21:02 PM »
+2
Hmmmm. Let me try my Gunlord-call: prunyuuuu~! prunyuuuu~! prunyuuuu~!
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 03:09:26 AM »
Prunyuuuuu~~~~!!!!!!!

Another one of my fond memories is from when I was very young, and my best friend was boarding a cat named Bootsie. She liked being a catloaf and being petted 8)

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 08:44:28 AM »
+2
Hmmmm. Let me try my Gunlord-call: prunyuuuu~! prunyuuuu~! prunyuuuu~!
Prunyuuuuu~~~~!!!!!!!

Another one of my fond memories is from when I was very young, and my best friend was boarding a cat named Bootsie. She liked being a catloaf and being petted 8)

Holy crap, it worked. o_O

Offline Laina

• RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 03:54:08 PM »
My 5th biryhday party. It was TMNT themed & I got the Donatello action figure I'd been jonesin' for.
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2013, 05:13:47 PM »
Holy crap, it worked. o_O

I'm just as surprised XD
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Tags: