Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread  (Read 1055731 times)

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - First Place 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 2nd Place Award One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #1335 on: December 08, 2014, 06:45:47 AM »
I can vouch for Plot, he actually showed me these sprites before he even posted it here.

@Dracula9
I think Rasgar should stick with the current DoS sprite he's working on. He's already done plenty of his animations, it'd be a shame for them to go to waste.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1336 on: December 08, 2014, 06:46:11 AM »
Ok uuh, I just saw it and I must say I'm kinda surprised and SWEAR TO GOD I hadn't seen it. Just so ya know, I can't sprite this so fast and claim the idea as my own in such a short time lol, but the idea to post about it DID came from Tears of Pain, considering there is an Alucard screenshot there. That specific screenshot is what made me post this specific sprite.

Donoffrio is witness and can attest that this sprite and concept exists before you typed it up.

Maybe a demonstration that great minds think alike????

For sure dude. I'm not discrediting you or anything, just mentioning it. I have a 1999 level for my game but it's just one stage not a full game or anything.

I've had that idea for a while about Alucard that stemmed originally from seeing him in Dawn of Sarrow as Arikado and also a bit from Zobek in LOS2.

I was thinking Alucard would be more akin to Arikado in the modern area and wouldn't go all SOTN unless he was forced to use his full power to some extent.

So in game you would basically be sneaking around as Arikado until your true potential is unleashed, maybe something like Alucard's techniques from the Hellsing series.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 06:48:49 AM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1337 on: December 08, 2014, 06:50:01 AM »
The sudden armor-spawning would make more sense if CV Alucard had Hellsing Alucard powers, in which his form is subjective and he can "savestate" his body and outfit. But he doesn't.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #1338 on: December 08, 2014, 06:51:13 AM »
The sudden armor-spawning would make more sense if CV Alucard had Hellsing Alucard powers, in which his form is subjective and he can "savestate" his body and outfit. But he doesn't.

Yeah, I was thinking Arikado could go all SOTN something similar to like Spawn's Cape or Spiderman's Black Suit....Releasing control art restriction to level two" etc.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 06:57:35 AM by darkmanx_429 »

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1339 on: December 08, 2014, 09:16:16 AM »
So I tried to improve my earlier Reinhardt sprite a little, mostly the upper body bit. Of course, keyword here being "tried". Did I screw up somewhere along the line?
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1340 on: December 08, 2014, 11:09:40 AM »
@VladCT hey nice Reinhardt sprite there. What program do you use to make a 2x of your sprite mate?

I am also trying to sprite too. here is my take on DXC Richter:

Offline vyck_st.judas

• Hunter in Training
  • Chillin' at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #1341 on: December 08, 2014, 01:28:58 PM »
So I tried to improve my earlier Reinhardt sprite a little, mostly the upper body bit.
I like it so far. Despite all the hate they get, I really liked the N64 Vania's. As pertains to the sprite I'd shift the angle of the right foot closer to facing the camera. The toes seem to be facing opposite directions a bit. The upper body looks good, but he seems to be facing upward. Either way, I always enjoy seeing the 3D guys get the pixel treatment. :) Keep up the great work!

Lastly, if anyone has those Nathan graves rips handy, would you please share them? As is, i cant seem to rip them without that shifting color palette.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1342 on: December 08, 2014, 06:41:30 PM »
I like it so far. Despite all the hate they get, I really liked the N64 Vania's. As pertains to the sprite I'd shift the angle of the right foot closer to facing the camera. The toes seem to be facing opposite directions a bit. The upper body looks good, but he seems to be facing upward. Either way, I always enjoy seeing the 3D guys get the pixel treatment. :) Keep up the great work!

Lastly, if anyone has those Nathan graves rips handy, would you please share them? As is, i cant seem to rip them without that shifting color palette.

Vyck!

Where the hell ya been man?

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #1343 on: December 08, 2014, 10:57:17 PM »
@VladCT hey nice Reinhardt sprite there. What program do you use to make a 2x of your sprite mate?

I am also trying to sprite too. here is my take on DXC Richter:

Paint Shop Pro 7, with the Pixel Resize resize type.
On your sprite, shift the hips a little, right now it looks pretty disjointed. Also, shift the upper part of the back cross a little too to follow the contour of the back better.

As pertains to the sprite I'd shift the angle of the right foot closer to facing the camera. The toes seem to be facing opposite directions a bit. The upper body looks good, but he seems to be facing upward.
How's the foot now? Also, could you elaborate better on what you meant about him facing upward? I tried shifting his face a bit.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 12:18:57 AM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline vyck_st.judas

• Hunter in Training
  • Chillin' at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #1344 on: December 09, 2014, 01:16:02 AM »
I'm so excited to see how this comes out honestly. Okay:
Fig A. He seems to be looking upward. Similar to they way Sonic's head would tilt when you held the up button to shift the camera.

Fig B. I got a little overzealous, and probably shouldn't have... (No disrespect intended) But i didn't know exactly how to explain it.
....... the flat jaw line from Fig A. makes his face look like its tilting back. Adding a pixel or 2 under that, puts his chin back down to looking forward.

Fig C. I saw someone had mentioned the thigh kinda twisting. It's because the knees are facing in opposing directions (outward).
....... An easy fix i use is to draw a kind of wire frame, then fill it out as i go. once the hips/knees/feet are defined, I have a guideline for
....... how the thighs/calves/shins should sit.
Fig D. Is just an example of how i use the wireframe to flesh things out.

I really do hope this is helpful to you. Best of luck, and don't get discouraged! X)

@darkmanx_429, I've been okay brother. I always kinda drift around. Experimenting with stuff as I go.

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1345 on: December 09, 2014, 01:19:23 AM »
Paint Shop Pro 7, with the Pixel Resize resize type.
On your sprite, shift the hips a little, right now it looks pretty disjointed. Also, shift the upper part of the back cross a little too to follow the contour of the back better.

How is it now? I changed his palette a bit too.

BTW, your reinhardt did look like his face is facing upwards.

@vyck
here, got it from the net:

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1346 on: December 09, 2014, 01:35:28 AM »
That's not what he's asking for, PV. The frames he's requesting are elusive. I dug around for them a few hours ago with no luck.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1347 on: December 09, 2014, 01:48:36 AM »
I really do hope this is helpful to you. Best of luck, and don't get discouraged! X)
This is going to be quite helpful indeed, thanks.

The coat tails should also be shrunk a little width-wise. Also you don't have to give them a constant 1 pixel distance to show that they're a double coat tail. Some shading trickery can go a long way with that.
^^

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - First Place 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 2nd Place Award One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #1348 on: December 09, 2014, 06:27:19 AM »

BTW, your reinhardt did look like his face is facing upwards.

Looks good! :D

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1349 on: December 09, 2014, 06:54:52 AM »
That's not what he's asking for, PV. The frames he's requesting are elusive. I dug around for them a few hours ago with no luck.

What are the exact frames that he wants?

anything