Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: As of today, my web-comic is officially one-year-old!  (Read 2668 times)

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
As of today, my web-comic is officially one-year-old!
« on: August 06, 2016, 05:01:22 AM »
My web-comic, The Fate of Keisuke, is officially one year old as of today. I doubt many, if any of you, have read or even heard of it, due to its current unfortunate state of being a Facebook exclusive comic, plus with the page for it on Facebook only having a meager 24 likes, but still. I'm happy. 366 days, 55 chapters, 457 pages, and 2 spin-off chapters. It's been a hell of a year with ups and downs.

And as a celebration of the one-year anniversary, I've created a collected edition of the first 15 chapters, titled The Fate of Keisuke Vol. #1: Origins, which is now available as a free download as of today. All of the chapters have been remastered, with all errors being removed, dialogue has been (mostly) rewritten, extra story content was added, as well as a Character Booklet added to the end of the volume that gives background info on all of the cast members appearing in this book.

I'd love to share it with you all, so you can download it here! Currently, it's only in image format, as I've yet to find a good (free) program that makes .pdfs out of images and keeps them at high quality, so the file is a whopping 170MB. I'd still love for everyone to check it out! Also, the Facebook Page is public access, so no account is required to read it there. If you like what you see here, feel free to head to the page to keep up to date with the comic (if you don't want to wait for the next volume release, which is coming next month). The link to the page is in my signature if you're interested!

So... yeah. I'm just really really excited about this. I've usually lost interest in projects after a week or two, but I'm having a lot of fun doing this, despite the fact that my reader-base is extremely low, like one person actually regularly reads it kind of low. I'd really love to know what everyone here thinks about it!

Extra notes about the comic if people care to read it:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 05:11:23 AM by Claimh Solais »
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: As of today, my web-comic is officially one-year-old!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 07:35:15 AM »
Why not just setup a cheap Wordpress site and upload them there?

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Re: As of today, my web-comic is officially one-year-old!
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 08:08:03 AM »
The free layouts are terrible with limited page space and paid options are not in my budget due to unemployment right now. Uploading my comic anywhere is pretty tough since most places really only work with comic strips or page-a-day styled comics, whereas mine consistently releases in groups of 10+ pages. DeviantArt kinda is better since you can upload images into their own albums and such, though.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Tags:

anything