Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Nerd World explodes! - Batman & Superman movie coming 2015  (Read 5726 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Nerd World explodes! - Batman & Superman movie coming 2015
« on: July 20, 2013, 11:16:47 AM »
Warner Bros. is about to bring together two of its most iconic heroes: Superman and Batman will unite in a new film, the follow-up to “Man of Steel,” set for release in 2015.

According to two sources with knowledge of the movie, Warner Bros. intends to announce the news at its Comic-Con International panel Saturday morning. Said a Warner Bros. spokesperson, “We don’t comment on rumors regarding these properties.”

“Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder is expected to reunite with screenwriter David S. Goyer and star Henry Cavill for the new film. It’s unlikely Christian Bale will step back into the bat suit, as the actor has indicated publicly that he has moved on from his days as Bruce Wayne.

More at http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movies/comic-con-2013-superman-batman-movie-will-follow-man-of-steel/#/0

Everything comes full circle

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Nerd World explodes! - Batman & Superman movie coming 2015
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 11:32:54 AM »
This movie will have to be done in a very specific way otherwise it will not work. Many if not all the DC superheros are extremely overpowered with Superman and Captain Marvel being the strongest of them all. Batman is nothing more then a man wearing a suit with gadgets. Unlike the cartoons and comics where it was easy to let their imaginations go, a movie theme of this scope will have a lot more realism to it because they can't afford to go off the deep end like the do with cartoons and comics. It just wouldn't make a whole lot of sense from a movie standpoint. And Superman can just as easily steel the show from Batman due to his insane amount of power whereas Batman has none. This is also why a Justice League movie would be very difficult to produce if it not done properly. And Honestly I'm very weary of how this will succeed, if it even succeeds at all.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 11:42:57 AM »
Nerd Wold explodes 2.0... World of Warcraft announced!

Everything comes full circle

Offline chainsawmidget

• that guy
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 12:11:56 PM »
Warner Bros. is about to bring together two of its most iconic heroes: Superman and Batman will unite in a new film,
Good!

“Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder is expected to reunite with screenwriter David S. Goyer and star Henry Cavill for the new film.
Not Good.

It’s unlikely Christian Bale will step back into the bat suit,
Ggguuulllddd.  Naww more Bayle Bahtmahun vahoyze.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 12:48:37 PM »
Sheesh, what's with the pessimism already? It was JUST announced, and already I see people worried about it (and not just with Superman/Batman, but with X-Men, Amazing Spiderman 2, etc.), how it could suck, etc.? This is a WONDERFUL time to be a comic book movie fan. 20 years ago none of these iconic characters would've been taken seriously by ANY Hollywood studio, the few superhero films we got back in the day were either cheese-fests or just bad. But these days there's actual passion involved, but alas people are still overly critical even before we get any real info. Yeah they're not all golden, but they're not as bad as people make them out to be. The next several years are gonna be VERY exciting, that is, if you don't let pre-conceived notions like how they deviated from the comic or whatever get in the way & just enjoy the movie.

Offline chainsawmidget

• that guy
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2013, 01:06:20 PM »
Well, I hated the last three Batman movies and thought the Superman movie was too dark and missed the point of the character, so I'm not too optimistic here. 

They seem to obsessed with trying to prove that superheroes can be serious and dramatic that they've forgotten all the fun aspects. 

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2013, 01:15:52 PM »
Well, I hated the last three Batman movies and thought the Superman movie was too dark and missed the point of the character, so I'm not too optimistic here. 

They seem to obsessed with trying to prove that superheroes can be serious and dramatic that they've forgotten all the fun aspects.

Which is really strange, because I thought that the two most obvious things the Avengers proved as a phenomenon were 1.) General audiences are now so used to superheroes ("X-Men" started the current explosion 13 years ago) you don't have to worry about "proving" the legitimacy of the genre or the characters with grimdarkness. 2.) That same acceptance means you can add some levity to the material, some of the best moments in "The Avengers" were also funny. ("Puny God!")

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2013, 01:30:19 PM »
Unlike the cartoons and comics where it was easy to let their imaginations go, a movie theme of this scope will have a lot more realism to it because they can't afford to go off the deep end like the do with cartoons and comics.

ORRRR They could do what they did with Avengers, i.e. a movie with lost of explosions, action and one liners and no plot or logic of any kind.

I think the whole trend of making comic-book movies realistic and dramatic started with Nolan's adaptations (which I personally liked) and Watchmen (which was based on an ultra dramatic and quite realistic comic book so it makes sense).

It's really a two-sided dagger. You either try to hit the adult/mature public with dramatic comic movies or the comic books geeks and action movie-lovers (remember the 80's when action movies actually had a plot? good times).
I think in the latest decade more people started enjoying comic books films even when they weren't dramatic. Most of them try to be entertaining over dramatic.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Ratty

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2013, 04:57:37 PM »
+1
ORRRR They could do what they did with Avengers, i.e. a movie with lost of explosions, action and one liners and no plot or logic of any kind.

Don't quite get what you mean here. The plot to The Avengers was pretty coherent if somewhat thin, par for the course with the genre honestly. Though one might need to have seen all the previous installments (Iron Man 1&2, Thor, The Hulk 1&2, Captain America) for some parts of it to be fully understood, also par for the course with continuity seeped super-stories.

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2013, 05:13:42 PM »
Cautiously optimistic. I had high hopes for MOS but it suffered in acting and dialogue. Hopefully they can at least get someone other than Zack Snyder to direct this one.

That said, I'm very curious as to who the new Batman will be.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2013, 07:32:17 PM »
The Hulk 1&2,

It was just The Incredible Hulk. The first attempt was awful so they remade it. And I'm glad that they did as I felt the first attempt was very negative and off the mark. It did not make for a good film. The second attempt was much better. The remake's ending sequence has a cameo of Tony Stark talking to a disgruntled general so it's obvious that the remake is the one they chose for the upcoming Avengers. You don't need to see the other Hulk film in order to understand the Avengers film. Just the remake.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Ratty

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2013, 08:03:01 PM »
It was just The Incredible Hulk. The first attempt was awful so they remade it. And I'm glad that they did as I felt the first attempt was very negative and off the mark. It did not make for a good film. The second attempt was much better. The remake's ending sequence has a cameo of Tony Stark talking to a disgruntled general so it's obvious that the remake is the one they chose for the upcoming Avengers. You don't need to see the other Hulk film in order to understand the Avengers film. Just the remake.

Good. I wasn't sure if the Incredible Hulk was a full on reboot or not. I was about to rent it when I suddenly wasn't able to (long story) but it's the only one of the prerequisite movies to the Avengers I didn't see. You're absolutely right about the earlier "Hulk" film though, an absolute trainwreck. I saw it with a group of 7 other people when it first came out on video and I kid you not I was the only one awake by the time the end credits rolled.

Offline chainsawmidget

• that guy
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2013, 09:15:40 PM »
Good. I wasn't sure if the Incredible Hulk was a full on reboot or not. I was about to rent it when I suddenly wasn't able to (long story) but it's the only one of the prerequisite movies to the Avengers I didn't see. You're absolutely right about the earlier "Hulk" film though, an absolute trainwreck. I saw it with a group of 7 other people when it first came out on video and I kid you not I was the only one awake by the time the end credits rolled.
They kinda left it open with Hulk.  The second movie he's been Hulk for a while and nothing contradicts the first movie, but they don't reference it either.  If you want to ignore it, you can.  if you want to treat the second one as a sequel, that works too. 

Personally, I think that's the best way to do a reboot. 

Really though, yo don't need to see either film to understand the Avengers.  Do you know a puny scientist turns into a giant green rampaging monster that smashes things when he gets mad?  If so, you know all you need to know about the Hulk.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2013, 12:44:41 AM »
It's about time that they announced it.
If this is successful, then we might see more DC characters get their own movies.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2013, 01:56:11 AM »
It's really a two-sided dagger. You either try to hit the adult/mature public with dramatic comic movies or the comic books geeks and action movie-lovers (remember the 80's when action movies actually had a plot? good times).

Which is what they did with Watchmen, which was pretty much exactly like the graphic novel (sans the S.Q.U.I.D. and a few other plot points), but fans & comic book geeks still hated on it. Nobody can ever be satisfied for once.

#everythingsamazing #butnobodyshappy
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 02:15:56 AM by crisis »

Tags: